So why ban ICE vehicle sales after 2035?
Because it has nothing to do with saving The Planet. There is no such thing as Global Warming, just like there is no reason to go to a cashless society. It has everything to do with controlling The Means of Production, Wealth Transference, Economic Justice and all the hundreds of names they give Old Fashioned Soviet Union style Communism and Nazi Germany Style Fascism.

This is how the DemNazi Party plays. They redefine and relabel everything. They think they can do Communism and Fascism better than The Communists and Fascists.

Freedom and Individual Rights are just an annoyance to the DemNazi Party standing in the way of their goals and agenda, so in their mind, they need to be dispensed with and with it, the idea of America and The American Dream dies so their dream of Equivalent Misery can live!

Useful Idiots is all they are.

Last edited:
Nice! Thought about going with 3.73 on this, but way too much torque with this 427 crate engine (Trickflow 210cc twisted wedge alum heads, Edelbrock Victor, Holley Sniper EFI/dist/coil, 600 rwhp). I went with 3.50s with an Eaton True Trac, and a Gear Vendors on her so I have OD and can split gears with a pedal and have 6 forward gears on the beast TCI C6 trans. And I'm with you on prying this from my cold dead hands.

View attachment 719488View attachment 719489View attachment 719490
Nice!
I thought about a gear vendors, but I needed a new tranny anyway, and there was no sense in paying for that and an OD.
I set everything up to easy-swap out the 403 and swap in the 455 I have sitting in the shop.
After about 1000 miles driving, I might have been better off with 3.55s (for a little more OD) but the 3.73s give me about 10%.

Idiot Democrats love to BAN things. They run amok half assed BANNING things, then un-ban them later after their stupid shit ban backfires and blows up in their faces.
The only thing they won't ban is anything that is morally reprehensible or has a corrupting influence on the fabric of America and The American Way of Life.

Honda says it will completely stop building ICE vehicles by 2040. Sell your Honda Stock because the company is being run by woke idiots.
EVs in an industrial economy are unsustainable.

Cars connected to The Cloud means that they can be turned off at will, and means that you will have to pay for features already built in to the car through subscription fees in addition to your car payment. No thanks.

Like I said, the EV movement is just a scam to extract more money out of unsuspecting do gooder rubes.

An EV Semi weighs over 8,000 lbs more than a standard Semi. It weighs that much because that is the only way they can get any kind of range out of the things by packing it with batteries and the motors are rather large because they need that kind of power to pull a load 200 miles before having to stop for a few hours to charge.

Proof here that LIBERALS LOVE TO LIE!

2022 Tesla Model S/Curb weight
4,561 to 4,766 lbs

You Lied. Why does a Tesla EV weigh a 1,000-1,200 More Pounds than a high performance ICE Corvette? It should be half the weight if it was going to have any kind of competitive range. I can drive 1,500 miles easily in 24 hours in a Corvette with two drivers safely. Your Tesla will take 3-4 days to make the same trip.

Liar.

Screw off. I didn't quote the weight of a Tesla Model S so screw off. You don't get to misquote me and claim I was wrong.

You were wrong.

The New World Order Cultist Biden Regime who is devoted to the Church of The Holy Melting Iceberg is not only trying to destroy the Automobile Manufacturing Industry, they are trying to destroy Motor Sports, Hot Rod Clubs and The Automobile Performance Industry.

Screw off. I didn't quote the weight of a Tesla Model S so screw off. You don't get to misquote me and claim I was wrong.

You were wrong.
You were dishonest like all liberals are dishonest.

You don't compare a Tesla 3 to a Corvette.

You compare a Tesla S to a Corvette.

You tried to pull one over on the readers of your dishonest tripe.

The Tesla S is 1,000 to 1,200 lbs heavier than a Corvette.

Have you taken a look at the prices of used and new vehicles in the United States, specifically Sports and Muscle cars? Holy Inflation Batman! This is not being driven by so called supply chain issues, but is being driven by panic buying due to illegal mandates coming out of the illegitimate Biden regime that essentially adopts The Communist State of California's Ban on The Internal Combustion Engine.

EVs in my opinion are costly toys. Not only are they inefficient when it comes to range, but the cost to the environment is higher than ICE vehicles, and toxic minerals have to be mined using open pit mining. Things like cobalt, lithium, lead, magnesium, silicone, copper, all pollute the environment. The cost to the Environment is far far higher than the standard process for manufacturing the internal combustion engine.

Also, why anyone would think we would use less energy to convert to EVs over ICE vehicles just amazes me. The equivalent energy usage for an EV in terms of gas mileage is 12-14 miles a gallon. That is the cost of charging the vehicle. Additional costs include battery replacement every 7-10 years at the cost from $10,000 to $30,000.

