Swalwell suggests Trump is guilty for taking the Fifth

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

I don't know. Does that make DJT a hypocrite?

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.

While we're on the subject of Eric Swalwell, he quoted Trump today that "Only guilty people take the Fifth' as President Trump took the Fifth rather than answer the N.Y. attorney general's questions.

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.
I'll go with hypocrite. It jives with his other flaws.

Or is Trump now wiser and understands that people are justified in taking the fifth when they're under siege and persecution by a weaponized DOJ & unscrupulous House members determined to find something, anything they can pretend is heinous enough to destroy somebody? That is especially true in the case of Donald J. Trump. That's how afraid they are he might win the Presidency again.
It makes Trump wrong on the matter when he held forth previously....Not the first time he's been wrong, and it won't be the last.

Fang Fang's boyfriend?

I remember when we executed spies, now they serve as heads of Congressional committees

Yes I think so...........He runs, loses again.

Like you've never been wrong on anything.
What? You think he waited until his 70s to get an understanding of the 5th Amendment or you would like to make us think that. You sound pretty hypocritical yourself.

He played politics in 2016. Now the shoe was on the other foot and he realized, after six years of a full-court press, that sometimes cases against people aren't cut and dried.

It's particularly bad advice to testify if they are trying to look for any "inaccuracy" to charge you with providing false testimony etc.

It's why I question his "tough on crime" mantra. He doesn't need to throw that red meat to his supporters, he would be wiser to be more measured in his opinion. At least be balanced throughout "we need to be tough but fair with criminal allegations. Make sure REAL career criminals are targeted and not create criminals and chase rabbits for political or other reasons. Justice must be justice".

I have first hand experiences of police abuses in Canada and the lack of justice. It's destructive to our nation and even those nations we point to as being human right abusers have a legitimate argument in calling us hypocrites.

Forum List

Back