How did the Trump presidency negatively affect you/your life or quality of life personally?

And yet they still pay more. What is this obsession with rates?
Because income tax comes as an income tax RATE.

1709822178792.png

It looks like top earners should be on here bitching about that non-contributing bottom feeding underclass you insist on forever expanding.
Are wealthy contributors using more taxpayer funded services?
Yes, the wealthy are using more taxpayer funded services because that's how they get wealthy.

The richest earners (people well above the top 1%) pay lower effective tax rates than middle class Americans. That's simply a fact.

They don't have incomes so they don't pay local income tax.

As we see with Trump, they avoid local property taxes by lowering the value of their property with easements. Then you claim that it's an investment property which means you still get to deduct the property tax levied against it.

They have incomes, just taxed less if from gains. You don't think NYC and NY State tax interest incomes?

They also all have "jobs" that are taxed.

Your $500k making doctor couple doesn't do that, they have incomes, they get taxed.

Yes, the wealthy are using more taxpayer funded services because that's how they get wealthy.

The richest earners (people well above the top 1%) pay lower effective tax rates than middle class Americans. That's simply a fact.

No, they don't because they can afford things themselves.

Because the things the government sends money on need to be paid for. If wealthy people are getting away with avoiding taxes, then the burden falls on the rest of us.

Obviously.
Or...........

They have incomes, just taxed less if from gains. You don't think NYC and NY State tax interest incomes?

They also all have "jobs" that are taxed.

Your $500k making doctor couple doesn't do that, they have incomes, they get taxed.
The really rich people don't ever allow their gains to be realized and taxable. They have a lot of ways to avoid doing so.

The really rich people might have wages, but they're so insignificant to their overall compensation, it's barely worth mentioning. Musk receives no wages. Buffett gets $100k. Even the much more compensated Tim Cook got $3 million salary but that pales in comparison to his $60 million in options.

Hold on…you think Elon Musk drives our roadways more, he calls for emergency services more often, he uses our public school system, he throws Modello bottles out his window and litters our communities, he gets arrested and runs up the cost of law enforcement?
Look, beggars need to re-direct their hostility….get those human cockroaches you treasure at the bottom to become more productive and less of a liability to taxpayers….and STOP IMPORTING MEXICOS PEOPLE.

That’s absolute bullshit and you know it.
Further….those bottom feeders you can’t get enough of can’t use ‘percentages’ to pay for their Tapatio with that EBT card that Elon sends them…they need the cash that Elon puts on those cards.

That’s absolute bullshit and you know it.
Further….those bottom feeders you can’t get enough of can’t use ‘percentages’ to pay for their Tapatio with that EBT card that Elon sends them…they need the cash that Elon puts on those cards.
I provided the data already. The rich are very good at hiding their income from the IRS.

Elon Musk took a big hit when he had to sell a bunch of stock, but that's very strange. Usually the rich never realize capital gains, they just borrow against the value of their assets. The real wealthy literally live off loans despite having massive accumulated wealth. All to avoid taxes.

Not to mention the interest on those loans is entirely tax deductible.

The really rich people don't ever allow their gains to be realized and taxable. They have a lot of ways to avoid doing so.
Why do you care? Why don’t you get rich and stop worrying about it?
The really rich people might have wages, but they're so insignificant to their overall compensation, it's barely worth mentioning. Musk receives no wages. Buffett gets $100k. Even the much more compensated Tim Cook got $3 million salary but that pales in comparison to his $60 million in options.
All smart taxpayers defer their tax liability…You didn’t know that?

Why do you care? Why don’t you get rich and stop worrying about it?

All smart taxpayers defer their tax liability…You didn’t know that?
Normal people don't have any tools to defer their tax liability.

The elites do and since they control politicians, those tools are never going to go away.

I care about the debt. Don't you?

I provided the data already. The rich are very good at hiding their income from the IRS.

Elon Musk took a big hit when he had to sell a bunch of stock, but that's very strange. Usually the rich never realize capital gains, they just borrow against the value of their assets. The real wealthy literally live off loans despite having massive accumulated wealth. All to avoid taxes.

Not to mention the interest on those loans is entirely tax deductible.
You must have not have seen this post.

Here’s more pesky truth for you.
What is your idea of ”fair share”?
It looks like top earners should be on here bitching about that non-contributing bottom feeding underclass you insist on forever expanding.
Are wealthy contributors using more taxpayer funded services?
  • In 2020, taxpayers filed 157.5 million tax returns, reported earning nearly $12.5 trillion in adjusted gross income (AGI), and paid $1.7 trillion in individual income taxes.
  • The average income tax rate in 2020 was 13.6 percent. The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 25.99 percent average rate, more than eight times higher than the 3.1 percent average rate paid by the bottom half of taxpayers.
  • The top 1 percent’s income share rose from 20.1 percent in 2019 to 22.2 percent in 2020 and its share of federal income taxes paid rose from 38.8 percent to 42.3 percent.
  • The top 50 percent of all taxpayers paid 97.7 percent of all federal individual income taxes, while the bottom 50 percent paid the remaining 2.3 percent.
  • The 2020 figures include pandemic-related tax items such as the non-refundable part of the first two rounds of Recovery Rebates and the $10,200 unemployment compensation exclusion.
taxfoundation.org

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2023 Update

Last edited:

And yet their companies and they pay plenty of taxes, orders of magnitude over what we pay.

Then why is Amazon always scrounging for local governments to build the infrastructure for their warehouses?

Because it's good business?

I'm firmly upper middle class. I've never used the courts, never used workers comp or welfare, never used food stamps or housing vouchers. Anything I get from the government I pay a fee for, such as DMV or transit.

Normal people don't have any tools to defer their tax liability.
“Normal” people can’t drive Ferrari’s or fly to Italy for dinner tonight either….SO WHAT.
The elites do and since they control politicians, those tools are never going to go away.
Isn’t the “elite” class comprised mostly of noble lefties who want to pay more taxes?
Hollywood
Zuckerberg
Buffett
The Google faggots
etc etc
I care about the debt. Don't you?
You care about debt so much that you just imported 10 million desperate thirdworlders?

You must have not seen this post.
I'm talking about the tax strategies of the real wealthy. Most of the top 1% is composed of high wage earners like doctors and lawyers.

I'm talking about the top 0.1% or more like the top 0.001%.

Your data is useless.

Isn’t the “elite” class comprised mostly of noble lefties who want to pay more taxes?
Hollywood
Zuckerberg
Buffett
The Google faggots
etc etc
It's also composed of a lot of assholes like Trump.

Because it's good business?

I'm firmly upper middle class. I've never used the courts, never used workers comp or welfare, never used food stamps or housing vouchers. Anything I get from the government I pay a fee for, such as DMV or transit.
Because the elites know they can control the government for their benefit and people like you will always defend it.

Forum List

Back