does God love us?

OP, if there's a God, is it your belief that he owes us anything?

I don’t think God owes us anything if He exists. I do however think that a person claiming God exists and that I should follow that God owes me something along the lines of an apology or some evidence that God is actually interested in me.

Nobody really hates God. We just hate the people who use God’s name to attempt to manipulate us into taking an action that will make that person more comfortable. If God wants something from me then He is powerful enough to say it Himself.

It Is funny though that the third commandment says it is forbidden to use God’s name in vain yet people do it all the time and pretend lying about God wanting me to do this or to do that is God’s work.

God is a big boy. He doesn’t need you to speak for Him so shut the hey hey up.

It is God’s followers that owe me something. If you say that God wants to know me, then you better make a compelling case as to why God didn’t come tell me Himself. God has never ever ever bothered me. I do get bothered by hearing nonsensical foolishness frequently in my environment. I hear stupid nonsense like I prayed to God and he helped me find my car keys. Yeah. You owe me an apology for obviously, blatantly, wickedly, and hatefully lying to my face. You owe me that if you ever spread lies like that to my ears. God owes me nothing. It’s the liars who follow God that owe me an explanation or an apology for their repeated nonsensical jabbering but no. God don’t owe me anything if that was your question.
Dude, a few posts ago you expressed the belief that God owes you to prove He exists to you like a trained show pony or something. Or did you forget the lollipop already?

Show me every verse where it is mentioned so that the proper context can be established. There aren't that many.
You're a bible follower. :blowpop:

He zips and zings his way out of being held to any standard. Don’t waste your time researching the Bible to argue with ding. He will just make this slippery claim that God was smoking cigars with him and told him that part of the Bible was just a joke. It’s hilarious to watch his flexibility. Christians live by the Bible. Ding lives by what is good and he is against all that is bad. Don’t even try to play the gotcha card on him. God will just tell him that you are wrong and ding is right. Isn’t it uncanny that God never tells ding that he is wrong. Weird.
That's odd cause God keeps bringing me back to all the lessons I didn't learn the first, second and third times.

If you and Taz actually had logical arguments instead of emotional arguments you'd probably be able to convince me but your straw men arguments of what you believe Christians must believe just isn't cutting it.

Your strategy is to systematically deny all evidence that proves God's existence and build straw men arguments for what Christians should believe.

What you and Taz are really crying about is how I routinely kick your asses.

it doesn't matter.
It does if you are after the truth.

The truth is all the rules set out by religions for "good living" are the ones that will earn the rewards of a god.
Wrong. The truth stands on its own and is based upon logical reasons.

Yeah and the reason to follow gods rules is so one can get a reward from god when he dies.
Wrong. That is your conclusion based upon your biases.

No they're not.

They are based on what I heard in churches when I went as a kid, in Sunday school and what I have read in the bible
So... from a child's perspective. Got it. What could possibly go wrong with that?

It hasn't changed.

The bible still promises a reward from god.

Why don't you tell me where it states that there will be no rewards from god no matter how devout a person is.

I’m not going to waste my time looking up the Bible verses but the doctrine of predestination is a belief that God chooses some and rejects others. Their level of devotion to God is irrelevant. But yes the mainstream evangelical Christians accept Jesus Christ as their savior to avoid hell and to gain heaven. It is the basis of their philosophical system. I think if you studied traditional Christianity this would be less of a focus. The modern Christian is mostly motivated by the hedonistic mindset of rewards and punishment.

I agree with your observation but I don’t believe you are analyzing religious texts. You are making your claim based on observation of religious persons.
Your external locus of control is showing.

No, not a magician. Consciousness.
That's it, keep moving the goalposts until you find something that makes sense. But this isn't it. :biggrin:
Just because you perceive God to be some magical fairy tale and skew everything to that end doesn't mean I have to. It's no wonder there is no evidence you will accept for God's existence.

Your (fucked up) perception of God is not my perception of God. My perception of God is consciousness without form. That Mind, rather than emerging as a late outgrowth in the evolution of life, has existed always as the matrix, the source and condition of physical reality. Such that Mind has composed a physical universe that breeds life, and so eventually evolves creatures that know and create. It's not a coincidence that the universe popped into existence hardwired to produce intelligence.

No goal post moving here. This has always been my assertion, dummy.
So where does the vengeful god and the bible come in?
You tell me. I don't read the bible like you guys do.
That's it, add a little smoke while you move the goalposts to and fro.
Because I don't read the Bible like a militant atheist?

I do find it intriguing that Christians hate the Bible and atheists love it.

I used to be a teacher in a Christian school. It was uncanny that I was scolded on more than one occasion for letting kids read the inappropriate parts of the Bible.

