It Makes NO DIFFERENCE what the U.S. does to reduce its Greenhouse Gas Emissions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh

I've been saying this for years, but here is the data to support it. Much worse than even I imagined.

"Among non-Western nations, China’s carbon dioxide emissions tripled, and its share of global emissions rose from 12 percent in 1992 to 31 percent in 2020. The math is inescapable: what America and the West do is of diminishing relevance to global emissions and therefore to future global temperatures."

We in the West are trying to empty out the swimming pool with teacups, while the Chinese are standing there on the other side of the pool with a firehose, filling it back up.

Seriously, take a few minutes and read the article. It is an eye-opener.

I've been saying this for years, but here is the data to support it. Much worse than even I imagined.

"Among non-Western nations, China’s carbon dioxide emissions tripled, and its share of global emissions rose from 12 percent in 1992 to 31 percent in 2020. The math is inescapable: what America and the West do is of diminishing relevance to global emissions and therefore to future global temperatures."

We in the West are trying to empty out the swimming pool with teacups, while the Chinese are standing there on the other side of the pool with a firehose, filling it back up.

First, I wouldn't believe anything I read in the Spectator.

Secondly, when you say that China's share of global emissions "rose", you use a percentage. So if western countries dropped their emissions output considerably and China not so much, China's percentage would rise, would it not.

When you learn the size and scope of the sun...you learn that man couldn't possibly have any affect on the climate.

If you took all the fossil fuels that all of mankind burns over a year...the sun gives the earth more heat and energy than that in one hour!

When you learn the size and scope of the sun...you learn that man couldn't possibly have any affect on the climate.

If you took all the fossil fuels that all of mankind burns over a year...the sun gives the earth more heat and energy than that in one hour!
The people behind the climate cult know this so they are injecting huge amounts of poisonous chemicals into the upper atmosphere to geo engineer an actual environmental crises.
With complete UN backing & under color of law, of course.
These evil people will do anything to collapse the world for the reset, including destroying the biosphere

Secondly, when you say that China's share of global emissions "rose", you use a percentage. So if western countries dropped their emissions output considerably and China not so much, China's percentage would rise, would it not.

China’s carbon dioxide emissions tripled, and its share of global emissions rose from 12 percent in 1992 to 31 percent in 2020.

It makes no difference to you, because you're old and you'll croak before the worst effects of climate change are felt.

The purpose of Climate Change policies has nothing to do with the climate.

Its about reining in the Middle Class- aka the Semi-Fascist Basket of Deplorables- and getting them packed into the failed liberal cities, listening to the marching orders of the Union Bosses, where they will be more easily controlled.

Apocalyptic warnings of doom are designed to get low information people to actually DEMAND to be subjugated.

China’s carbon dioxide emissions tripled,

ESL?

nope, their share increased... it's not the same thing.

Here, let me help you out. 10 of us start with 10 marbles, so we all have 10% of the available marbles.

Then 9 of us lose 8 marbles, but one of us keeps his original 10 marbles. The one who kept his 10 marbles now has 30% of the marbles. Their number of marbles didn't change, but their percentage did.

nope, their share increased... it's not the same thing.

Here, let me help you out. 10 of us start with 10 marbles, so we all have 10% of the available marbles.

Then 9 of us lose 8 marbles, but one of us keeps his original 10 marbles. The one who kept his 10 marbles now has 30% of the marbles. Their number of marbles didn't change, but their percentage did.

nope, their share increased..

Yeah, when your output triples (actually quintuples), your share also increases.

Here, let me help you out.

Me first.

1663523452815.png

Then 9 of us lose 8 marbles, but one of us keeps his original 10 marbles.

I'm sorry you lost most of your marbles, but China went from 2,173,360 kilotons of CO2 in 1990 to 10,707,220 kilotons of CO2 in 2019.

That's a lot of planet killing marbles they're releasing.

Anyone even THINKING that China's greenhouse gas emissions are not increasing dramatically is out of touch with reality.

This is not a criticism of China. Their rural areas NEED fossil fuels to achieve modernity, as do their counterparts in India and Africa.

My point is only that the measures we might take (lowering our thermostats, etc) are a JOKE compared with the global picture.

Anyone even THINKING that China's greenhouse gas emissions are not increasing dramatically is out of touch with reality.

This is not a criticism of China. Their rural areas NEED fossil fuels to achieve modernity, as do their counterparts in India and Africa.

My point is only that the measures we might take (lowering our thermostats, etc) are a JOKE compared with the global picture.
Your brand of thinking is a race to the bottom. We need to lead on this, and we should lead on this, as we have been the worlds largest polluter and contributor of greenhouse gases for decades. We have that obligation, and we also have the technical ability to do so. Naysayers like yourself cannot be convinced otherwise, but the world will still be moving towards cleaner energy sources, and someone is going to lead the way.

With President Biden, we are now leading the way.

Your brand of thinking is a race to the bottom. We need to lead on this, and we should lead on this, as we have been the worlds largest polluter and contributor of greenhouse gases for decades. We have that obligation, and we also have the technical ability to do so. Naysayers like yourself cannot be convinced otherwise, but the world will still be moving towards cleaner energy sources, and someone is going to lead the way.

With President Biden, we are now leading the way.

Your brand of thinking is a race to the bottom. We need to lead on this, and we should lead on this,

Exactly! We need to waste...err...invest trillions in cutting our CO2 so China and India can increase their CO2 even more.

We have that obligation, and we also have the technical ability to do so.

Obligation. Yes!!!

Will $30 trillion be enough? $40 trillion? Okay, $50 trillion, but only because I feel really guilty.

I'm sorry you lost most of your marbles, but China went from 2,173,360 kilotons of CO2 in 1990 to 10,707,220 kilotons of CO2 in 2019.

That's a lot of planet killing marbles they're releasing.

Except the US isn't much better until recently, we went from five million to six million. And the Average American produces more CO2 than the average Chinese.

1663581421958.png

Except the US isn't much better until recently, we went from five million to six million. And the Average American produces more CO2 than the average Chinese.

View attachment 698367

Except the US isn't much better

We're a lot better. We barely broke 6 million.

we went from five million to six million.

And now we're back below 5 million.

And the Average American produces more CO2 than the average Chinese.

We're an advanced economy.

Now, back to your claim that China's percentages but not totals increased.

That was some funny shit. Do you feel you were wrong?

Read closely: The COSTS of the campaign (in the U.S. and Europe) to "save the planet" are immediate, definite, and severe: higher energy costs, general inflation, shortages, blackouts, brownouts. And they hit the WORKING CLASS more than anyone else. I am a rich retired fukker, and today's inflation is nothing more than an irritation to me, but for a young couple with kids, working two remote jobs, it can be devastating.

But the BENEFITS of the campaign to save the planet are a hundred years out, very slight, and very speculative - based on computer models that have invariably been wrong until now. What is the hope, exactly? Lower global temperatures by one degree Celsius a hundred years from how? Ridiculous.

And the people who are PUSHING the campaign to save the planet are the very same people who claim to "feel for" the Working Class.

Do you get it now? It has nothing to do with saving the planet, and everything to do with increasing Leftist influence and power.

CO2, without CO2 we all die.

The solution, to use heavy industry to make wind turbines and solar panels 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, forever creates more CO2.

Stupity is the Democrat party and all the independents and republicans that belueve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back