"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment"? Donald Trump

Keeping the identity of the buyers a secret is reasonable suspicion, Dumbass.

Why would they need to do that?
Not at all. Somebody buying something worth $75K has to worry about somebody stealing it.

The person who bought Obama's car remains anonymous too.

And, you took offence to a citizen exercising the 5th Amendment Right, and used the example of the democrats hammering him with 500 questions in 360 minutes!

6 hours! 500 questions, and you think Trump is dangerous?

Absolutely.

I have issues with those who pretend to not understand my post also.

I guess, but since my wife's name is likely not going to be relevant in a criminal proceeding whether it's credible that I remember something as mundane as that seems well, irrelevant. Remembering your dog's name is a far cry from remembering a cell phone conversation or some other detail you might be asked in a criminal trial. It's easily credible that you wouldn't remember things of that nature. What were you doing at 2pm on Jan 15th 2022? Maybe you know but i have no earthly idea.
As I said. The prosecution is allowed to offer information to "refresh" the persons memory. And afterward, they would no longer be able to claim they have no recollection, and would have to claim it didn't happen instead.

Apparently it did. Does your phone hang up if no one is talking on it? Yeah mine either.
Phone records indicate how long a line (both ends) were "off hook" for, indicating a coversation length. If you get a call, and the person on the other end doesn't respond to your saying "Hello", as soon as you hang up your end. The call is terminated.

For a call to be "off hook" for 5 minutes, means a conversation took place.

Bad optics does not mean that there's a crime or even reasonable suspicion for a crime.

You can imagine scenarios all day long. Your imagination does not justify investigation.
So the paintings weren't sold for high dollar amounts
He did not get paid extraordinarily well via Burisma
He did not have dealings with China and siphon monies to the "big guy"

LOL

Imagine if you were a tiny bit logical?

You linked to an ornament that is a reproduction of a painting he did. I don't think former Pres Bush is hand painting all those ornaments. I also don't think that Presidents get any money from the gift shops of their Presidential libraries. Aren't those things not for profits? So, he likely donated the rights to reproduce the painting on the ornament for sale.

George W. Bush to Publish Book of His Paintings of Service Members and Veterans

Proceeds are going to Bush's non-profit , the same as the"Clinton Foundation"

Not at all. Somebody buying something worth $75K has to worry about somebody stealing it.

The person who bought Obama's car remains anonymous too.
How does Obama benefit from this sale? Thank you

Actually that's bullshit. If the US law was violated, they just had to show Biden getting the money, like they did for the multiple felony convictions of Paul Manafort.

Wrong.
Manafort had not bothered to launder the illegal income at all.
He did not have a front company like Burisma Holdings that claimed to just be paying employees for services.
So just Hunter getting the money is NOT at all sufficient to prosecute.
One would also have to prove things like Hunter never went to the Ukraine, could not speak the language, had no marketable expertise, produced no documemts of any tangible products, etc.
And only the Ukraine could do that.

But you can't prove that I do remember. And we aren't talking about mundane shit like that. If the lawyer is worth a shit he'll object to any questions that aren't relevant. So it doesn't matter if I remember that grass is green and my wife's name is Marge unless it's relevant to the case. Criminal trials arent actually like Law and Order.
When a persons memory is in question, then prohibitive questions about his memory are allowed to set a foundation whether his memory, or lack of memory is reasonable.

It was already investigated by Senate Republicans!

If it were Trump, and it was Trump, he would have fought it for 2 years and gone before SCOTUS before having them decide in his favor because the investigation served no legislative purpose. Notice, the Democrats never went after Don Jr.

Wrong.
Congress can not and does not really investigate anything.

How do you know Obama didn't place the highest bid? Maybe he misses his old car. And he certainly has the money.
Because being the media whore that he is, he would publicize that. But you and I know it wasn't Obama. If Biden were an artist this would be fine but Hunter is not an artist. Pay for play baby. 2023....we'll find out just how much pay for how much play.

So the paintings weren't sold for high dollar amounts
He did not get paid extraordinarily well via Burisma
He did not have dealings with China and siphon monies to the "big guy"

LOL

Imagine if you were a tiny bit logical?
No law against selling paintings
No law against being on the board for Burisma
No law against the dealings with China or giving a cut to "the big guy"

The 4th amendment protects people from your imagination.

No law against selling paintings
No law against being on the board for Burisma
No law against the dealings with China or giving a cut to "the big guy"

The 4th amendment protects people from your imagination.
So then why are the optics bad?

--- Cannot buy paintings as a front for pay for play
--- Cannot be on the board and receive monies when you have no experience for pay for play
--- Cannot make deals with China to benefit you and your big guy daddy

If the optics are bad why can't further investigation be warranted?

Wrong.
Manafort had not bothered to launder the illegal income at all.
He did not have a front company like Burisma Holdings that claimed to just be paying employees for services.

Wrong again

The new indictment increases the amount of money Manafort, with the assistance of Gates, is accused of laundering to $30 million.

So then why are the optics bad?

--- Cannot buy paintings as a front for pay for play
--- Cannot be on the board and receive monies when you have no experience for pay for play
--- Cannot make deals with China to benefit you and your big guy daddy

If the optics are bad why can't further investigation be warranted?
Bad optics doesn't make a legal case. Optics is PR. Not litigation.

Why did the Trump administration promise to donate the proceeds from foreign governments staying at his hotel? Bad optics.

Bad optics doesn't make a legal case. Optics is PR. Not litigation.

Why did the Trump administration promise to donate the proceeds from foreign governments staying at his hotel? Bad optics.
What? I have no idea what you're talking about. I never said it made a legal case, I would like Congress to dive into it and gauge what really happened. Don't believe I am asking a lot. If Joe has nothing to hide then it will be a quick investigation.

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. I never said it made a legal case, I would like Congress to dive into it and gauge what really happened. Don't believe I am asking a lot. If Joe has nothing to hide then it will be a quick investigation.
What is the legislative purpose of this investigation?

Forum List

Back