"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

Wrong.
Obama gave the Ukraine cash, as well as Stinger missiles.
Whomever said otherwise, is just wrong.
And again, the World Court had ruled the Ukraine owed Russia billions for stolen oil and gas, so it was illegal for the US to give the Ukraine aid to prevent Russia from collecting a legal debt.
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian state-owned energy firm Naftogaz said on Wednesday Russia’s Gazprom would have to pay it $2.56 billion after a Stockholm court found in Naftogaz’s favour in the final stage of a long-running legal battle.

Do not think we will put a former president of USA in jail. He will most likely have to pay back the money he owes the government.

No it isn't. If you refuse to answer a question that would have no chance of implicating you, you can be charged with contempt. Now maybe the judge doesn't charge you but he most certainly can.
LOL...they employ mind readers now to see if you aren't incriminating yourself before taking the 5th?

That's why they also use recollection enhancements. Such as if they asked where you were on January 6th, and they answer they don't remember. They pull up their cell phone meta-data and tell them, your cell phone says you were at [location and time].
Do you recall being there now?

Remember the legal adage. Never ask a question, you don't already know the answer to.
Nope I sure dont. Next question.

You can make a case that someone wouldn't have actually forgotten something. For example, if someone just so happens to forget every detail of an action that was clearly illegal despite having discussed it at length just a few weeks ago, you can credibly make a case that their forgetfulness isn't genuine, but an attempt to evade prosecution.

Not an expert, but I think it's reasonable.
Then the pleading the 5th applies. But there's no way you can establish beyond a reasonable doubt that I do or do not remember something. You may think I should but that's irrelevant.

Which I posted.

What the OP presents is Trump saying that if you plead the 5th, you only do so if you are guilty.
And, you took offence to a citizen exercising the 5th Amendment Right, and used the example of the democrats hammering him with 500 questions in 360 minutes!

6 hours! 500 questions, and you think Trump is dangerous?

When it is the President's son, his art looks like someone shit on a piece of paper, he is selling them for more than the most famous painters ever, and the WH is making sure the buyers stay anonymous, yes. There needs to be an investigation.

What are you afraid of, Bidenista Cultist Hack?
Do you think they need to investigate George W. Bush's paintings too?

You can make a case that someone wouldn't have actually forgotten something. For example, if someone just so happens to forget every detail of an action that was clearly illegal despite having discussed it at length just a few weeks ago, you can credibly make a case that their forgetfulness isn't genuine, but an attempt to evade prosecution.

Not an expert, but I think it's reasonable.
I think Hillary mastered the art on this.

i know i didn't.

all i said was if trump says pleading the 5th is tantamount to being guilty, don't act surprised that if you plead the 5th people will say you are guilty.

their opinion and all.
Trump said that, and then changed his mind on it, as did a lot of people after what the Obamagate did.

Personally, I never thought it

One thing I HOPE changes back, is putting your money in a blind trust, and showing your tax returns when running for president. We need as much disclosure as possible on persons taking on the biggest job in our country. Personally wish it applied to congress also.

Trump said that, and then changed his mind on it, as did a lot of people after what the Obamagate did.

Personally, I never thought it
He never changed his mind. He just always has a double standard.

Forum List

Back