Swalwell suggests Trump is guilty for taking the Fifth

Trump was wrong about the meaning and purpose of the 5th Amendment then. He learned though.
Yes, like a child. What is Trump the 76 year old man going to learn next? How to tie his shoes? You think you are making excuses, but you are just making him look like an even bigger moron. Which is quite a feat.

Who cares. The facts are no matter what he says, the scumbags will twist it into a lie.

So...say nothing.

Let the liars twist in the wind.
The 5th is the 5th and the truth is the truth. Don't whine about it. I'm not, and I don't even like the S.O.B..

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

I don't know. Does that make DJT a hypocrite?

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.

tRump said anyone who pleads the 5th is guilty or in the mob. Let's go by his own standards.
MAGA

The 5th is the 5th and the truth is the truth. Don't whine about it. I'm not, and I don't even like the S.O.B..

Yes, and it is the FEDS who have been PROVEN to be lying in everything they say about Trump.

It takes a special kind of stupid to believe anything they claim from then on.

Hello stupid!

Yes, like a child. What is Trump the 76 year old man going to learn next? How to tie his shoes? You think you are making excuses, but you are just making him look like an even bigger moron. Which is quite a feat.
He was wrong about the meaning of taking the 5th. It was indeed a stupid thing to say. But lots of people say stupid things. Just look at your posting history. You never learn.

Yes, and it is the FEDS who have been PROVEN to be lying in everything they say about Trump.

It takes a special kind of stupid to believe anything they claim from then on.

Hello stupid!
Well, I won't take the 5th in response. I simple fuckyou wetwall, will do. Thanks for playing.

Taking the fifth is not about truth or falsehood.

It is about not saying a thing.

Listen. If you ever find yourself arrested and being charged with a crime and the police tell you all about your Miranda rights and then seek to question you, the best legal advice is always: shut the fuck up. Invoke your right to counsel. Tell them you will invoke the 5th and won’t speak with them until you’ve consulted with counsel — and maybe not after that, either.

Why? Because, otherwise, in order to extricate yourself from the mess you’re then in, you MIGHT say something akin to this. “Look. I saw what happened. I can give you the descriptions of the ones who did it!” Well, guess what? You have just — by your own words — placed yourself at the scene of the crime at the time of the crime.

Speaking can damage your legal position. Even telling the truth can damage your legal position. Even if you’re perfectly innocent.

No he didn't. He kept on with his debauchery.

Not true. As was the case with Nancy Pelosi, the moment the FBI gave him warning about the Chinese spy, he terminated the relationship immediately and completely.

"He is not accused of any wrongdoing. After U.S. intelligence officials briefed him in 2015 on their concerns about Fang, he cut off ties with her. Swalwell said in a statement to Axios this week that he provided information to the FBI about her and that he hasn’t interacted with her in six years. "

Taking the fifth is not about truth or falsehood.

It is about not saying a thing.

Listen. If you ever find yourself arrested and being charged with a crime and the police tell you all about your Miranda rights and then seek to question you, the best legal advice is always: shut the fuck up. Invoke your right to counsel. Tell them you will invoke the 5th and won’t speak with them until you’ve consulted with counsel — and maybe not after that, either.

Why? Because, otherwise, in order to extricate yourself from the mess you’re then in, you MIGHT say something akin to this. “Look. I saw what happened. I can give you the descriptions of the ones who did it!” Well, guess what? You have just — by your own words — placed yourself at the scene of the crime at the time of the crime.

Speaking can damage your legal position. Even telling the truth can damage your legal position. Even if you’re perfectly innocent.
I am a permitted concealed carrier, very well aware.

Kind of late and convenient to be wising up now, IMO.
I'm pretty darn sure if the situation was reversed and it was Swalwell giving a deposition to somebody who campaigned on taking him down, you would agree using the convenience would be the wise and prudent thing to do.

All of you defended Lois Lerner when she used that 'convenience.'

So far not a single person on the left here has even acknowledged, much less commented on, that the A.G. taking Trump's deposition campaigned vigorously and publicly on taking him down. Have acknowledged ANY of the examples furnished where an unscrupulous FBI/DOJ charged innocent people with perjury because they remembered a date or sequence or fact wrong years later.

There is such a thing as being reasonable and in being so dogmatic you choose to be dishonest, vindictive, hateful instead of fair minded or allowing for something other than "he is BAD".

Trump took the Fifth and refused to answer questions today.

Guess who sat through 11 hours of grilling Congressional hearings and did not take the Fifth once?

Hillary Clinton
But who said "I do not recall" umpteen times and Comey would later testify gave false testimony. And absolutely no complaints about that from anybody on the left.

Well, I won't take the 5th in response. I simple fuckyou wetwall, will do. Thanks for playing.

Yeah, if you are smart, and you find yourself in a situation with law enforcement, you had best say nothing.

Hey lefties, link to any of you blasting Holder for contempt of Congress.

Thanks,
He wasn't charged with contempt, because the case had gone to court, to determine if he had to turn over the documents to the republicans who nvestigating, or were they covered by executive privilege?

the Judge's decision when the case was litigated, was that Holder had to turn them over to the committee, executive privilege would not cover holding them back, because the public had a right to know, congress had a right to know....

and HE DID turn them all over, at that point.... After the Judge's order.

Forum List

Back