Did this dummy who said:"I guarantee We Are Going To Get Rid of Fossil Fuels” consider this when he "guaranteed" the following?

You might be partially right given todays power grid. Do you think there will never be any improvements to that grid?
We react to problems these days. The system is too big and we're too indebted to overhaul the entire grid.

If getting rid of fossil fuels means increasing our Energy Independence, an increase in our LNG exports, an increase in domestic production of crude oil, an increase in exports of refined petroleum products, as well as an increase in renewable energy then I'm thinking they will push the idea of no ICE vehicle down the road so to speak...... Voters in those states that follow Ca. could replace the reps who vote to ban ICE vehicle too.

Worst getting rid of fossil fuels ever!!!!

Where does all of that electricity come from?
ElectricCar copy.jpg

I'll consider buying an electric vehicle when they make one that is self-fueling via solar panels on the roof and hood. And it has to adequately compete with the current specs of ICE vehicles regarding power, reliability, affordability, and range.

Last edited:
Then move from those states. For example, I would never live in CA. Mostly cause I can't afford it. But I'm also not going to live in a state with that many mandates...for anything. That has nothing to do with the evolution of energy or the technologies that will one day make them more efficient and cheaper.

^^^Typical fascist. You support the oppression as long as you don't have to live under it.

It's funny how there's always one wingnut leftard that feels the need to humiliate themselves in these threads.

LOL. The people in most of Texas have already experienced this...and it has nothing to do with EV's. :auiqs.jpg:
It wasn't the grid that failed us in Texas. It was the governments lack of regulating the energy producers and not requiring them to winterize their plants. Of course the Gov. tried to blame the windmills and solar installations but it was the petrol fueled power plants that caused most of the shortages.

Of course there will be eventual improvements to the grid but its assinine of a president or government to try and impose mandates on auto manufacturers, trying to flip their industry on it's head. That would be true even if the power grid was ready for EVs and it isnt. Also alternative energy hasnt evolved EITHER so most of that grid will still be powered by oil or gas.
The answer is for the Government to stop using its heavy handed manipulation and fucking everything up. All these things were going to happen anyway as demanded by public need and likes. Politicians like Biden do this crap because they think it will help them win elections. End of story.
If it helps to win an election, that's proof that most people support the action, doesn't it?

^^^Typical fascist. You support the oppression as long as you don't have to live under it.
Again, with the whining and bitching. You idiots never cease to drool with glee when there's news of people moving from states you deem over regulated (like CA) to nice, safe red states. Now you grow a sense of empathy??? :auiqs.jpg:

Well ok, obviously power black outs are the real inconvenience and fear for vulnerable people who live in areas with extreme cold or heat. My mistake.. my bad.. I was wrong... about brown outs being a problem.

I'l wait now for you to likewise correct your errors in this thread.
Blackouts are less real than Global Warming. I dont see any problems right now. We havent had a major blackout outside of weather causes since summer of 2003.

We can hope that there will be.

Even without the added burden of electric vehicles, the grid is, in many parts of the country, proving inadequate to reliably meet the people's needs.

Forcing an increase in the use of EVs, while the grid is already so close to capacity, is just plain stupid. And that's without taking into account how immature the EV technology is at this point, such that for the majority of motorists, they are just not yet ready to be a viable alternative to real cars.

Instead of forcing EVs into a market that doesn't want them, government should be putting that effort into seeing that the power grid infrastructure is improved.

When EV technology is really ready to be a viable alternative to real cars, and when the infrastructure is able to support them, people will not need gratuitous government coercion to buy EVs. People will buy EVs, of their own, free, uncoerced will, when EVs are at least as practical for their needs as real cars are.
Every infrastructure improvement our country has had was supported by government involvement.

Neither is a <1 degree temperature change every 50 years.
I didnt start the thread. Someone else is worried about Brown Outs that are not occuring. Not me. I say let's get all the EVs we can! The more the merrier. There is no brown out or black out problem currently. And if there are, it will be someone else's problem.

It wasn't the grid that failed us in Texas. It was the governments lack of regulating the energy producers and not requiring them to winterize their plants. Of course the Gov. tried to blame the windmills and solar installations but it was the petrol fueled power plants that caused most of the shortages.
Is a partial truth a lie?

Energy Companies are considered a "Public Trust". They may, or may not, be privately owned but they are considered to be absolutely vital to the Public Well Being. So vital that they can't take a shit without the Utility Commission's (aka; The goobermint) permission.

If the 'grid' failed, it was the fault of the governing body. NOT because of lack of regulation but BECAUSE of it.

Government has become the number one problem facing the world.

Forum List

Back