Thought For The Day by John Jaeger, MBA

whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. - Philippians 4:8

This is the day the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it.

1686230547655.png

My Ignore List is full of barking dogs....

I ask not for a lighter load but for broader shoulders. - Jewish Proverb

If you like my Thought For The Day, you'll love my book.

Last edited:
"Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the northern parts of Virginia;" - -Excerpt from the Mayflower Compact (December 11, 1620)

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson

(Never more so in my lifetime than right now.)

"The NEA represents, and presumably reflects the mentality of, the people who are delivering -- inflicting? -- public education. That is as frightening, in its way, as any foreign threat." --George Will

“In 1950, we spent (in 1989 dollars) $1,333 per student. In 1989 we spent $4931. As John Silber, the President of Boston University, has written, ‘It is troubling that this nearly fourfold increase in real spending has brought no improvement. It is scandalous that it has not prevented substantial decline.’ ” – William J. Bennett, former Secretary of Education, in The De-Valuing of America

My daughter and her family live in Minnesota, "Land of 10,000 Lakes."
Knowing that Canada is so much larger and must have many more than 10,000 lakes, I looked it up.
You CANNOT IMAGINE the number. It is more than all of the lakes in the rest of the world combined.
8,780,000!

Brain Candy

You just never know what you're going to find on this here thread, eh?

"It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error." --Supreme Court Justice Robert H. Jackson (1892-1954)

"The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States
who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." ---Samuel Adams

Remember, happiness doesn't depend upon who you are or what you have,
it depends solely upon what you think. - Dale Carnegie

"Sin has many tools, but a lie is the handle which fits them all." – Oliver Wendell Holmes

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" - Mark 8:36

Bernie Madoff
Jeffrey Epstein
Phil Spector

Adolf Hitler
Joseph Stalin
Chairman Mao

Vladimir Putin

Gentlemen, court your wife every single day. Romance her publicly and privately, for a happy marriage and a happy life.
If this seems strange to you, start practicing every day. Practice makes perfect.

Ladies, I heard this on a radio talk show: "I'm a feminist. I've learned that if you treat your husband like a king, he will treat you like a queen."

"Out of the very stones [Arabs] will fabricate such a tower of falsehoods that you can only stand and gape in wonder and admiration at their fruitful invention." --Isabel Burton

those nations with the highest levels of depression and suicide over the last 50 years also happen to have been the most irreligious. (Soviet bloc, China, Japan, Scandanavia, UK, France, among others) Abortion rates, separation and family discord are all far more prominent in the irreligious west than anywhere else in the world.- 1627

The evidence suggest that atheism is thus:
A belief held for psychological reasons leading to an increased probability of psychosis, abusive behavior, depression and suicidal inclination.
If those are not the hallmarks of a delusion, I don’t know what is. – 1641 (Illogical Atheism, by Bo Jinn, former atheist)

Forum List

Back