Tent Cities Full Of Homeless People Are Booming In Cities All Over America As Poverty Spikes

If your company can't find drivers perhaps they don't offer good enough wages and benefits so people apply at better places. Smart workers are always on the move for better pay and loyalty to your employer has no place in business anymore. It used to but not anymore. A worker does whatever they have to do to get ahead. You owe your employer honest days work...after that to heck with em.

So go work for them.

Oh I've worked plenty of minimum wage jobs when I was younger. That's what inspired me to do better. If monkey jobs paid good wages and benefits back then, I might still be at my first job at the car wash.

I remember working for less than $100 a week and that was full time as a waitress after graduating high school. Really sucked, but I was living with parents so was able to save. I worked every summer, all summer, since I was 16. I even worked part time during the school year. Before getting 'real' jobs I babysat, mowed lawns and detassled corn. I was pretty good at saving money, too. Took a long time, but saved enough to go to college. After that, things got sooooo much better. Hell of a struggle though and then there were still loans. You have to be driven and really want it. Doing nothing and waiting for government to elevate you would be a bigger nightmare because you won't progress at all.

Of course, when it came time to seek better jobs, it helped that my resume showed job experience. Yea, just little crap jobs but it showed I could hold a job and my bosses gave me glowing recommendations because I was a good worker and dependable. Little things mean a lot. Minimum wage jobs are the starting line. I could never understand people who claimed to work at one of those jobs for 10 years at the same wage.

I have some classmates who did take some minimum wage jobs at local companies and some of them are still at the same places. Of course, they moved up and are living quite well. Many have taken a job in the mailroom and ended up in management. Depends on the person and those with education and a willingness to learn new skills are going to do better than those who think it's up to others to help them.

We keep throwing a ridiculous amount at schools across the country and yet some that don't get nearly the funding others do manage to do right by the students. Involved parents and students who attend with a good attitude and some respect for authority will likely go further.

Of course, some kids in my school dropped out and, to this day, are losers. Sorry, but they are. They had the same exact opportunity but didn't take it. That is true in any school and when you see schools with billions thrown at them and still show a low graduation rate, it's not a lack of money to blame. It's troublesome students and those from dysfunctional homes who are a nightmare for teachers because they aren't there to learn.

Last edited:
I remember working for less than $100 a week and that was full time as a waitress after graduating high school. Really sucked, but I was living with parents so was able to save. I worked every summer, all summer, since I was 16. I even worked part time during the school year. Before getting 'real' jobs I babysat, mowed lawns and detassled corn. I was pretty good at saving money, too. Took a long time, but saved enough to go to college. After that, things got sooooo much better. Hell of a struggle though and then there were still loans. You have to be driven and really want it. Doing nothing and waiting for government to elevate you would be a bigger nightmare because you won't progress at all.

Of course, when it came time to seek better jobs, it helped that my resume showed job experience. Yea, just little crap jobs but it showed I could hold a job and my bosses gave me glowing recommendations because I was a good worker and dependable. Little things mean a lot. Minimum wage jobs are the starting line. I could never understand people who claimed to work at one of those jobs for 10 years at the same wage.

I have some classmates who did take some minimum wage jobs at local companies and some of them are still at the same places. Of course, they moved up and are living quite well. Many have taken a job in the mailroom and ended up in management. Depends on the person and those with education and a willingness to learn new skills are going to do better than those who think it's up to others to help them.

We keep throwing a ridiculous amount at schools across the country and yet some that don't get nearly the funding others do manage to do right by the students. Involved parents and students who attend with a good attitude and some respect for authority will likely go further.

Of course, some kids in my school dropped out and, to this day, are losers. Sorry, but they are. They had the same exact opportunity but didn't take it. That is true in any school and when you see schools with billions thrown at them and still show a low graduation rate, it's not a lack of money to blame. It's troublesome students and those from dysfunctional homes who are a nightmare for teachers because they aren't there to learn.

Your comment does take me back a ways.

During the Reagan recession, there were simply no jobs around like this last one; not even McDonald's jobs.

I was out of work at the time and signed up with several temporary agencies. It was all minimum wage work, but work nonetheless.

