If Trump announces candidacy, how will other GOP hopefuls react?

It started to flatten out because the stats were reaching record levels which they ended up hitting under trump. Look at any of the stats the trumperd brag about and you will see an 8 year trend line.

Yes of course the pandemic caused the crash. I wasn’t sure if we were talking about causes though as I hear all these brags about the simple numbers Trump reached without a mention about how they got there.
The numbers got there with the easing of regulations that Obama put on the economy, Slade.
When you mentioned the economy crashing is when the cause needed to be stated. It was not because
of Trump's policies leading up to the Pandemic. Which kinda sounded like that was what you were inferring with the crash.

Last edited:
Haha, that’s all your perception. Yes Trump had a cowboy unpredictability that kept foreign leaders on edge but who cares. He did that by making a fool out of himself and trolling on Twitter. We still have the strongest military in the world and pull the strings on the greatest economy with the ability to inflict massive pain if so desired
Yeah, the greatest military on Earth still was able to fuck up and create a clusterfuck when we left Afghanistan.
There are still Americans over there trying to get out. Biden was president and the world was watching.
So you can deflect away all you want.

I want to be clear though. I wasn’t a huge fan of Obama’s policies. But he did restore stability to the economy and I credit American companies and worker more with the success than I do presidents. I also recognize that deregulation and cutting taxes is always going to lead to more economic activity. That’s a given. That’s why a healthy balance of R and D policy is necessary. But that system is broken now as each side is hell bent on painting the other side as evil. It’s very childish
under obama's own words and beliefs - HE DIDN'T BUILD THAT.

unless of course the things he says apply only to others.

Will they all stop hoping and vie for the second spot or will someone challenge him?

Would Dems rather run against Trump, a Trump stand in like DeSantis, or a Never Trumper?
Well, OF COURSE Dems would rather run against a Never Trumper!! None of us Trump-faithful would vote for him, and the Dems would win! For that reason I don't think a never-Trumper would run ----- though my own governor, RINO Hogan is panting for the opportunity.

I'd say the Dems don't want to run against Trump.

The numbers got there with the easing of regulations that Obama put on the economy, Slade.
When you mentioned the economy crashing is when the cause needed to be stated. It was not because
of Trump's policies leading up to the Pandemic. Which kinda sounded like that was what you were inferring.
The numbers were going there regardless. The crash I mentioned was meant to point out exactly what I explained in my last post. Cause and effect matter. Yes Trumps deregulation’s and tax breaks helped. But they helped an economy that was already greased and heading to those record numbers. Trump came in on the last lap and gave the car a kick as it was about to cross the finish line and then took credit for driving the entire race.

Yeah, the greatest military on Earth still was able to fuck up and create a clusterfuck when we left Afghanistan.
There are still Americans over there trying to get out. Biden was president and the world was watching.
So you can deflect away all you want.
I don’t need to deflect. We retreated, we pulled out and let the Taliban take over. A move Trump started and Biden finished. A clusterfuck and a bad move from both men IMO

The good ones would stand down. The delusional ones who never had a chance to begin with would try and it would be funny.

But I don't think he will run. Would anybody want to spend the majority of their good remaining years getting constantly sniped at by idiots?
I bet he runs. Good points about him liking a social media empire ---- and I DO plan to join it when it's up ---- but I am guessing there simply is no bigger thrill than being prez of the United States.

Even such as it is in these sad Biden days.

Slade3200
Nope. Barry left Trump a fair hand. Trump improved on it by getting rid of Barry's business killing EO's.

Trump made it much better and the economy was doing well till the very convenient Chinese virus hit our shores.

Slade3200
Nope. Barry left Trump a fair hand. Trump improved on it by getting rid of Barry's business killing EO's.

Trump made it much better and the economy was doing well till the very convenient Chinese virus hit our shores.
Can you show the change in the trend lines that reflect this improvement that trump made? There should be a spike in the numbers right?

Slade3200
According to the Joint Economic Committee Trumps economy was better. He made it that way by getting rid of Barry's business killing EO's.

As I said. He left Trump a fair hand and Trump improved on it. Hell I just read all kind of stories on that economy. Some said he inherited it. Others said he made it. Take your pick.

