Stanford scientists find the climate and health impacts of natural gas stoves are greater than previously thought

Hotter usually increases pressure and diverts ocean lows carrying moisture.
Cities do that.
The SE of the whole country has been getting drier with global warming.
There are huge swaths of South America that is desert due to high temperatures.
  1. Patagonian Desert. The Patagonian Desert is Argentina’s largest desert and the world’s fourth most extensive desert. ...
  2. Atacama Desert. The Atacama Desert is one of the most notable deserts in South America occupying parts of Peru and Chile.
  3. Sechura Desert. ...
  4. Monte Desert. ...
  5. La Guajira Desert. ...
Deserts have high temperatures? WHodah THunk It?

The heat control sucks, gas stoves are better than electric, but electric ovens are better than gas.

Why do progs feel the need to ban things like this, and why do idiots like you support it?
You're thinking old fashioned electric. Induction is better than electric. In many ways better than gas. Faster heat time. Safer. Easily controlled.

Sorry for banning things that are bad for everyone. I guess we should ignore public health, right?

You're thinking old fashioned electric. Induction is better than electric. In many ways better than gas. Faster heat time. Safer. Easily controlled.

Sorry for banning things that are bad for everyone. I guess we should ignore public health, right?

Gas isn't "bad for everyone". It's a superior product for range top cooking.

Why should I have to lower my standard of living for your beliefs?

No, it isn't, and you don't need special pans for it.

Heat control is far superior on a gas range.
Sure it is. How many houses exploded because of an induction cooktop?

Heat control is excellent in induction. Probably better, but at least non-inferior. Electric is bad, but induction is an entirely different beast.

Heat control is excellent in induction. Probably better, but at least non-inferior. Electric is bad, but induction is an entirely different beast.

How many houses burned down due to a shorted wire in a gas range-top?

Induction requires special pans, and I found it to be annoying to figure out the heat level. With a flame, you got instant visible feedback.

The real issue is why annoying busybodies feel the need to force me to use something I don't want to use.

How many houses burned down due to a shorted wire in a gas range-top?

Induction requires special pans, and I found it to be annoying to figure out the heat level. With a flame, you got instant visible feedback.

The real issue is why annoying busybodies feel the need to force me to use something I don't want to use.
Ah yes, you have to be new fangled space age materials like...

...iron.

Sorry you can't look at a knob instead of fire.

Ah yes, you have to be new fangled space age materials like...

...iron.

Sorry you can't look at a knob instead of fire.

some cooking prefers copper, like a good omlette.

Again, what is the harm in letting me have my gas stove?

Answer provided in the first post of the thread.

Or even the title of the thread FFS.

Yep, some bullshit study means somehow I have to lower my standard of living, while the elites continue to use their gas range tops and fly to their "I'm so special" meetings.

Yep, some bullshit study means somehow I have to lower my standard of living, while the elites continue to use their gas range tops and fly to their "I'm so special" meetings.
Cool. Thanks for the well thought out takedown of Stanford scientists.

It’s “bullshit”.

Brilliant. Good that you didn’t spend too much brain power on it. You’d hate to use up such a precious resource.

Cool. Thanks for the well thought out takedown of Stanford scientists.

It’s “bullshit”.

Brilliant. Good that you didn’t spend too much brain power on it. You’d hate to use up such a precious resource.

It's a social study pretending to be a scientific one.

Sure. Because when I think of social sciences, I think of PhDs taking atmospheric measurements.

Science being perverted for social causes.

Don't use a gas stove, use a gas container that doesn't work, no ICE vehicles, bring your own bags to shop, lose parking spaces for bioswales, lose roadway for bike lanes no one uses.

All progressive bullshit that makes my life harder.

Natural gas stoves do not create more methane that you breath in your home. Old shut off valves that leak in your home create more methane that you breath till you blow the place up. If you experience light headedness / headaches call the power Co. Your loved one's may all show symptoms of illness at the same time, Have them come out and sniff out a NG leak and install shut off stainless valves immediately if so. Anything else is crap leakers. A CO Detector may sound off also to high levels of CO2 because of a bad NG leakage from a pipe or valve or a Water Heater ETC. Homes are leveled by NG explosions !
Rule #1: ... evacuate until you know ! ...

Last edited:
Answer provided in the first post of the thread.

Or even the title of the thread FFS.
The answer is none. AGW is a con. All through this thread you've been blubbering how the contribution from gas stoves is miniscule compared to cars, but here you are claiming that AGW is the reason we have to ban them.

When is the last time you heard of a house exploding?

Quote; (When is the last time you heard of a house exploding?)

They blow up from hot water propane or Natural gas explosions all the time, usually only a basement is left when they do.

Quote; (When is the last time you heard of a house exploding?)

They blow up from hot water propane or Natural gas explosions all the time, usually only a basement is left when they do.
"All the time" means like once a year.

Forum List

Back