"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

Actually they can. If they can show you had knowledge of it either shortly before, like in an e-mail, or other communication, or shortly after your testimony, your short stint of being unable to recall would be disproven.
Having known something in the past doesnt prove that I remembered it. Fuck I go the store and forget shit all the time. That's a 10-20 minute gap from knowing it and forgetting it. LOL

Having known something in the past doesnt prove that I remembered it. Fuck I go the store and forget shit all the time. That's a 10-20 minute gap from knowing it and forgetting it. LOL
You can make a case that someone wouldn't have actually forgotten something. For example, if someone just so happens to forget every detail of an action that was clearly illegal despite having discussed it at length just a few weeks ago, you can credibly make a case that their forgetfulness isn't genuine, but an attempt to evade prosecution.

Not an expert, but I think it's reasonable.

If you read the thread, pknopp claims because Trump said this during the campaign in 2016 and Eric Trump is taking the 5th now, that proves the investigation going on right now can't be a witch hunt.

He is batshit crazy.
What you don't realize is that Trump made the statement from experience. When he plead the 5th, he knew he was guilty, and they projected that onto others doing the same.

Again, show me your legal credentials. If what he was doing was legal why did he use the phrase, “plausible deniability”? Doing favors for foreign nations for money isn’t legal if you’re the VP last I checked. If there is nothing there then he has nothing to worry about.
Actually the only thing illegal, is if the person does so for personal gain, or for someone elses gain. It's done for the federal government all the time, where that money goes to the treasury, and not into his, or his friends pockets.

I doubt anyone has or could be jailed for contempt by claiming they could not remember.
Even Reagan got away with that over sending Oliver North to Iran.
You can't put high profile cases as the norm. When you don't have million dollar lawyers to defend a contempt of court charge, able to draw it out with appeals for years, judges impose them far more often.

all well and good.

but if you claim someone is guilty when they "plead the 5th", don't plead the 5th and not expect people to call you guilty for doing so also.
yeah i don’t think anyone has suggested you aren’t entitled to your opinion.

That's why they also use recollection enhancements. Such as if they asked where you were on January 6th, and they answer they don't remember. They pull up their cell phone meta-data and tell them, your cell phone says you were at [location and time].
Do you recall being there now?

Remember the legal adage. Never ask a question, you don't already know the answer to.

Actually the only thing illegal, is if the person does so for personal gain, or for someone elses gain. It's done for the federal government all the time, where that money goes to the treasury, and not into his, or his friends pockets.
And I believe it was for personal gain. Thanks for playing.

You can't put high profile cases as the norm. When you don't have million dollar lawyers to defend a contempt of court charge, able to draw it out with appeals for years, judges impose them far more often.
And Trump has that and the GOP likely wins the House in 2022. So the likely outcome is Trump pays a fine and we move on.

Bribes are to government officials. Hunter Biden isn't a government official.
10% went to "The Big Guy". That is well documented.

But please explain how a crackhead with no oil and gas experience, no investment experience, managed to get gigs with foreign governments for well over a billion dollars?

Eric Trump did so during an Oct. 5, 2020, interview: “Eric Trump then invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in response to more than 500 questions over six hours.”

Typical knee jerk, Democrat response failing to see the elephant in the room.

500 questions in 6 hours, a question every 40 seconds, with no crime committed?

Marxist Democrats operating a stalinist trial.

And the Democrats complaint is, a US citizen has RIGHTS!!!!

THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE WORLD FOR DEMOCRATS

What you don't realize is that Trump made the statement from experience. When he plead the 5th, he knew he was guilty, and they projected that onto others doing the same.
So you can read minds.

Got it.

Now, explain how that comment 5 years ago proves this investigation isn't a witch hunt.

Forum List

Back