The Original Tree

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2016
OHIO
Have you taken a look at the prices of used and new vehicles in the United States, specifically Sports and Muscle cars? Holy Inflation Batman! This is not being driven by so called supply chain issues, but is being driven by panic buying due to illegal mandates coming out of the illegitimate Biden regime that essentially adopts The Communist State of California's Ban on The Internal Combustion Engine.

EVs in my opinion are costly toys. Not only are they inefficient when it comes to range, but the cost to the environment is higher than ICE vehicles, and toxic minerals have to be mined using open pit mining. Things like cobalt, lithium, lead, magnesium, silicone, copper, all pollute the environment. The cost to the Environment is far far higher than the standard process for manufacturing the internal combustion engine.

Also, why anyone would think we would use less energy to convert to EVs over ICE vehicles just amazes me. The equivalent energy usage for an EV in terms of gas mileage is 12-14 miles a gallon. That is the cost of charging the vehicle. Additional costs include battery replacement every 7-10 years at the cost from $10,000 to $30,000.

The cost to the electrical grid cannot even really be measured in dollars, but to shift our transportation system into EVs would force us to build 3,000 additional nuclear power plants, plus invest trillions of dollar into the electrical grid. That means more copper mined in strip mines, more minerals for insulators and other components, etc. etc.

Then there is the issue of EV Semis which are far heavier than ICE Semis. To convert our truck fleet to EV, we would have to increase the load capacities of every bridge and road by 6,000 lbs. This also will cost Trillions of dollars. The taxes to rebuild the electrical grid and re-engineer our roads and bridges will be astronomical, so much so, that every American will essentially become an indentured servant saddled with a massive tax burden which would only allow for subsistence living. Also, the range is a problem. Getting that Lawson OJ to market in 40 hours would take the same EV 7 days to accomplish.

In my opinion the push to EVs does not come from concern for The Environment. ICE vehicles are extremely efficient and now burn petro cleaner than ever and the technology continues to improve. Using a lean burn configuration for highway driving you can make a 6.2 L Corvette for instance to get 40 MPG without sacrificing horsepower and performance when you need it, but for some reason The Biden Administration banned car manufacturers in The US to use this configuration. This is allowed in Japan and other countries btw.

Why are we trying to abolish The American V8, the American Muscle Car, the American Sports car, and not only that are moving to ban all internal combustion engines if the tried and true ICE has become increasingly more efficient and clean?

The push for EVs, then in my, opinion comes from Greed from those people who have massive investments in things like EVs and all the associated industries that will have to get involved if we continue to be mandated to abandon a common sense approach to transportation.

You may think for now, that only your sexy sports car is a target, but that is just the beginning. Biden has adopted The California Model which in my opinion is nothing more than a religious Jihad against all combustion engines. You little gas sipper eventually will get the axe too, and all of us will be permanently tied to an electrical grid inadequate to meet the mandated need, and with that will come massive curtailments of our freedoms. Freedom to travel, freedom to pursue our hobbies and passions, freedom to choose what we want to drive and when and where.

Remember what these people have told you they want to do the last several years when you go to vote this November. Not only do they want to put coal miners out of business, and shut down power plants that use natural gas and coal, and make gasoline unreasonably expensive, but they want to put your car in the crusher too, and with that your freedoms if they can pull it off.

Last edited:
The goal of forcing everyone to drive the EV is not to provide everyone with a car, this would be impossible.

Instead, it is to reduce the number of people able to have a car, thus disempowering them further and causing them to be reliant on government transportation.

The goal is for the rich to only be able to afford a car.

The goal of forcing everyone to drive the EV is not to provide everyone with a car, this would be impossible.

Instead, it is to reduce the number of people able to have a car, thus disempowering them further and causing them to be reliant on government transportation.

The goal is for the rich to only be able to afford a car.
I have read articles and studies that show it is impossible due to the limited amount of minerals and raw materials available on Earth to produce EVs for everyone, so what would have to be done if we followed this model is mass transportation, and community vehicles that you would have to reserve for usage which essentially eliminates The Privately Owned Vehicle.

This reminds me of what was said by The World Economic Forum, that "You will own nothing and be happy!" That means you will be stuck at home because you cannot afford to have a car.

I have read articles and studies that show it is impossible due to the limited amount of minerals and raw materials available on Earth to produce EVs for everyone, so what would have to be done if we followed this model is mass transportation, and community vehicles that you would have to reserve for usage which essentially eliminates The Privately Owned Vehicle.

This reminds me of what was said by The World Economic Forum, that "You will own nothing and be happy!" That means you will be stuck at home because you cannot afford to have a car.
Correct.

It's like Obamacare. I was never meant to fix anything. They have other goals, and as we see, the same voices that sold us on Obamacare now want to fix Obamacare with even more government control.

When will people stop believing these liars?

Correct.

It's like Obamacare. I was never meant to fix anything. They have other goals, and as we see, the same voices that sold us on Obamacare now want to fix Obamacare with even more government control.

