If Trump announces candidacy, how will other GOP hopefuls react?

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Will they all stop hoping and vie for the second spot or will someone challenge him?

Would Dems rather run against Trump, a Trump stand in like DeSantis, or a Never Trumper?

Will they all stop hoping and vie for the second spot or will someone challenge him?
They're speculating on the chance that Trump won't run, and there are several reasons for that happening.
Would Dems rather run against Trump, a Trump stand in like DeSantis, or a Never Trumper?
There needs to be a lot more water flowed under the bridge but I see indications that Trump won't run again. A decent discussion should be possible but we'll see?

I don't think democrats want to run against Trump. It's why Trump is still living rent free in their heads.
Why would anybody want to run against Trump? He is is a complete pain in the ass for anybody to engage with. The massive levels of horseshit that comes out of that guys mouth is not something I'd want to deal with on a daily basis. So glad that dude is off Twitter and out of the WH

I think Trump needs to reinvent himself. I think he should take a little sabbatical from the public sphere, find a new spray-on tan that turns him purple instead of orange and then re-emerge as "purple man bad".

It would provide some welcome relief to all the democrats here looking for some new material.

Why would anybody want to run against Trump? He is is a complete pain in the ass for anybody to engage with. The massive levels of horseshit that comes out of that guys mouth is not something I'd want to deal with on a daily basis. So glad that dude is off Twitter and out of the WH
If a politician isn't willing to fight for what he believes in for the country, then I don't want him to run.
You speak about having a person like Trump being a complete pain in the ass. Well, The media was
all over Trump's ass at every turn when he was running, and most was not even the truth.
Trump won anyways in 2016. That is the person who you want as a president, not one who will
roll over when a storm hits.

Meister
I agree. Trump has balls and doesn't fear criticism because he's not a politician. He can take the heat and did take it for four years.

I'm hoping that someone else electable steps up whether Trump runs or not.

I don't think an anti-Trumpster candidate in the GOP is electable regardless of whether Trump runs. Telling 74 million little Trumpsters to go to perdition is no way for a Republican to put together a majority.

If a politician isn't willing to fight for what he believes in for the country, then I don't want him to run.
You speak about having a person like Trump being a complete pain in the ass. Well, The media was
all over Trump's ass at every turn when he was running, and most was not even the truth.
Trump won anyways in 2016. That is the person who you want as a president, not one who will
roll over when a storm hits.
Typically it's the moderates and independents that determine national elections and the left and media as well as Trump himself to some degree have done some serious damage. I doubt that damage can be overcome so I would be surprised if Trump wins the GOP nomination let alone is elected back into the White House. Remember perception is everything and the prevailing perception among the must sell crowd is not very pro Trump. Looking at it realistically running Trump will most likely result in Biden being reelected for a second term. That said the American electorate has surprised me before, they could do so again but I doubt it in this case.

I don't think an anti-Trumpster candidate in the GOP is electable regardless of whether Trump runs. Telling 74 million little Trumpsters to go to perdition is no way for a Republican to put together a majority.
One does not have to be an anti-Trumpster to run against Trump.

If Trump doesn't run then it will depend on the reason why. And besides running or not, if he is chosen to be the R candidate.

If Trump doesn't run or doesn't try to run, because he doesn't expect he could win, then the popularity of De Santis will have evaporated away.

There are too many variables to consider unless someone is interested in a logical discussion on the question. Can anyone off some possible scenarios?

Typically it's the moderates and independents that determine national elections and the left and media as well as Trump himself to some degree have done some serious damage. I doubt that damage can be overcome so I would be surprised if Trump wins the GOP nomination let alone is elected back into the White House. Remember perception is everything and the prevailing perception among the must sell crowd is not very pro Trump. Looking at it realistically running Trump will most likely result in Biden being reelected for a second term. That said the American electorate has surprised me before, they could do so again but I doubt it in this case.
I wouldn't base any of the possibilities for Trump on Biden's chances of a 2nd. term.

Christie the Rino ( a true Rhinoceros ) will announce a full mano y mano campaign against Trump while finishing off his fifth Pizza. He will have to learn the hard way that political chameleons never get anywhere. Mitt Romney will have to change his sacred undergarment.

Liz tranny( Cheney) and Megan (more cock please) McCain will both experience gender transformations in protest.

Jo

Christie the Rino ( a true Rhinoceros ) will announce a full mano y mano campaign against Trump while finishing off his fifth Pizza. He will have to learn the hard way that political chameleons never get anywhere. Mitt Romney will have to change his sacred undergarment.

Liz tranny( Cheney) and Megan (more cock please) McCain will both experience gender transformations in protest.

Jo
Liz Cheney is a very real possibility if Trump doesn't run or can't run, but it depends on the reasons with Trump.
If Trumpism is dead for some reason then Cheney would be a slamdunk natural. And in my opinion, a very good conservative choice too!

Liz Cheney is a very real possibility if Trump doesn't run or can't run, but it depends on the reasons with Trump.
If Trumpism is dead for some reason then Cheney would be a slamdunk natural. And in my opinion, a very good conservative choice too!

I don't think Liz Cheney would stand a chance of a snowball in you-know-where in a general election against Sleepy Joe or any Democrat really.

She's in agreement with them.

If I was in favor of Trump-hatred (and I ain't) why would I vote for her when the real McCoy is being offered by the other side.

Forum List

Back