Interesting book I have read recently about doing God's will... not whining... etc

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
I can't recall the name of this small book but it was about accepting God's will and not whining and losing your faith over every little thing that comes down the pike, every plan of yours that goes south on you.

It says that whatever happens to you is from God... hard to believe. THe author knows that's hard to believe/accept because of all the evil that can and does happen to us and eveyrone else...

explains that the evil done in the world is not from God but God (obviously) allows it because He wants such and such to happen to you for His own purposes...

okay... I can u/stand that, have had such a thought myself, just was not sure whether it was just my own thought or what the heck...

anyway... more later.. I'm kind of tired just from contemplating all this stuff...

I haven't figured this out yet, and I'm afraid there's no official Church teaching on it either.

Does God cause bad things to happen to us or does he let them happen?

A priest would probably say, "Don't forget about the good things that have happened to you while you're blaming God for the bad things."

I haven't figured this out yet, and I'm afraid there's no official Church teaching on it either.

A priest would probably say, "Don't forget about the good things that have happened to you while you're blaming God for the bad things."
lol

well, that last would be good advice, but it is hard to do when you are in the middle of.. some evil event or another..

The book title was something about surrendering to God's will.. and that means accepting all that happens to you. It doesn't do much good not to accept, right?

I see it more as God being aware of the bad that happens to us, ready to be a part of good coming from the bad.
true... the author of that book doesn't put it like that but maybe he means to say that in different words? He basically says that we should just accept things... which some of us have a hard time with, but again, doesn't do much good not to accept so...

I have noticed that if i just hold tight through some bad or even egregious thing I'm going through... I understand it later... why it kind of had to happen... The author would probably not use that "kind of" term but anyhow...

I have noticed that if i just hold tight through some bad or even egregious thing I'm going through... I understand it later... why it kind of had to happen... The author would probably not use that "kind of" term but anyhow...
At one time I had an issue I truly needed God's assist. I wasn't asking for a miracle, simply guidance about something I wish to improve--and something I knew God would approve. I prayed and prayed and prayed and was ever on the look-out for guidance. Nothing. I prayed and prayed and prayed...for over four years. Then one day, everything fell into place. It was then, in hindsight, I saw all the events that had come my way to teach me what it was I needed to know in order to achieve the improvement I was after.

Over four years of constant prayer. When God takes a hand in something, there are no half-measures. He takes His time, but the guidance and instruction come into one's life. He is also a master at, when doing good, not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing.

Also, it was eight years of seeking before God showed me His presence.

God is not a genii, who with the blink of an eye, or a clap of hands instantly brings something to fruition. His creation is more awesome than that.

At one time I had an issue I truly needed God's assist. I wasn't asking for a miracle, simply guidance about something I wish to improve--and something I knew God would approve. I prayed and prayed and prayed and was ever on the look-out for guidance. Nothing. I prayed and prayed and prayed...for over four years. Then one day, everything fell into place. It was then, in hindsight, I saw all the events that had come my way to teach me what it was I needed to know in order to achieve the improvement I was after.

Over four years of constant prayer. When God takes a hand in something, there are no half-measures. He takes His time, but the guidance and instruction come into one's life. He is also a master at, when doing good, not letting the left hand know what the right hand is doing.

Also, it was eight years of seeking before God showed me His presence.

God is not a genii, who with the blink of an eye, or a clap of hands instantly brings something to fruition. His creation is more awesome than that.
thanks for this... it was moving..

and I could say the same thing, except that you probably had more patience than i did... I have gotten very angry @ God many times throughout the years of... well, I had a big conversion experience, not my first.. but anyhow... and then things in my circumstances started really going south so I got angry... and didn't stay angry but then something else would happen and... so it was like a once a month thing... being really ticked @ Him.. but now... well, I don't even know what to say, really...

But here's something I thought of.. I've been celibate for a long time and when I first re-converted or whatever u call it.. i didn't intend to stay celibate, thought I would meet some great Catholic and get married some day but... I started liking this person or that and every time, I was shown that that person didn't believe the same way i did, though in the same Church... so.. my heart got broken and etc... but in hindsight God was right to separate me from these less than ideal people...

there was this one "odd" thing in the book. The authors (a priest and some other person) said that instead of whining (my word) about your calamities, you should be thanking God for them...

LOL

right...

I can see Accepting them... but thanking God for them?

I have a long way to go re that... o_O

well, I am getting adjusted to the ideas in that book... let me see if I recall the title

I think it was

Trustful Surrender to the Will of God...

I can't recall the name of this small book but it was about accepting God's will and not whining and losing your faith over every little thing that comes down the pike, every plan of yours that goes south on you.

It says that whatever happens to you is from God... hard to believe. THe author knows that's hard to believe/accept because of all the evil that can and does happen to us and eveyrone else...

explains that the evil done in the world is not from God but God (obviously) allows it because He wants such and such to happen to you for His own purposes...

okay... I can u/stand that, have had such a thought myself, just was not sure whether it was just my own thought or what the heck...

anyway... more later.. I'm kind of tired just from contemplating all this stuff...
Lots of error in this book then. God doesn't want bad things to happen to us. It's just part of a world that he established for us to learn how to choose instead of evil. He will help us through the tough times as well. But, he doesn't inflict bad things on us. And, bad things for us to go through isn't for God's purpose. It's for our purpose to learn faith in God. God doesn't usually interfere with our choices and that is what free moral agency is.