When will people stop believing these liars?
The Master Race, The DemNazi Race, will never quit lying until they have subjugated everyone to the New World Fascist Globalist Order.
If you don't belong to The Cult of The Church of The Holy Melting Iceberg you should consider joining now before it's too late.

My car gets 8MPG, has close to 400HP, 200R4 w/ 3.73s, and will pull all the way to redline.
Good luck getting me to get rid of her.
What kind is it? Sounds like a blast to drive. That car can have a special highway tune put in it that could get it around 30 to 40 mpg. This is illegal to do if the manufacturer does it. Other countries allow this, but not here in the US.

But why should we even have to bother with that? We literally have an unlimited supply of Petro. It is produced in the Earth's mantle.
Fossil Fuel theory is 100 years old and is completely wrong.

Oil is abiotic.

1979 T/A
She has an 800CFM carburetor, so... no.
That's sweet. Trans Ams are sometimes underated, especially the newer ones before The Government Killed Pontiac. The later models with the LS engines kick ass.

I personally like the 1972 Trans Am body style the most.

What kind of moron would want to outlaw this?

1667314778122.png

Or this?
1667314816277.png

What bothers me the most about these mandates and bureaucratic regulations from The EPA and other agencies is THE COMPLETE LACK OF REPRESENTATION of WE THE PEOPLE in this matter. They are completely circumventing the legislature and if you think about this hard enough seems like our Government especially since COVID is taking over The Means of Production.

Do we really have a free market any more?

Have you taken a look at the prices of used and new vehicles in the United States, specifically Sports and Muscle cars? Holy Inflation Batman! This is not being driven by so called supply chain issues, but is being driven by panic buying due to illegal mandates coming out of the illegitimate Biden regime that essentially adopts The Communist State of California's Ban on The Internal Combustion Engine.

EVs in my opinion are costly toys. Not only are they inefficient when it comes to range, but the cost to the environment is higher than ICE vehicles, and toxic minerals have to be mined using open pit mining. Things like cobalt, lithium, lead, magnesium, silicone, copper, all pollute the environment. The cost to the Environment is far far higher than the standard process for manufacturing the internal combustion engine.

Also, why anyone would think we would use less energy to convert to EVs over ICE vehicles just amazes me. The equivalent energy usage for an EV in terms of gas mileage is 12-14 miles a gallon. That is the cost of charging the vehicle. Additional costs include battery replacement every 7-10 years at the cost from $10,000 to $30,000.

The cost to the electrical grid cannot even really be measured in dollars, but to shift our transportation system into EVs would force us to build 3,000 additional nuclear power plants, plus invest trillions of dollar into the electrical grid. That means more copper mined in strip mines, more minerals for insulators and other components, etc. etc.

Then there is the issue of EV Semis which are far heavier than ICE Semis. To convert our truck fleet to EV, we would have to increase the load capacities of every bridge and road by 6,000 lbs. This also will cost Trillions of dollars. The taxes to rebuild the electrical grid and re-engineer our roads and bridges will be astronomical, so much so, that every American will essentially become an indentured servant saddled with a massive tax burden which would only allow for subsistence living. Also, the range is a problem. Getting that Lawson OJ to market in 40 hours would take the same EV 7 days to accomplish.

In my opinion the push to EVs does not come from concern for The Environment. ICE vehicles are extremely efficient and now burn petro cleaner than ever and the technology continues to improve. Using a lean burn configuration for highway driving you can make a 6.2 L Corvette for instance to get 40 MPG without sacrificing horsepower and performance when you need it, but for some reason The Biden Administration banned car manufacturers in The US to use this configuration. This is allowed in Japan and other countries btw.

Why are we trying to abolish The American V8, the American Muscle Car, the American Sports car, and not only that are moving to ban all internal combustion engines if the tried and true ICE has become increasingly more efficient and clean?

The push for EVs, then in my, opinion comes from Greed from those people who have massive investments in things like EVs and all the associated industries that will have to get involved if we continue to be mandated to abandon a common sense approach to transportation.

You may think for now, that only your sexy sports car is a target, but that is just the beginning. Biden has adopted The California Model which in my opinion is nothing more than a religious Jihad against all combustion engines. You little gas sipper eventually will get the axe too, and all of us will be permanently tied to an electrical grid inadequate to meet the mandated need, and with that will come massive curtailments of our freedoms. Freedom to travel, freedom to pursue our hobbies and passions, freedom to choose what we want to drive and when and where.

Remember what these people have told you they want to do the last several years when you go to vote this November. Not only do they want to put coal miners out of business, and shut down power plants that use natural gas and coal, and make gasoline unreasonably expensive, but they want to put your car in the crusher too, and with that your freedoms if they can pull it off.

This tops stupid, love the insanity

This tops stupid, love the insanity
Almost as insane as hiring a gay prostitute to your home, and then trying to stiff him when it came time to pay and getting hit in the head with the very hammer you paid to have shoved up your ass.

You seem like you would identify with Gay Paul Pelosi, so I thought I'd ask you how hard is it to stick a hammer handle up Uranus?

Forum List

Back