Slade3200
According to the Joint Economic Committee Trumps economy was better. He made it that way by getting rid of Barry's business killing EO's.

As I said. He left Trump a fair hand and Trump improved on it. Hell I just read all kind of stories on that economy. Some said he inherited it. Others said he made it. Take your pick.
Obama left Trump an improving economy and it continued to improve, I'm not seeing what is so impressive here. Trump didn't make anything, anybody that said he made that economy is full of shit. It can't be back up by the numbers.

Mind you I support some of the economic moves that Trump made. I'm not saying he screwed it up, he was just fine for the economy. But he takes waaaaaay too much credit for things that he was absolutely not responsible for. All presidents do, that should be easy to admit.

Slade3200
Yes it is. Every President does the same. If its a good thing they take credit for it. If its a bad thing they get the blame.

Doesn't matter if its a D or and R in the WH. It applies to both parties.

Slade3200
Yes it is. Every President does the same. If its a good thing they take credit for it. If its a bad thing they get the blame.

Doesn't matter if its a D or and R in the WH. It applies to both parties.
Yup but that's politics. We are talking about reality now and in reality we don't need to spin up political blame or credit narratives we can just call it like it is. So in reality, Trump didn't create an incredible economy with all those numbers he brags about. He inherited that economy and rode it. He did a fine job riding and cut some fat along the way, but he doesn't get credit for anything transformative... not in reality.

Slade3200
Trump sure helped the economy by getting rid of Barry's business killing EO's. Both men did well with the economy. To bad the Chinese virus killed it.

Slade3200
Trump sure helped the economy by getting rid of Barry's business killing EO's. Both men did well with the economy. To bad the Chinese virus killed it.
Obama had business killing EO's yet he did well with the economy?! Thats a good one. Funny how the talking points conflict with reality like that sometimes.

Dems have policies to protect workers and the environment. They are in place so things like buildings falling down in Florida or power grids going out in Texas don't happen. Yes they are more expensive and they are more time consuming and yes they slow the flow of profits for corporations, but as you can see in the cases I pointed to... Sometimes they are necessary for the safety and well being of our people. We need a healthy balance of both policies as unregulated capitalism can be a disaster and over regulated big government can be a disaster. Why have people lost sight of that simple fact?

The numbers were going there regardless. The crash I mentioned was meant to point out exactly what I explained in my last post. Cause and effect matter. Yes Trumps deregulation’s and tax breaks helped. But they helped an economy that was already greased and heading to those record numbers. Trump came in on the last lap and gave the car a kick as it was about to cross the finish line and then took credit for driving the entire race.
The Kenyan Messiah inherited a failing startup and was given $10 trillion dollars to force a rebound. My teen daughter could have made the spread sheets look amazing in the aforementioned scenario.
Trump inherited a very seasoned Microsoft...growth potential is there but steep growth trajectory is not likely.
My point, steady growth in a ‘peaked out’ economy is far more difficult to induce, sustain and manage.
What else can I teach you?

The Kenyan Messiah inherited a failing startup and was given $10 trillion dollars to force a rebound. My teen daughter could have made the spread sheets look amazing in the aforementioned scenario.
Trump inherited a very seasoned Microsoft...growth potential is there but steep growth trajectory is not likely.
My point, steady growth in a ‘peaked out’ economy is far more difficult to induce, sustain and manage.
What else can I teach you?
You're comedy is quite entertaining... Please do continue to try and sound smart... I'll make the popcorn.

Keep this chart in mind as you continue your lesson on spending... (note this was pre pandemic)
1639073098065.png

Clipper
I disagree. Trump was great as POTUS. You probably didn't like UE the lowest it had been in 50 years. You surely didn't like jobs all across the country and I know you hated a great economy. That is just what we had before the very convenient Chinese virus hit.

Trump can be an asshole at times but the man sure knows what he's doing. Unlike the walking, talking disaster you voted for.
Trump inherited from Obama an economy on the rebound. And your boy ran it into the ground with his disasterous response to the pandemic.

Everything that imbecile touches turns to shit because he's a self absorbed narcissistic sociopath.

Forum List

Back