When I got to a new job, I worked like I was getting paid $20.00 an hour. I had many great references to the agency and they sent me out on every new job they got. They even asked me if I was willing to work two shifts. Some of the companies they sent me to asked me to come back when the recession letup and apply for a job with their company.

When I finally got an opportunity for a full-time job a former coworker sent me to get, they did call my temporary agency and hired me on the spot. It pays to go to work and show you are wiling to work. After I worked for a few months, the manager told me what a great reference I got from the temp service. If I was willing to work hard for them, I would certainly work out for his company, and that's why he hired me.

Like you, I started work at a young age. My father was a bricklayer who did side jobs at nights and on weekends. At the age of 12, he paid me one dollar an hour to haul bricks to the job site, mix cement, clean tools, and setup the work area.

If your company can't find drivers perhaps they don't offer good enough wages and benefits so people apply at better places. Smart workers are always on the move for better pay and loyalty to your employer has no place in business anymore. It used to but not anymore. A worker does whatever they have to do to get ahead. You owe your employer honest days work...after that to heck with em.

Maybe you're reading too fast. I stated that all companies are having problems finding drivers. Too many young people smoking dope for one. Too many others on social programs getting fat and lazy in front of the big screen.

Perhaps young people don't want to drive trucks for a living. So they don't apply. The jobs are not filled. Not a big deal. If they don't smoke dope while on the job is it worse than drinking? I have my doubts.

Maybe you're reading too fast. I stated that all companies are having problems finding drivers. Too many young people smoking dope for one. Too many others on social programs getting fat and lazy in front of the big screen.
Pissing dirty is a huge problem and its enslavimg untold millions of young people on the democrat and libertarian party plantation.....

Perhaps young people don't want to drive trucks for a living. So they don't apply. The jobs are not filled. Not a big deal. If they don't smoke dope while on the job is it worse than drinking? I have my doubts.

Drug testing is a federal regulation. My employer could care less about anybody smoking pot, but he is required by law to have drug testing for our drivers. It doesn't matter whether you are smoking pot on the job or not, if you can't pass a drug screen, you can't work. Pot stays in your system for about three weeks depending on how much you smoke.

It seems like you are a younger person with your comment that perhaps people don't want to drive trucks. Well do you think I do? No, but I have to make a living to keep a roof over my head. I don't like working period, but I have way too much integrity and pride to let other people who do work support me.

And your comment is the exact reason why we should place limitations on social programs. If you don't want to work, then starve as far as I'm concerned. If you're going to sit back and wait for the perfect job, the perfect pay, the perfect hours, then you'll be living off of taxpayers your entire life, and I don't want to support such people.

Get out and go to work like I do every morning.

Pissing dirty is a huge problem and its enslavimg untold millions of young people on the democrat and libertarian party plantation.....

I don't see how it's a problem. When I entered this career, I quit smoking pot.

People have to get their priorities in order. Work or sit home and smoke pot is a no-brainer, that is unless you can get taxpayers to take care of all your necessities. If it came down to smoke pot or starve, you would see how fast people got off of dope.

Remind me of the last time you wanted to increase spending to save these poor folks. They're all just too lazy to work, right? Which party does want to promote helping these kids? You say fix the economy and it will all work out. For people in tents, it's a long way to go.
You dumb shit, we want more jobs. While you want more regulations on companies that create those jobs.

Last edited:
16%2B-%2B1

You are slow! The pay is too low. Driving trucks is twice as dangerous as being a cop! It's the 8th most dangerous job in America. It's a crappy job, boaring & keeps you far away from home & family. If they pay more, people will do that job.

You are slow! The pay is too low. Driving trucks is twice as dangerous as being a cop! It's the 8th most dangerous job in America. It's a crappy job, boaring & keeps you far away from home & family. If they pay more, people will do that job.

The pay depends on which direction you wish to go and how talented you are for the work. The pay is low at first because insurance on new drivers is very high. Once you gain experience and the insurance decreases in cost, you earn more money just like any other job.

There are lots of good paying local jobs available such as those who work for UPS, FedEx, ConWay, Ward, just to mention a few.

Yes, the job is dangerous. Is that any reason for nobody to do the job? Is that any reason for people to sit home on their Obama phone claiming there aren't enough jobs in America?

This is the problem with our social programs: the work isn't as good as government goodies. Sure, there is plenty of work, but not good enough for me to do the job. I'll just sit home and smoke pot.

