Zone1 Modern American white women have unrealistic expectations of men and that's why we're having so many problems keeping our families together

The Rom-Com is destroying womens' ability to keep stable relationships with men because they build up unrealistic expectations.

The "right man" in these movies are tall, handsome, have good careers making lots of money, well dressed, gentlemanly, kind, careful of a woman's feelings, always willing to cook and change diapers and take care of a baby late at night, always put their woman's interests above his own, and understand that the woman is always right and admits he's wrong every time.

Do such men exist in real life?

Oh, I forgot, one more thing: the "right man" is great in bed.

I think marriages were more stable before the Rom-Com was invented.

Yeah. They have expectations that white Christian conservative men stop being the weak pussies that they are.

Says the pathological name-caller. :rolleyes:
No. Says the objective record, Unk. :itsok:

What matters to people at any given point in time is entirely subjective. Yours is an immature argument where what you make believe what matters to you is also coincidentally what actually matters, objectively. Maybe to this imaginary person their happiness is all that matters to them. So what? :dunno:

Spoken like a self-centered child.

The Rom-Com is destroying womens' ability to keep stable relationships with men because they build up unrealistic expectations.

The "right man" in these movies are tall, handsome, have good careers making lots of money, well dressed, gentlemanly, kind, careful of a woman's feelings, always willing to cook and change diapers and take care of a baby late at night, always put their woman's interests above his own, and understand that the woman is always right and admits he's wrong every time.

It seems that some people ascribe more power and influence to bad movies (and foolish commercials) than they should.

According to the name-caller ^^^^^.
I can do this all day.

What matters to people at any given point in time is entirely subjective. Yours is an immature argument where what you make believe what matters to you is also coincidentally what actually matters, objectively. Maybe to this imaginary person their happiness is all that matters to them. So what? :dunno:

With the sexual revolution the stigma of divorce, and other things, is gone and thus there is a 'legitimate' back door if things don't go as desired.

One of the most misguided expectations that some women have is that if they get pregnant the guy will marry them.

You can name-call all day? Clearly that is your intention. Too bad you can't discuss the thread topic. I wonder if you could link to any post of yours actually related to a thread topic NOT about racism.
I can post the factual evidence of me addressing your argument and your response being to call me names. Here it is again. And again. And again for as long as you want to pretend.

"One of the most misguided expectations that some women have is that if they get pregnant the guy will marry them."

This does work, but nearly as often as hoped.

By name-calling?
Are you referring to yourself? You’re the one who called me a name. As my post clearly shows, I was attacking your argument. Here it is again. And again. And again, for as long as you want to pretend.

Says the name-caller AGAIN.
Says reality. Here is me again, addressing your argument, while you respond by calling me names. Why do you insist on throwing this hypocritical tantrum? :dunno:

Too bad you can't discuss the thread topic. I wonder if you could link to any post of yours actually related to a thread topic NOT about racism. Can you?

Too bad you can't discuss the thread topic. I wonder if you could link to any post of yours actually related to a thread topic NOT about racism. Can you?
It's not too bad for me that your response to me addressing your argument was to call me names and then proceed to complain about name calling for next twenty posts. I find that hilarious. :lmao:
Do you see racism mentioned anywhere there Unk? Like this complaint about name calling it appears the offender who can't stop thinking about racism where it doesn't exist is you.

Forum List

Back