"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

Then the pleading the 5th applies. But there's no way you can establish beyond a reasonable doubt that I do or do not remember something. You may think I should but that's irrelevant.
They are allowed to "refresh" his memory. At that point he would have to claim it didn't happen, instead of he can't remember.

Example": When did you call Suspect A?
Answer: I don't have any recollection.
[They present his phone record] Read the line circled next to Suspect A
Again I ask, when did you call Suspect A?

All that they can do is to spread lies, which is what they're doing now. Once you go beyond the statute of limitations, no indictment can be sought.

Statutes of limitations establish time limits for starting criminal proceedings. The rules reflect society's wish to proceed with prosecutions while memories are fresh and evidence and witnesses are still available.

If the applicable time limit expires before criminal proceedings begin, charges should not be filed

Hunter is STILL not working a day in his life and still getting millions.
There likely are plenty of up to date crimes.

And by the way, the statute of limitations vary based on seriousness of the crime, when the crime is discovered, etc.
So it is not so clear cut.

Nope what is 75*5? And rumor has it one did sell for $500k. Hunter will neither admit nor deny that claim....You said he sold zero. Wrong again, big guy.
Oh a rumor, huh? That sounds like adequate grounds for an investigation.

I never said he sold zero.

And by the way, the statute of limitations vary based on seriousness of the crime, when the crime is discovered, etc.
So it is not so clear cut.
Federal felony statute is 5 years, with only a couple of exceptions like bank fraud. And the clock starts when the government "should have known" about it. Meaning if somebody if filed as a "missing person", that would start the clock on a kidnapping charge.

Somewhat more on topic, Trump made his comment about pleading the 5th back in 2016.

At that time Pagliano, who was the technician who worked on Clinton's server and who deleted the emails off of it, was being deposed. Who was deposing him? Judicial Watch.

For the life of me, I simply cannot figure out how Judicial Watch was able to require Pagliano to be questioned under oath, but one thing is for certain, if anyone is going on a witch hunt, it's Judicial Watch.

Forum List

Back