"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

They are allowed to "refresh" his memory. At that point he would have to claim it didn't happen, instead of he can't remember.

Example": When did you call Suspect A?
Answer: I don't have any recollection.
[They present his phone record] Read the line circled next to Suspect A
Again I ask, when did you call Suspect A?
Says here someone called his number from my phone but I don't remember making that phone call. Maybe I butt dialed him. Perhaps someone cloned my phone and made the call. Either way I dont recall. Next question.

So as you admitted the optics are bad and there are lot of instances of bad optics.

As a newly minted artist, Hunter Biden does remarkably well, especially for someone who switched careers on or about Jan. 20. But fetching $500,000 for a "Biden" is ludicrous.

However, it’s easy to imagine a so-called "anonymous buyer" texting Hunter: “Meet me for lunch next week. Our mutual buddy will join us. I’ve got some documents your old man should see.” As Shaub correctly complained, “They’ve outsourced government ethics to an art dealer. It’s an industry that’s notorious for money-laundering. There’s no standards in that industry.”

While Biden was vice president, Air Force Two delivered Hunter to meetings with his benefactors; Joe himself invited some of Hunter’s associates to breakfast at the official VP residence, and to his private office in the West Wing of the White House, where Biden posed for photos, the New York Post reported.

Then the pleading the 5th applies. But there's no way you can establish beyond a reasonable doubt that I do or do not remember something. You may think I should but that's irrelevant.
You can usually plead the 5th, but not always.

Let's say you've been married to someone for 20 years and they ask you what your wife's name is. And you say you don't remember.

Is that reasonable? Of course not. Point is that there is a line one can draw where it's no longer reasonable for someone to have forgotten something.

So as you admitted the optics are bad and there are lot of instances of bad optics.

As a newly minted artist, Hunter Biden does remarkably well, especially for someone who switched careers on or about Jan. 20. But fetching $500,000 for a "Biden" is ludicrous.

However, it’s easy to imagine a so-called "anonymous buyer" texting Hunter: “Meet me for lunch next week. Our mutual buddy will join us. I’ve got some documents your old man should see.” As Shaub correctly complained, “They’ve outsourced government ethics to an art dealer. It’s an industry that’s notorious for money-laundering. There’s no standards in that industry.”

While Biden was vice president, Air Force Two delivered Hunter to meetings with his benefactors; Joe himself invited some of Hunter’s associates to breakfast at the official VP residence, and to his private office in the West Wing of the White House, where Biden posed for photos, the New York Post reported.

Bad optics does not mean that there's a crime or even reasonable suspicion for a crime.

You can imagine scenarios all day long. Your imagination does not justify investigation.

Let's say you've been married to someone for 20 years and they ask you what your wife's name is. And you say you don't remember.

Is that reasonable? Of course not. Point is that there is a line one can draw where it's no longer reasonable for someone to have forgotten something.
Depends. Are you asking Joe Biden?

Bad optics does not mean that there's a crime or even reasonable suspicion for a crime.

You can imagine scenarios all day long. Your imagination does not justify investigation.
Keeping the identity of the buyers a secret is reasonable suspicion, Dumbass.

Why would they need to do that?

But you can't prove that I do remember. And we aren't talking about mundane shit like that. If the lawyer is worth a shit he'll object to any questions that aren't relevant. So it doesn't matter if I remember that grass is green and my wife's name is Marge unless it's relevant to the case. Criminal trials arent actually like Law and Order.

Says here someone called his number from my phone but I don't remember making that phone call. Maybe I butt dialed him. Perhaps someone cloned my phone and made the call. Either way I dont recall. Next question.
Did your BUTT hold a 5 minute 14 second conversation with Suspect A? As the phone record indicate the call was made from the vicinity of your residence and lasted over 5 minutes in length.

Again, when did you call Suspect A?

But you can't prove that I do remember. And we aren't talking about mundane shit like that. If the lawyer is worth a shit he'll object to any questions that aren't relevant. So it doesn't matter if I remember that grass is green and my wife's name is Marge unless it's relevant to the case.
Maybe, maybe not. Maybe we get your spouse to testify that you came home every day and said their name for 20 years.

I'm using an example to demonstrate a principle. Sometimes it's just not credible that you forgot something.

Did your BUTT hold a 5 minute 14 second conversation with Suspect A? As the phone record indicate the call was made from the vicinity of your residence and lasted over 5 minutes in length.

Again, when did you call Suspect A?
Apparently it did. Does your phone hang up if no one is talking on it? Yeah mine either. Next question councilor. If there's one person over the age of 50 on the jury they will be nodding their head remembering when "that damn phone was on this whole time and I didnt know it".

Maybe, maybe not. Maybe we get your spouse to testify that you came home every day and said their name for 20 years.

I'm using an example to demonstrate a principle. Sometimes it's just not credible that you forgot something.

I guess, but since my wife's name is likely not going to be relevant in a criminal proceeding whether it's credible that I remember something as mundane as that seems well, irrelevant. Remembering your dog's name is a far cry from remembering a cell phone conversation or some other detail you might be asked in a criminal trial. It's easily credible that you wouldn't remember things of that nature. What were you doing at 2pm on Jan 15th 2022? Maybe you know but i have no earthly idea.

Do you think they need to investigate George W. Bush's paintings too?
The ones he gives away to the veterans he paints? Why?
Do you have any proof Bush isn't "selling" the paintings?

Now for sale: Art by George W. Bush
Never made that claim. Do you have any idea how long he has been out of office?
So you admit you lied when you implied Bush donated ALL his paintings?
As that would be required to reduce his paintings to ONLY those he gave away instead of sold.

I guess, but since my wife's name is likely not going to be relevant in a criminal proceeding whether it's credible that I remember something as mundane as that seems well, irrelevant. Remembering your dog's name is a far cry from remembering a cell phone conversation or some other detail you might be asked in a criminal trial. It's easily credible that you wouldn't remember things of that nature. What were you doing at 2pm on Jan 15th 2022? Maybe you know but i have no earthly idea.
Well, take Mike Flynn.

It's not credible that he would have forgotten discussing the sanctions with the Russian ambassador. He had multiple phone calls and emails around the event. It was the entire purpose of the phone call. He reached out and discussed talking points before he called the Russian ambassador. He had phone calls and emails following the phone call discussing what he had spoken about.

So when investigators ask him if he spoke about sanctions just a few weeks ago, it is simply not credible he would have suddenly forgotten.

So you admit you lied when you implied Bush donated ALL his paintings?
As that would be required to reduce his paintings to ONLY those he gave away instead of sold.
You linked to an ornament that is a reproduction of a painting he did. I don't think former Pres Bush is hand painting all those ornaments. I also don't think that Presidents get any money from the gift shops of their Presidential libraries. Aren't those things not for profits? So, he likely donated the rights to reproduce the painting on the ornament for sale.

Forum List

Back