If Trump announces candidacy, how will other GOP hopefuls react?

Well, I'll be happy to give it a try.

Reasons Trump would not run (in no particular order, numbered only for reference):

1) Reluctance to be attacked again by the media.
2) Possibility of losing
3) Self-assessed as too old
4) Belief that another person could do a better job.

In order for 1) to be the reason, the media would have to stop obsessively attacking him, now that he's not the president. 2) would not phase him. Look at all the business ventures he started that went bankrupt. 3) He would have to really feel himself slowing down for that. 4) Not likely to happen.

One thing that can be accepted as true is that Trump pulled in a lot of working class Americans because of their anger against bad government.

I'll face it.

I'd love to hear your theory about how "the system," as opposed to the government, has stolen the working class' piece of the American pie.
You left out the main reasons for him not to run… Money and power. He has already made his mark as president and is now riding that wave into trying to start a media company. I called that one in 2016 when he first ran which was more his intention than actually winning in my opinion. He may have to run to maintain hero status with his base but I promise he will look for any excuse to lose and blame somebody else for it. He is going to ride this “rigged” narrative all the way to 3 commas

The corrupt government created the system. Don't try getting cute with me seemore.
Yes, that is what I believe also.

Your wording seemed to suggest that you thought I would not be willing to "face" that.

Maybe you're just naturally snarky to everyone, which I'm fine with.

I'm naturally cute, so I can't really help that.

You left out the main reasons for him not to run… Money and power. He has already made his mark as president and is now riding that wave into trying to start a media company. I called that one in 2016 when he first ran which was more his intention than actually winning in my opinion. He may have to run to maintain hero status with his base but I promise he will look for any excuse to lose and blame somebody else for it. He is going to ride this “rigged” narrative all the way to 3 commas
The Dems certainly gave him the fuel for that narrative, so it's hard to blame him for riding it.

The Dems certainly gave him the fuel for that narrative, so it's hard to blame him for riding it.
If he were an honest man I’d agree, but he isn’t. He is more dishonest than the media so I can’t take him or his enterprises seriously…. Except for his golf courses. I’d love to play a few of those!!

The good ones would stand down. The delusional ones who never had a chance to begin with would try and it would be funny.

But I don't think he will run. Would anybody want to spend the majority of their good remaining years getting constantly sniped at by idiots?

Meister
I agree. Trump has balls and doesn't fear criticism because he's not a politician. He can take the heat and did take it for four years.
The last thing this Country needs is another campaign with that lunatic ranting & raving about anything that floats around his empty fucking head.

But if he does run let him rant so the Country can see what a fucking maniac he is.

The good ones would stand down. The delusional ones who never had a chance to begin with would try and it would be funny.

But I don't think he will run. Would anybody want to spend the majority of their good remaining years getting constantly sniped at by idiots?
Because Trump is an attention grabbing jerkoff, that's why.

Clipper
I disagree. Trump was great as POTUS. You probably didn't like UE the lowest it had been in 50 years. You surely didn't like jobs all across the country and I know you hated a great economy. That is just what we had before the very convenient Chinese virus hit.

Trump can be an asshole at times but the man sure knows what he's doing. Unlike the walking, talking disaster you voted for.

I don't think democrats want to run against Trump. It's why Trump is still living rent free in their heads.
My adopted Brother who is a die-hard liberal that loved Biden even stated Trump will most likely win in 2024 if he runs…

That is scary for me because my adopted brother hates the GOP and would vote for Cortez, so my bet is with your comment and the Democrats worry deeply that if Trump does run they will lose badly…

Clipper
I disagree. Trump was great as POTUS. You probably didn't like UE the lowest it had been in 50 years. You surely didn't like jobs all across the country and I know you hated a great economy. That is just what we had before the very convenient Chinese virus hit.

Trump can be an asshole at times but the man sure knows what he's doing. Unlike the walking, talking disaster you voted for.
I need to correct something and it is all the time Trump is an asshole, but that is all I will correct…

Clipper

The economy was great…. It was also inherited. And it was left in shambles. Those are the facts

Why would anybody want to run against Trump? He is is a complete pain in the ass for anybody to engage with. The massive levels of horseshit that comes out of that guys mouth is not something I'd want to deal with on a daily basis. So glad that dude is off Twitter and out of the WH
And yet today we have a potential war in the Ukraine and a potential war involving Taiwan. Trump was a loud mouth who attempted peace.

The economy was great…. It was also inherited. And it was left in shambles. Those are the facts
The economy was starting to flatten out with Obama's regulations (through EO's) taking hold.
Trump negated those EO's and the economy continued in a positive direction.
The part you left out was the Pandemic, Slade. The economy shut down, yes, from Trump.
But, yes from the democrat House, also. Having said that, there was a 'V' shape recovery
due to Trump's policies that were in place.

frankly, im sick and tired of the back and forth extremes of what we have today. unfortunately the vast majority of us don't vote FOR people, we vote against them with whoever happens to be there.

no one 'wins' these elections.

give me a candidate that screams OK KIDS - EVERYONE OUT OF THE POOL and makes an effort to stop all this extreme politics bullshit will get a very close look from me. i feel that is what we need now and simply trying to one up the other side to show them who's boss has led us here where no one wants to be.

trump has some good qualities but also revels in this grade school recess fighting and name calling. biden, well he's not in charge so we don't know who to really be mad at but we're certainly not better off with him "in charge".

and this is the best our country could do?

we need to fix our gov and end these constant battles with policy and law. we need congress to get off their collective do nothing asses and DO THEIR FUCKING JOBS so presidents don't have to EO shit around all the time and make laws which is totally outside their role.

in short, we as a country have a lot of growing up to do cause we're the biggest group of children around today demanding everything and working for so little.

And yet today we have a potential war in the Ukraine and a potential war involving Taiwan. Trump was a loud mouth who attempted peace.
Do you think those potential wars are being caused by Biden?

The economy was starting to flatten out with Obama's regulations (through EO's) taking hold.
The part you left out was the Pandemic, Slade. The economy shut down, yes, from Trump.
But, yes from the democrat House, also. Having said that, there was a 'V' shape recovery
It started to flatten out because the stats were reaching record levels which they ended up hitting under trump. Look at any of the stats the trumperd brag about and you will see an 8 year trend line.

Yes of course the pandemic caused the crash. I wasn’t sure if we were talking about causes though as I hear all these brags about the simple numbers Trump reached without a mention about how they got there.

Do you think those potential wars are being caused by Biden?
Not directly, I don't, but his weakness which was exposed from the Afghanistan debacle
raised eyebrows with the exposure of weakness with Biden. It emboldened our enemies.
Trump had their respect, didn't like him, but they did respect his strength.

I want to be clear though. I wasn’t a huge fan of Obama’s policies. But he did restore stability to the economy and I credit American companies and worker more with the success than I do presidents. I also recognize that deregulation and cutting taxes is always going to lead to more economic activity. That’s a given. That’s why a healthy balance of R and D policy is necessary. But that system is broken now as each side is hell bent on painting the other side as evil. It’s very childish

Not directly, I don't, but his weakness which was exposed from the Afghanistan debacle
raised eyebrows with the exposure of weakness with Biden. It emboldened our enemies.
Trump had their respect, didn't like him, but they did respect his strength.
Haha, that’s all your perception. Yes Trump had a cowboy unpredictability that kept foreign leaders on edge but who cares. He did that by making a fool out of himself and trolling on Twitter. We still have the strongest military in the world and pull the strings on the greatest economy with the ability to inflict massive pain if so desired

Forum List

Back