The cost to the electrical grid cannot even really be measured in dollars, but to shift our transportation system into EVs would force us to build 3,000 additional nuclear power plants, plus invest trillions of dollar into the electrical grid. That means more copper mined in strip mines, more minerals for insulators and other components, etc. etc.

Then there is the issue of EV Semis which are far heavier than ICE Semis. To convert our truck fleet to EV, we would have to increase the load capacities of every bridge and road by 6,000 lbs. This also will cost Trillions of dollars. The taxes to rebuild the electrical grid and re-engineer our roads and bridges will be astronomical, so much so, that every American will essentially become an indentured servant saddled with a massive tax burden which would only allow for subsistence living. Also, the range is a problem. Getting that Lawson OJ to market in 40 hours would take the same EV 7 days to accomplish.

In my opinion the push to EVs does not come from concern for The Environment. ICE vehicles are extremely efficient and now burn petro cleaner than ever and the technology continues to improve. Using a lean burn configuration for highway driving you can make a 6.2 L Corvette for instance to get 40 MPG without sacrificing horsepower and performance when you need it, but for some reason The Biden Administration banned car manufacturers in The US to use this configuration. This is allowed in Japan and other countries btw.

Why are we trying to abolish The American V8, the American Muscle Car, the American Sports car, and not only that are moving to ban all internal combustion engines if the tried and true ICE has become increasingly more efficient and clean?

The push for EVs, then in my, opinion comes from Greed from those people who have massive investments in things like EVs and all the associated industries that will have to get involved if we continue to be mandated to abandon a common sense approach to transportation.

You may think for now, that only your sexy sports car is a target, but that is just the beginning. Biden has adopted The California Model which in my opinion is nothing more than a religious Jihad against all combustion engines. You little gas sipper eventually will get the axe too, and all of us will be permanently tied to an electrical grid inadequate to meet the mandated need, and with that will come massive curtailments of our freedoms. Freedom to travel, freedom to pursue our hobbies and passions, freedom to choose what we want to drive and when and where.

Remember what these people have told you they want to do the last several years when you go to vote this November. Not only do they want to put coal miners out of business, and shut down power plants that use natural gas and coal, and make gasoline unreasonably expensive, but they want to put your car in the crusher too, and with that your freedoms if they can pull it off.

But.......but......I know from conversations with the rabid, drooling, anti-gun fanatics, that we register cars and yet no one wants to ban them...............

And as I have explained to them....

Not yet.....but they hate cars as much as they hate guns, and simply put cars farther down on the list of things they want to control, ban and confiscate.....

The New World Order Cultist Biden Regime who is devoted to the Church of The Holy Melting Iceberg is not only trying to destroy the Automobile Manufacturing Industry, they are trying to destroy Motor Sports, Hot Rod Clubs and The Automobile Performance Industry.

And meat.....they hate cows too.....so if you are on the carnivore diet, you better start voting to save your food source.....

But.......but......I know from conversations with the rabid, drooling, anti-gun fanatics, that we register cars and yet no one wants to ban them...............

And as I have explained to them....

Not yet.....but they hate cars as much as they hate guns, and simply put cars farther down on the list of things they want to control, ban and confiscate.....
If the wrong people like Biden and his Cultist Church of The Holy Melting Iceberg continue to get into office and gain enough power like The Nazis did in Nazi Germany, the scales will tip, and not only will they ban and confiscate guns, they will ban and confiscate ICE vehicles and destroy them.

Have you taken a look at the prices of used and new vehicles in the United States, specifically Sports and Muscle cars? Holy Inflation Batman! This is not being driven by so called supply chain issues, but is being driven by panic buying due to illegal mandates coming out of the illegitimate Biden regime that essentially adopts The Communist State of California's Ban on The Internal Combustion Engine.

EVs in my opinion are costly toys. Not only are they inefficient when it comes to range, but the cost to the environment is higher than ICE vehicles, and toxic minerals have to be mined using open pit mining. Things like cobalt, lithium, lead, magnesium, silicone, copper, all pollute the environment. The cost to the Environment is far far higher than the standard process for manufacturing the internal combustion engine.

Also, why anyone would think we would use less energy to convert to EVs over ICE vehicles just amazes me. The equivalent energy usage for an EV in terms of gas mileage is 12-14 miles a gallon. That is the cost of charging the vehicle. Additional costs include battery replacement every 7-10 years at the cost from $10,000 to $30,000.

The cost to the electrical grid cannot even really be measured in dollars, but to shift our transportation system into EVs would force us to build 3,000 additional nuclear power plants, plus invest trillions of dollar into the electrical grid. That means more copper mined in strip mines, more minerals for insulators and other components, etc. etc.

Then there is the issue of EV Semis which are far heavier than ICE Semis. To convert our truck fleet to EV, we would have to increase the load capacities of every bridge and road by 6,000 lbs. This also will cost Trillions of dollars. The taxes to rebuild the electrical grid and re-engineer our roads and bridges will be astronomical, so much so, that every American will essentially become an indentured servant saddled with a massive tax burden which would only allow for subsistence living. Also, the range is a problem. Getting that Lawson OJ to market in 40 hours would take the same EV 7 days to accomplish.

