Climate Change: Part 1

Samofvt

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2021
I would have liked to start off by reviewing the "Scientific Method". Our leaders desperately need to be educated about science before they make any more fool-hardy decisions. Instead, I went for a climate history review, with a dramatic conclusion. Perhaps later in the series, I will return to the Scientific Method.

Anyway, I find the following in history. Comments are welcome:

interesting. only about 10% of viewers click on the story linked in the post.

I would have liked to start off by reviewing the "Scientific Method".

Spare us your junior high school version of the scientific method. Unless you've spent years in the lab you probably don't understand it as well as you THINK you do.

Our leaders desperately need to be educated about science

Most people who think they are going to explain the "scientific method" on a forum are the ones who need science education. Sorry.

Perhaps later in the series, I will return to the Scientific Method.

God, please spare us.

Might I recommend some ACTUAL SCIENCE for the OP? Instead of finding your fave blogger...READ SOME REAL SCIENCE.

If you want to tell us all about the scientific method: start by showing us you know how to read real science.

Might I recommend some ACTUAL SCIENCE for the OP? Instead of finding your fave blogger...READ SOME REAL SCIENCE.

If you want to tell us all about the scientific method: start by showing us you know how to read real science.
How much of the 1.66 W/m2 radiative forcing is from CO2 and how much is from feedback from CO2? You know... increased water vapor due to increased CO2? How much does science say is the GHG effect from CO2 and how much does science say is feedback from the GHG effect from increased atmospheric CO2?

The gravest mistake in science is to throw out evidence just because it doesn't agree with your original hypothesis. People who practice bad science will look for political or personal reasons to disregard observations.

By your remarks, you've done an excellent job of highlighting the point of my comments: you need to understand the scientific method before you look at observations. If you wanted to attack the content of the article I linked to, or attack the method of observation, that would be fine. You could even link to other editorials containing contradictory findings. We could then have an intelligent discussion about the merits of each observation.

Instead, you're using some sort of non-sensical bias to attack me for linking to the article, and also using some sort bias to discredit the source of the article. Just saying "I don't like it" or redirecting to another topic is not productive whatsoever. The topic is "Climate Change".

And 83.75% of all statistics quoted on The Internet are pulled out of someone's rectum.
JGalt & fncceo

Actually, this percentage was found by looking at the number of views of this post reported by usmessageboard, and then looking at the server log of the server where that link is hosted. As of now, this post has been viewed 88 times according to the stat counter, and the server log shows that 7 unique IP's (that aren't robots or myself) have accessed the link directly. So this means only 7/88 = 8% of viewers of this post clicked through to look at the editorial I linked to.

I'm a professional scientist, skippy. Trust me when I tell you most of you lot have a junior high level view of the scientific method.

Nah, I'm just tired of scientific illiterates thinking that sitting in a junior high science class makes them a scientist.

I don't care about you. I certainly don't respect you and I'm 100% certain you don't understand even a fraction of this science. So you go with "scientific method" as if you know what you are talking about.

Buzz off.

So your only intention in posting to this thread about Climate Change was to impress everyone with your haughty, Narcissistic , attitude?

If that's the case, well done! :clap2:

I'm a professional scientist, skippy. Trust me when I tell you most of you lot have a junior high level view of the scientific method.
If true, than anybody, even the bottom of the class can be a scientist.

And there you are again with arrogance, and ignorance.

All you do is troll, challenging everyone's education, as if somehow you can disqualify their view based on education. I dont see anything you post above the level of, Troll.

Post your diploma and patents, and links to where you work as a, "professional scientist". Just as you have demanded of others, you must demand of yourself.

I would bet money you are just a teenage kid sitting at home, pecking on the keyboard and picking your nose.

Last edited:
Well, YOU claim to be a scientist and yet you show ZERO ability in the field.
I guess I have strung you along long enough, now it is time to hit you right between the eyes, to show everybody who reads this, how stupid your are.

Quote where I stated, "I am a scientist"

If you get this wrong, it is obvious your position on anything is wrong.

Well, all you seem to have is ignorance.
I just said that about you, now you copy what I say, monkey see monkey do?

I've provided more actual science on here than you have, skippy.
citation, link, citation, link
Suck my dick.
Just because you self identify as a man, does not mean you have a dick, sorry.

Don't masturbate TOO furiously to that image. I know you are.
Your imagination should be kept to yourself

How about showing us the scientific experiments to prove humans can manipulate global climate?

How about showing us the scientific experiments to prove humans can manipulate global climate?

Hey! Tell us in 14 words that you haven't had any science class since junior high?

Earth science is complex and often quite hard to reproduce in the lab. Hopefully you don't think we make actual real volcanoes and continental plates in the lab.

As such it is often necessary to measure the stuff going on in the real world instead.

And, since you are COMPLETELY unfamiliar with ANY of the science I will point you to a handy resource that tells you EXACTLY HOW THEY MEASURED IT AND HOW THEY DID IT.

It's here.

Hey! Tell us in 14 words that you haven't had any science class since junior high?

Earth science is complex and often quite hard to reproduce in the lab. Hopefully you don't think we make actual real volcanoes and continental plates in the lab.

As such it is often necessary to measure the stuff going on in the real world instead.

And, since you are COMPLETELY unfamiliar with ANY of the science I will point you to a handy resource that tells you EXACTLY HOW THEY MEASURED IT AND HOW THEY DID IT.

It's here.
So, you provide a link from a place that gets paid for studying climate change. So what? The climate changes…..thanks captain obvious!

Forum List

Back