If Trump announces candidacy, how will other GOP hopefuls react?

Depends on the Democrats' record. If inflation is soaring, gasoline prices are out of control and pandemics are still flourishing, no Democrat will be hugely popular.

But they still might win if the Republicans were to nominate an anti-Trumpster.
You've got a point worth noticing on the Covid question. But don't forget that Trump doesn't represent 'confidence' as president on dealing with Covid. So if Americans turn against Biden because of Covid, Trump wouldn't be a choice for finding confidence.

The reality is that the R party needs to start being kind to Biden when the election is closer.
Covid still running strong will make it the biggest issue because of fear.

The price of oil and gas seems to be the biggest generator.

And Biden's closing of pipelines and oil exploration has pushed the price up. America is now dependent on foreign oil.
You’re touching on it but missing a lot of key points. Here read this to understand the gas oil situation a bit better.

I don't think there will be a race at all.

if Liz Cheney were running, what actual record of accomplishment will she be able to present to the voters?

Even if she got the nomination, Sleepy Joe would schlong her. Liz never denounced his father who is considered to be a war criminal by the left.
Liz Cheney’s record shows a pretty long and strong support of conservative values and their agenda. Don’t you think?

Will they all stop hoping and vie for the second spot or will someone challenge him?

Would Dems rather run against Trump, a Trump stand in like DeSantis, or a Never Trumper?

No Repub would challenge him in the primaries, it would be political suicide and maybe even real life suicide

Liz Cheney’s record shows a pretty long and strong support of conservative values and their agenda. Don’t you think?

I'm talking about actual accomplishments, getting things done.

Not just talk, talk is cheap.

Compare and contrast with the tremendous justices and judges that Trump appointed to the federal courts, his reduction of federal taxes, his strengthening of the military, his opening of the Jerusalem embassy, etc.

Cheney isn't short on chatting about conservative items, at least in the long term.

But she doesn't have a record of actually doing squat.

If Trump doesn't run then it will depend on the reason why. And besides running or not, if he is chosen to be the R candidate.

If Trump doesn't run or doesn't try to run, because he doesn't expect he could win, then the popularity of De Santis will have evaporated away.

There are too many variables to consider unless someone is interested in a logical discussion on the question. Can anyone off some possible scenarios?
That is interesting about DeSantis losing his juice if Trump doesn't run. I'm thinking Trump would either run or play kingmaker by endorsing DeSantis.

Trump has huge negatives but mainly among people who would never vote for any Rep. Trump got a lot more minority votes than expected by the media. I don't know if DeSantis would appeal to Blacks as Trump does.

I'm talking about actual accomplishments, getting things done.

Not just talk, talk is cheap.

Compare and contrast with the tremendous justices and judges that Trump appointed to the federal courts, his reduction of federal taxes, his strengthening of the military, his opening of the Jerusalem embassy, etc.

Cheney isn't short on chatting about conservative items, at least in the long term.

But she doesn't have a record of actually doing squat.
So if Cheney was in power do you not think she would select similar judges to the ones that she and McConnell picked for trump?

So if Cheney was in power do you not think she would select similar judges to the ones that she and McConnell picked for trump?

I don't know what Liz Cheney would have done , but the fact of the matter is she didn't do it.

And voters are going to be looking for an actual record of accomplishment not just talk.

I don't know what Liz Cheney would have done , but the fact of the matter is she didn't do it.

And voters are going to be looking for an actual record of accomplishment not just talk.
She wasn’t in a position to do it smart guy. What she has been in a position to do was legislate and her record in that respect has been overwhelmingly supportive of conservative causes. Right?

Why would anybody want to run against Trump? He is is a complete pain in the ass for anybody to engage with. The massive levels of horseshit that comes out of that guys mouth is not something I'd want to deal with on a daily basis. So glad that dude is off Twitter and out of the WH
It'll be pretty interesting to see which of them get on their knees for VP.

They've long since sold their souls, so they won't mind the constant humiliation.

She wasn’t in a position to do it smart guy. What she has been in a position to do was legislate and her record in that respect has been overwhelmingly supportive of conservative causes. Right?

She needs to get into such a position, to show she is able and willing to do it.

Maybe run for governor? Maybe get an executive job in the Biden Administration- he'd like to get a few Republicans involved?

President of the US isn't a training position, and people (myself included) would have a lot of doubt that she would be able to accomplish squat.. And if she isn't able to, might well just let Biden in there. At least then the Democrats would accept the blame.

That is interesting about DeSantis losing his juice if Trump doesn't run. I'm thinking Trump would either run or play kingmaker by endorsing DeSantis.
Depends heavily on why Trump doesn't run. I've tried to get some people interested in exploring the possibilities but it looks like it's too complicated for nearly everybody.
Trump has huge negatives but mainly among people who would never vote for any Rep. Trump got a lot more minority votes than expected by the media. I don't know if DeSantis would appeal to Blacks as Trump does.
One thing that can be accepted as true is that Trump pulled in a lot of working class Americans because of their anger against bad government.

And bad government represents the ripoff they're suffering because of the system that stole their piece of the American pie.

Income inequality, greedy style capitalism, etc.
Get back to me when you're ready to face the music.

Trump got billions of dollars of free air time because of the press. People hate the press and don’t trust the press that was fact before trump. Trump got so much attention because he lied all the time and started controversies. It’s dirty politics and manipulation that he engages in. No thanks
Must be referring to the Steele Dossier, yeah good press, manufactured from Hillary and pushed by the media.
His lies in time proved to be true. So who WAS really lying? I'll let the historians answer that.

Must be referring to the Steele Dossier, yeah good press, manufactured from Hillary and pushed by the media.
His lies in time proved to be true. So who WAS really lying? I'll let the historians answer that.
Steele Dossier is a great example of dirty politics. yes, thank you. That wasn't what I was talking about, obviously, but it is another example of it.

Who was really Lying? Uhh, Trump, the media, republican and democrat politicians... Can I say all of the above?

Depends heavily on why Trump doesn't run. I've tried to get some people interested in exploring the possibilities but it looks like it's too complicated for nearly everybody.
Well, I'll be happy to give it a try.

Reasons Trump would not run (in no particular order, numbered only for reference):

1) Reluctance to be attacked again by the media.
2) Possibility of losing
3) Self-assessed as too old
4) Belief that another person could do a better job.

In order for 1) to be the reason, the media would have to stop obsessively attacking him, now that he's not the president. 2) would not phase him. Look at all the business ventures he started that went bankrupt. 3) He would have to really feel himself slowing down for that. 4) Not likely to happen.

One thing that can be accepted as true is that Trump pulled in a lot of working class Americans because of their anger against bad government.
And bad government represents the ripoff they're suffering because of the system that stole their piece of the American pie.

Income inequality, greedy style capitalism, etc.
Get back to me when you're ready to face the music.
I'll face it.

I'd love to hear your theory about how "the system," as opposed to the government, has stolen the working class' piece of the American pie.

I'd love to hear your theory about how "the system," as opposed to the government, has stolen the working class' piece of the American pie.
The corrupt government created the system. Don't try getting cute with me seemore.

Forum List

Back