In my opinion the push to EVs does not come from concern for The Environment. ICE vehicles are extremely efficient and now burn petro cleaner than ever and the technology continues to improve. Using a lean burn configuration for highway driving you can make a 6.2 L Corvette for instance to get 40 MPG without sacrificing horsepower and performance when you need it, but for some reason The Biden Administration banned car manufacturers in The US to use this configuration. This is allowed in Japan and other countries btw.

Why are we trying to abolish The American V8, the American Muscle Car, the American Sports car, and not only that are moving to ban all internal combustion engines if the tried and true ICE has become increasingly more efficient and clean?

The push for EVs, then in my, opinion comes from Greed from those people who have massive investments in things like EVs and all the associated industries that will have to get involved if we continue to be mandated to abandon a common sense approach to transportation.

You may think for now, that only your sexy sports car is a target, but that is just the beginning. Biden has adopted The California Model which in my opinion is nothing more than a religious Jihad against all combustion engines. You little gas sipper eventually will get the axe too, and all of us will be permanently tied to an electrical grid inadequate to meet the mandated need, and with that will come massive curtailments of our freedoms. Freedom to travel, freedom to pursue our hobbies and passions, freedom to choose what we want to drive and when and where.

Remember what these people have told you they want to do the last several years when you go to vote this November. Not only do they want to put coal miners out of business, and shut down power plants that use natural gas and coal, and make gasoline unreasonably expensive, but they want to put your car in the crusher too, and with that your freedoms if they can pull it off.

Muscle Cars? Try ALL cars.

Biden has promised to end all fossil fuel use by 2030.

That is one man devlaring he will render your vehicles useless, turning tbrem into huge paperweights, and will FORCE you to either buy a $60-70k EV or go without.

Lets think this through ....ALL petroleum / fossil fuel-based produ will go away if we truly end all use of fossil fuels.

Tires, oil, rubber hoses, and a hundred other things in any vehicle, including EVs.

Toothbrushes...and the majority of the things in your home...with no alternative product to replace them.

This whe thing is the dimbest f*ing idea thrown together without any thought - just EMOTION.

Wasn't Potatohead racing some hot car with Jay Leno last week?

Hypocritical sonofabitch!

Muscle Cars? Try ALL cars.

Biden has promised to end all fossil fuel use by 2030.

That is one man devlaring he will render your vehicles useless, turning tbrem into huge paperweights, and will FORCE you to either buy a $60-70k EV or go without.

Lets think this through ....ALL petroleum / fossil fuel-based produ will go away if we truly end all use of fossil fuels.

Tires, oil, rubber hoses, and a hundred other things in any vehicle, including EVs.

Toothbrushes...and the majority of the things in your home...with no alternative product to replace them.

This whe thing is the dimbest f*ing idea thrown together without any thought - just EMOTION.
You can't have a computer without Hydrocarbon fuel. If liberals are serious about their green religion, they should stop breathing and stop posting.

Also, do not call it Fossil Fuel. That is an incorrect 100 year old theory.
Oil and Natural Gas is Abiotic and produced near The Earth's Mantle and forced upwards into fissures and permeable rock.
We will never run out of Hydrocarbons because Hydrogen & Carbon are virtually limitless in our Hydro Carbon based world.

Wasn't Potatohead racing some hot car with Jay Leno last week?

Hypocritical sonofabitch!
Silly Goose. Sports Cars, Hot Rods and Muscle Cars are only for The Elite. You on the other hand will have to ride a bike to work, walk or buy a $100,000 EV and share it with your neighbor.

LOL…
Electrics have far more torque and are way faster than traditional muscle cars.

LOL…
Electrics have far more torque and are way faster than traditional muscle cars.
They do have torque, very true. But they are impractical and should only be considered a voluntary alternative. You cannot drive an EV across the country. It will take you twice as long to do that with ICE.

They also have twice the negative impact on the environment due to the toxic chemicals and minerals needed to manufacture EVs.

Additionally we will NEVER be able to transition to EVs for everyone as there are not enough minerals, and raw materials to give everyone with a POV (privately owned vehicle) an EV to replace it with.

Global Warming, and EVs are a hoax. A believable hoax, but a very misguided hoax and represents an illegitimate attempt at gaining control over The Means of Production and has nothing to do at all with saving a planet that does not need saved.

My car gets 8MPG, has close to 400HP, 200R4 w/ 3.73s, and will pull all the way to redline.
Good luck getting me to get rid of her.
Just so can get “likes” at the grocery store that you just drove 35mph for 2 miles to get to?

Nothing wrong with a track car but that is not necessary for daily driving.

Forum List

Back