Sure, the pay could increase. The problem is we have companies hiring foreigners to do the job because American's are too lazy (or scared) to do these jobs. Like what's happening in other professions, immigrants are suppressing American wages which is why we need to halt immigration legal and illegal.

There should be rent control in all cities in all states. If there is a set minimum wage for employees, the same should be done for housing.

San Fran is ridiculous. Same as here. 1 bedrooms 2k and up. STUDIOS are 1K and up. Unless you want to live in the ghetto, then its 600 bucks and up for a studio. Its asinine.

It's very hard for a landlord to provide housing for $600. Inspections, taxes. maintenance, building codes, mortgage, insurance, skipped rent payments, process service, court eviction, legal fees, sheriff service, cleaning, restoring damage & vacancy between renters eats up all the rent you manage to get.

Dealing with poor people is expensive. They can sue the landlord for anything & will get paid if they win. But, the landlord can't sue the tenant. Because when something goes wrong, you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, The landlord is always, always, always stuck paying the tab.

Last edited:
There should be rent control in all cities in all states. If there is a set minimum wage for employees, the same should be done for housing.

San Fran is ridiculous. Same as here. 1 bedrooms 2k and up. STUDIOS are 1K and up. Unless you want to live in the ghetto, then its 600 bucks and up for a studio. Its asinine.

It's very hard for a landlord to provide housing for $600. Inspections, taxes. maintenance, building codes, mortgage, insurance, skipped rent payments, process service, court eviction, legal fees, sheriff service, cleaning, restoring damage & vacancy between renters eats up all the rent you manage to get.

Dealing with poor people is expensive. They can sue the landlord for anything & will get paid if they win. But, the landlord can't sue the tenant. Because when something goes wrong, you can't squeeze blood out of a turnip, The landlord is always, always, always stuck paying the tab.
Thank a democrat for your dilemma.....did you vote Obama?

I guess that would depend on where you live. Over here, the courts pretty much side with the landlord, but again, I don't know how it is in other places. I have heard horror stories.

With a family I evicted a few years ago, the court gave them ten days to move out. They didn't, so the court gave them another ten days before they sent the bailiff over to throw them out. They moved on the last day.

The guy didn't make much money, but the court garnished his paycheck anyway. HIs girlfriend didn't work and he was supporting their two children. The court didn't care. Granted, it took him over a year to pay me what he owed, but at least I got it.

As you stated, most of the rent I collect goes to past and current bills. Property tax is the worst of them. I have good tenants and would love to change them $300.00 a month, but it's not possible without going broke myself.

Republicans are worse. Republicans are the ones who impose the building codes, Inspections, property taxes, insurance, interest, etc. The only benefit a Republican is for a Landlord is they cause massive inflation driving up property prices & rents

Republicans are worse. Republicans are the ones who impose the building codes, Inspections, property taxes, insurance, interest, etc. The only benefit a Republican is for a Landlord is they cause massive inflation driving up property prices & rents
So, you did vote Obama...twice?

So, you did vote Obama...twice?
No I didn't !

Republican Party Platform of 1968

Preamble, Purposes and Pledges:

By reducing interest rates through responsible fiscal and monetary policy we will lower the costs of home-ownership, and new technologies and programs will be developed to stimulate low-cost methods of housing rehabilitation. Local communities will be encouraged to adopt uniform, modern building codes.

Republicans started the DEA & forced insurance exploding healthcare cost.

Just like during the last economic crisis, homeless encampments are popping up all over the nation as poverty grows at a very alarming rate. According to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, more than half a million people are homeless in America right now, but that figure is increasing by the day. And it isn’t just adults that we are talking about. It has been reported that that the number of homeless children in this country has risen by 60 percent since the last recession, and Poverty USA says that a total of 1.6 million children slept either in a homeless shelter or in some other form of emergency housing at some point last year.

BARRY / HILLARY:
"We don't have time for this shit, these Americans - we have millions of violent illegals and refugees to bring in who are higher priorities right now! It's an election year, man!"

Tent Cities Full Of Homeless People Are Booming In Cities All Over America As Poverty Spikes | Zero Hedge

Haven't the RWnuts for the last couple years been bragging about how Republicans now dominate so many state and local governments?

Forum List

Back