Lots of error in this book then. God doesn't want bad things to happen to us. It's just part of a world that he established for us to learn how to choose instead of evil. He will help us through the tough times as well. But, he doesn't inflict bad things on us. And, bad things for us to go through isn't for God's purpose. It's for our purpose to learn faith in God. God doesn't usually interfere with our choices and that is what free moral agency is.
I'm going to believe the ones who wrote that book... NOT that the author of the book was saying that God wanted evil to happen to people. He said just the opposite. But you know all things...

I don't believe people who are in cults...

I know... I'm just weird that way...

I'm going to believe the ones who wrote that book... NOT that the author of the book was saying that God wanted evil to happen to people. He said just the opposite. But you know all things...

I don't believe people who are in cults...

I know... I'm just weird that way...
If you don't believe people in cults then leave the RCC. The book you referenced said God wanted evil things to happen to people. So, I guess you want to follow him. I don't believe that so have at it.

If you don't believe people in cults then leave the RCC. The book you referenced said God wanted evil things to happen to people. So, I guess you want to follow him. I don't believe that so have at it.
another lying poster

outa here

dont worry about what man says- read your bible.

heat? what heat?

in the end there will be much heat for many... as Jesus said FEW make it to Heaven

Mt 7
Lk 1324
No, few make it to the highest degree in Heaven. There are many mansions. Paul lists 3 as Celestial, Terrestrial and Telestial as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teachers from one of our cannonized book of latter-day scriptures, Section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants. Only those who are baptized with proper authority and keep a valiant Testimony of Jesus Christ and the True Gospel will make the Celestial Kingdom. Also, children who have not reached the age of accountability because they do not need to be baptized until they can sin and must repent. We must also receive all Temple ordinances and covenants as well. Not easy to be a valiant Latter-day Saint and why few will get in the Celestial Kingdom of Glory. But, lots in the Terrestrial and Telestial as well.

According to the book I read (am reading again) everything that happens to you no matter how bad (my words) is from God and we do well to take it as such, accept it whther we understand what's going on or not... and in my experience, we do not understand much RE what God does... Why would we? We are just creatures... Yes, we can have His spirit in us.. but that doesn't mean we know all about Him .. I have seen it happen, though, that once I get beyond the pain of some evil that happend or what i thought was evil... no, wait, a lot of the time, it really was evil... but once I get beyond it somehow, I see that what i thought i wanted --or even what I just KNEW God wanted (!) was not good for me after all...

No, few make it to the highest degree in Heaven. There are many mansions. Paul lists 3 as Celestial, Terrestrial and Telestial as The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teachers from one of our cannonized book of latter-day scriptures, Section 76 of the Doctrine and Covenants. Only those who are baptized with proper authority and keep a valiant Testimony of Jesus Christ and the True Gospel will make the Celestial Kingdom. Also, children who have not reached the age of accountability because they do not need to be baptized until they can sin and must repent. We must also receive all Temple ordinances and covenants as well. Not easy to be a valiant Latter-day Saint and why few will get in the Celestial Kingdom of Glory. But, lots in the Terrestrial and Telestial as well.
i think it is only fair to warn you of such things as this:

That organization is not a truly Christian one.

the true Christian religion of necessity has to go back to the time of Christ and the 12. Obviously Smith does not..

The Catholic Church (which does trace its popes back to St Peter) accepts the baptisms of Methodists, Lutherans and others. It does not accept LDS baptisms.. There is a reason for that...

But the most important thing I would like to say is that... again, you are in a false religion. You'd be better off to go to the ... I dunno... assemblies of God, who actually dislike Catholicism quite a bit but it would be better for you tobe there than lds

i think it is only fair to warn you of such things as this:

That organization is not a truly Christian one.

the true Christian religion of necessity has to go back to the time of Christ and the 12. Obviously Smith does not..

The Catholic Church (which does trace its popes back to St Peter) accepts the baptisms of Methodists, Lutherans and others. It does not accept LDS baptisms.. There is a reason for that...

But the most important thing I would like to say is that... again, you are in a false religion. You'd be better off to go to the ... I dunno... assemblies of God, who actually dislike Catholicism quite a bit but it would be better for you tobe there than lds
You are mixing up Religion with Church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has the name of Jesus Christ in it to start. We accept the Old and New Testaments as cannonized scripture which means our "religion" must be Christian as we use the same basic bible as you do and other Protestant Churches. The Church is a completely separate topic. And, it is not required to have gone back and stayed in tact since Peter. The Lord over the entire Old Testament started his Church and stopped it. Started it and stopped it. Several times. It's called apostasy and the Catholic Church is the Apostacy Church. The Lord can do what he pleases. And, he did. Instead of using a scholarly person well grounded in the Bible and educated to be the leader of His Church as the Prophet and President of His Church, he chose someone like Isaiah prophesied would happen. A young man who was not learned brought forth the Book of Joseph to be one in our hands with the Book of Judah. The Bible and Book of Mormon. The RCC doesn't even have the correct priesthood orders to administer the ordinances of the gospel.

Forum List

Back