Michigan Parents sentenced to 10 to 15 years.

The school DID sound alarms.
The school DID NOT buy the kids a gun in response to those alarms.

The school did nothing......they did not alert the police, and they told the parents the kid was not seen as a threat.......you dumb fuck.

The school didn't buy him a gun as an Early Christmas Present.

His idiot parents did that.

They didn't tell the parents the kid was a threat either.........they are the trained professionals and they saw nothing dangerous about the kid.....

Let’s stipulate (for the sake of discussion) that it was stupid and dangerous for the parents to have purchased a gun for the child.

The question then becomes whether that mistake (egregious though we may view it as being) is actually what the law has in mind when it penalizes some behavior as manslaughter or even as negligence.

I say it isn’t. It was a clever prosecutorial argument. But I’m not sure it will survive appellate scrutiny. At the very least, I suspect the sentence will need to be vacated. Way too much time.

Having sat on a criminal jury… I would NEVER allow myself to be subject to a jury trial. Basic common sense, reason and logic is non-existent in our jury rooms.
9 women
6 men
6 gun owners
all White

I doubt anyone could have asked for a more favorable jury outside of NRA HQ.

Having sat on a criminal jury… I would NEVER allow myself to be subject to a jury trial. Basic common sense, reason and logic is non-existent in our jury rooms.

But you can't submit to a Bench trial if the judge is a democrat....

They didn't tell the parents the kid was a threat either.........they are the trained professionals and they saw nothing dangerous about the kid.....
They called them in, showed them the crazy shit he was writing down about wanting to shoot other kids, and Mama said, "Are we done here?"

Off to prison she goes, we need to do this more often to gun fetishists who can't keep their dogs on the lawn.

They called them in, showed them the crazy shit he was writing down about wanting to shoot other kids, and Mama said, "Are we done here?"

Off to prison she goes, we need to do this more often to gun fetishists who can't keep their dogs on the lawn.

Yeah, the attack happened the same day.....they had no time to actually take steps to get their kid help.........and again, you thick clod.........the school did not feel threatened.......and did not call the police.....

I doubt anyone could have asked for a more favorable jury outside of NRA HQ
As a friend of mine says…. “I don’t want anyone on my jury who wasn’t smart enough to be able to get out of being on my jury.”

Having sat in one, I agree. Probably the stupidest 13 people I’ve ever been around, based on acerage IQ.

As a friend of mine says…. “I don’t want anyone on my jury who wasn’t smart enough to be able to get out of being on my jury.”

Having sat in one, I agree. Probably the stupidest 13 people I’ve ever been around, based on acerage IQ.
Why?
Because people like you avoid jury duty leaving it to them.
don't blame them, blame you.

Me?
I'd never avoid jury duty.
But I've told the judge and attorneys exactly what I think of them and the testalying they make part of the "justice" system.
I'd sit but I'm pretty sure no one would offer me a chair.

Why?
Because people like you avoid jury duty leaving it to them.
don't blame them, blame you
I sat on that jury. It took two full days to determine what should have never even gone to court. Both the prosecution and defense were sub-par, at best.

Then after sitting there to listen to those morons for five hours, we get to the jury room to end up spending NINE hours, over two days, to do what should have taken 15 minutes… find the defendant GUILTY of DUI (for the 7th time), and Not Guilty of Reckless Driving (2 separate incidents on the same day)

I sat on that jury. It took two full days to determine what should have never even gone to court. Both the prosecution and defense were sub-par, at best.

Then after sitting there to listen to those morons for five hours, we get to the jury room to end up spending NINE hours, over two days, to do what should have taken 15 minutes… find the defendant GUILTY of DUI (for the 7th time), and Not Guilty of Reckless Driving (2 separate incidents on the same day)
So fix the system
or
Bitch about the system

whatever works.

So fix the system
or
Bitch about the system
The fix would require undoing literally hundreds of years of precedent. It would include: No longer assuming the suspect is innocent, dismissing most of the constitutional protections as well as creating a professional jury pool.

Forum List

Back