Matthew 24 34

TN keeps forgetting that the Jewish prophecy of the Messiah hasn’t been fulfilled yet because that won’t happen until the end of days.
No shit sherlock
It didnt happen and jesus is dead
Not according to the Christian faith, he’s not. He suffered death, descended into hell and defeated death.

We celebrate this every year. Maybe you have heard about it.

As if him not being human and not being the seed of David is not enough.

Who says he wasn't descended from the line of David?
The Gospels say that.

Mary's betrothal to Joseph was Jesus' inclusion in the house of David.

And that somehow means he wasn't?

"Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."

Matt. I. 1

Not my favorite translation, but it serves its purpose here.

And, Jewish tradition changed by that time, the mother has become the determinant of lines of descent, see Ezra and the post-exilic rules imposed on Jewish 'legitimacy', to exclude most of those Jews who weren't exiled from offices and priesthoods or had married allegedly non-Jewish wives. And, Joseph was of the Davidian line as well.
That "Jewish tradition" isnt in the talmud.
Joseph was a step dad. He doesnt matter in the least.

TN keeps forgetting that the Jewish prophecy of the Messiah hasn’t been fulfilled yet because that won’t happen until the end of days.

They keep relying on isolated cites of verses instead of reading the entire texts, never mind 'verses' were themselves a later invention for convenience of study and reference, not the original formats. They are also ignorant of the fact that there are at least four distinct 'voices' commenting, many times on the same topics, and so on. Isolated quotes mean nothing; they have no context, and imply single meanings.
Holy fuking shit.
Awareness, meet picaro.

You're welcome to your free schooling. Don't waste it in bar rooms.

No shit sherlock
Not according to the Christian faith, he’s not. He suffered death, descended into hell and defeated death.

Jesus is dead. My ancestors killed him.

No shit sherlock
But you seem to keep forgetting that it hasn’t happened yet because it’s not time yet.

So your argument is premature.

The Gospels say that.

"Matthew 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham."

Matt. I. 1

And, Jewish tradition changed by that time, the mother has become the determinant of lines of descent, see Ezra and the post-exilic rules imposed on Jewish 'legitimacy', to exclude most of those Jews who weren't exiled from offices and priesthoods or had married allegedly non-Jewish wives. And, Joseph was of the Davidian line as well.

I'm not using the Talmud as a source, I'm using the OT and associated texts.

No shit sherlock

You are no more Jewish than I am, TN. Probably less.

Christ has risen. We celebrate that every Easter.

No shit sherlock

Every person who has ever lived or will ever live is the author of Christ suffering death.

So in that regard, you and I are responsible.

The Gospels say that.

Matt. I. 1

Cool. Then read numbers chapter 1. Ezra chapter 2 as well.

I love the fact the TN reads the Bible even if he’s motivated to do so by his hatred of religion.

here is something else to consider.
The human messiah was to complete many prophecies. Jesus didnt.
Christian's claim he will come back a second time. Where is that in the prophecies? How do humans come back to life thousands of years later?

Do you think that because some Jews thought Cyrus was the Messiah means he was?
He obviously wasnt the messiah either.
You can ask stupid questions if you want. This comes out of the bible. I'm not twisting it like you.

So, you do think Cyrus was the Messiah?

The Gospels say that.

Matt. I. 1

Cool. Then read numbers chapter 1. Ezra chapter 2 as well.

I've read the whole thing. I've also said I don't entirely believe the post-exilic books are as relevant to Judaism as the earlier ones. Joseph was the father under Jewish laws of the day; they went by genealogies, no matter how much you wish they didn't. He wouldn't have been allowed into the Temple if he had the 'wrong' family backgrounds.

Last edited:
Maternal ancestry in Luke. A more straightforward and the most common explanation is that Luke's genealogy is of Mary, with Eli being her father, while Matthew's describes the genealogy of Joseph.

Genealogy of Jesus - Wikipedia

I love the fact the TN reads the Bible even if he’s motivated to do so by his hatred of religion.
I dont hate religion.
For instance, I find hinduism and buddhism appealing.

here is something else to consider.
The human messiah was to complete many prophecies. Jesus didnt.
Christian's claim he will come back a second time. Where is that in the prophecies? How do humans come back to life thousands of years later?

Do you think that because some Jews thought Cyrus was the Messiah means he was?
He obviously wasnt the messiah either.
You can ask stupid questions if you want. This comes out of the bible. I'm not twisting it like you.

So, you do think Cyrus was the Messiah?
No

I dont hate religion.
For instance, I find hinduism and buddhism appealing.
Oh, so you just hate Christianity. My bad.
As usual, you are wrong.
I dont hate christianity. I just dont believe in the abrahamic religions.
I’m sure you actually believe that, TN. I don’t.

Forum List

Back