How did the Trump presidency negatively affect you/your life or quality of life personally?

Nothing we haven’t seen before and nothing we didn’t know in 2016. The only disconnect here is you seem to think the reason for the firing is because of an investigation which didn’t happen till much and was undertaken by someone completely different and separate from the PGO.

Causality is hard for you.

Trump attempted to Delegate to the States to deflect blame

The trump response to COVID was horrendous and you want to blame Democrats.

Trump was supposed to be a leader, then when crisis hit, he did what trump has always done. Cast blame upon others

“No, I don’t take any responsibility at all” djt

The States are supposed to be delegated to in these cases. All the feds can do is offer aid and MAYBE curtail inter-state travel.

The candidate's vitriol, invectives and crass commentary have changed the rules of political discourse. From referencing a television host's menstrual cycle to using vulgar phrases to describe opponents to his encouragement of violence at rallies, Trump's insults have known no bounds — and have been a dominant storyline of the campaign.

I know people lie. but it's built into the system.
I know people lie too. That’s why I want the IRS to have the manpower to go after the liars.

But for some reason, the law and order right is afraid to do so.

Probably because they know their constituency is afraid of it.

1. He caused inflation with his tax breaks, spending and stimulus checks (with his name on them)
2. He started a trade war with China. I'm in manufacturing and one of our machines comes from China. It's why he only had 2.2% gdp in 2019. And he didn't win the trade war. Just disrupted the economy.
3. He has me on these boards every day with the stupid shit he says and does.
4. He has given power to the Nazi's of America. Proud Boys.
5. He tried to steal the electon. I voted for Biden.
/-----/ "He caused inflation with his tax breaks, spending and stimulus checks (with his name on them)"
OK, I stopped reading at your first gross distortion and idiotic response. How does letting people keep more of their own money cause inflation? (This ought to be funny, Folks.) BTW, Congress authorized those stimulus checks that democRATs cheered on.

I know people lie too. That’s why I want the IRS to have the manpower to go after the liars.

But for some reason, the law and order right is afraid to do so.

Probably because they know their constituency is afraid of it.

Claiming 500 bucks on your return for charitable donations is like doing 75 in a 65.

It's not claiming $50k or doing 120 in a 65.

Claiming 500 bucks on your return for charitable donations is like doing 75 in a 65.

It's not claiming $50k or doing 120 in a 65.
And the punishment for claiming 500 bucks is similarly as modest as doing 75 in a 65.

Still, the point here is that messing with the itemization protected the very wealthy and screwed over a lot of middle class Americans.

The stupid shit wealthy people get away with is astounding.

And the punishment for claiming 500 bucks is similarly as modest as doing 75 in a 65.

Still, the point here is that messing with the itemization protected the very wealthy and screwed over a lot of middle class Americans.

The stupid shit wealthy people get away with is astounding.

You never get pulled over for doing 75 in a 65, that's the point.

Actually messing with itemization made the wealthy in blue States pay more, because they had limits to their SALT deductions, and their charity deductions. Your average middle class person was still under those limits.

These guys?

A Newsmax host read a live disclaimer fact-checking Donald Trump after his rally in South Carolina on Friday 23 February.

“The [former] president mentioned in his speech the 2020 elections. Newsmax as a network believes the results were legal and final,” Carl Higbie said, after Mr Trump had finished speaking in Rock Hill.

Fox News also had to cut coverage of the rally to issue multiple fact-checks to his speech.

Anchor Neil Cavuto prefaced the list of corrections - for topics including the stock market, gas prices, and the 2020 election - by saying: “Even though he’s entitled to his opinion, he’s not entitled to his own set of facts.”
Many of the FOX commentators are frauds.

You never get pulled over for doing 75 in a 65, that's the point.

Actually messing with itemization made the wealthy in blue States pay more, because they had limits to their SALT deductions, and their charity deductions. Your average middle class person was still under those limits.
It made middle class people in blue states pay more because they couldn't claim SALT deductions. 30% of people itemized, that's a lot of middle class Americans. Since the standard deduction is going up but the mortgage limits and SALT cap aren't, it's eventually going to be impossible for basically anyone to itemize unless they're contributing loads of money to charity.

They didn't touch the strategies that the actual rich use, which is the buy borrow die strategy or other real estate fuckery. Rich people never look like they have income because they never spend their own money. They live off of debt collateralized by their investments. Deductions of interest on margin loans is uncapped. It's all stupid and all legal. No one gives a damn.

It made middle class people in blue states pay more because they couldn't claim SALT deductions. 30% of people itemized, that's a lot of middle class Americans. Since the standard deduction is going up but the mortgage limits and SALT cap aren't, it's eventually going to be impossible for basically anyone to itemize unless they're contributing loads of money to charity.

They didn't touch the strategies that the actual rich use, which is the buy borrow die strategy or other real estate fuckery. Rich people never look like they have income because they never spend their own money. They live off of debt collateralized by their investments. Deductions of interest on margin loans is uncapped. It's all stupid and all legal. No one gives a damn.

They could claim them, the claims were just limited.

They could claim them, the claims were just limited.
My point here is that limiting itemization hurt a lot more average americans than it did wealthy americans.

My next point is that Trump did nothing to go after the shit that actual wealthy americans do to avoid taxes.

Which surprises no one because he's a liar.

My point here is that limiting itemization hurt a lot more average americans than it did wealthy americans.

My next point is that Trump did nothing to go after the shit that actual wealthy americans do to avoid taxes.

Which surprises no one because he's a liar.

No actually it made a lot more very wealthy blue Staters pay more to the feds, allowing the Standard deduction, which helps more middle class and lower class Americans pay less taxes.

No actually it made a lot more very wealthy blue Staters pay more to the feds, allowing the Standard deduction, which helps more middle class and lower class Americans pay less taxes.
The only ones that were stopped from itemizing were middle class Americans.

It seems pretty clear that you don't really understand how taxes work, which is typical for someone that just uses a 1040EZ

The only ones that were stopped from itemizing were middle class Americans.

It seems pretty clear that you don't really understand how taxes work, which is typical for someone that just uses a 1040EZ

And many of them were helped by the increased standard deduction.

No one was "Stopped" from itemizing, certain deductions were capped to prevent the extremely wealthy from claiming excessive SALT deductions.

/----/ "It made middle class people in blue states pay more because they couldn't claim SALT deductions."
Are you lying or just clueless? I live in the People's Republic of New York. The SALT deduction wasn't eliminated, it was limited to $10,000. NY eagerly raised property taxes over the years with the excuse that you could deduct them from your federal income tax. Now the RICH HAVE TO PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE.

New York Property Taxes By County - 2024 - Tax-Rates.org

The exact property tax levied depends on the county in New York the property is located in. Westchester County collects the highest property tax in New York, levying an average of $9,003.00 (1.62% of median home value) yearly in property

What taxes do you pay in your home state? Are they more than $10,000 a year?

Forum List

Back