Christians will dart and dive and jump over tables and chairs to avoid discussing anything in the Old Testament that isn’t the Ten Commandments.

Christians hate the Bible with a perfect hatred. I continue to scratch my head. There are a fair number of atheists that have actually read the Bible all the way through. Weird. Name two Christians that have read the Bible all the way through.
That's straw man argument #89,112 of yours.

But as I said before I have never ever heard a sermon on heaven and hell.

Dang. I grew up in a Baptist Church in the 80s. I probably wouldn’t be exaggerating if I said over 50% of the sermons I heard mentioned hell as the central theme. Heaven wasn’t as common but yes. I heard about hell a lot.
And apparently you are still unable to think for yourself.

it doesn't matter.
It does if you are after the truth.

The truth is all the rules set out by religions for "good living" are the ones that will earn the rewards of a god.
Wrong. The truth stands on its own and is based upon logical reasons.

Yeah and the reason to follow gods rules is so one can get a reward from god when he dies.
Wrong. That is your conclusion based upon your biases.

No they're not.

They are based on what I heard in churches when I went as a kid, in Sunday school and what I have read in the bible
So... from a child's perspective. Got it. What could possibly go wrong with that?

It hasn't changed.

The bible still promises a reward from god.

Why don't you tell me where it states that there will be no rewards from god no matter how devout a person is.

I’m not going to waste my time looking up the Bible verses but the doctrine of predestination is a belief that God chooses some and rejects others. Their level of devotion to God is irrelevant. But yes the mainstream evangelical Christians accept Jesus Christ as their savior to avoid hell and to gain heaven. It is the basis of their philosophical system. I think if you studied traditional Christianity this would be less of a focus. The modern Christian is mostly motivated by the hedonistic mindset of rewards and punishment.

I agree with your observation but I don’t believe you are analyzing religious texts. You are making your claim based on observation of religious persons.
The theme of salvation, rewards and punishment is pervasive throughout the history of Christianity.

Not that much has changed
You'd think I would have heard a sermon or a reading on it if that were the case. But, nope. Nothing.

I'm so happy I didn't grow up attending westboro. :rolleyes:

It always makes me scratch my head when I read about people not believing in God because He DOESN'T do magical things for them.

No faith. Matthew 17:20

How many mountains have you seen being moved lately? You know somebody would have done it by now if it was possible.
Depends on how you took it. But let's assume it was meant to be taken literally, how do you know what the limit of consciousness is?

Christians crow about how accurate the bible is except for the parts where they need an excuse to ignore it. I'm just saying there aren't any mountains jumping back and forth.
I suspect there may be no passages you would accept. You think it's all fairytales, right?
There is profound wisdom and universal truth to be found in the Bible. I could never compare it with a simple fairy tale. Much of it is true, even if those events depicted never really happened. Unfortunately, the more I studied it, the less reason I found to believe in a loving, all powerful god who does such horrible things.

The concept of a loving all powerful God did not come from the Bible. I’m not sure which Bible the lovey dovey people are reading. Just joking. They aren’t reading it. I knew that already.

God killed the heck out of some people. Murdered hard core for centuries. God was constantly pissed at his chosen people. God even got so pissed off he tortured his son to appease his anger. Yeah. I’m just not following the lovey dovey crowd. I don’t find their ignorance cute or even annoying. I find their ignorance infuriating. Their misrepresentation of God is blatantly opposite of the God in the Bible. It pisses me off to no end. Do these people think they are three years old and unable to handle what their religion is really about? Do they really have to resort to believing things that feel good instead of learning at least a little bit? This is beyond annoying. It is infuriating. I have a perfect hatred for anybody that ignorantly asserts that “God is love”. They must be reading the Precious Moments translation of the Bible.
I wasn't talking about the god that was described in the Bible. I'm talking about the one they have manufactured to meet their fondest wishes. The one they choose to believe is real.
The Gnostics had the same problem as you. :rolleyes:

It always makes me scratch my head when I read about people not believing in God because He DOESN'T do magical things for them.

How many mountains have you seen being moved lately? You know somebody would have done it by now if it was possible.
Depends on how you took it. But let's assume it was meant to be taken literally, how do you know what the limit of consciousness is?

Christians crow about how accurate the bible is except for the parts where they need an excuse to ignore it. I'm just saying there aren't any mountains jumping back and forth.

You haven't kept track of the results of earthquakes I take it?

Show me every verse where it is mentioned so that the proper context can be established. There aren't that many.

He zips and zings his way out of being held to any standard. Don’t waste your time researching the Bible to argue with ding. He will just make this slippery claim that God was smoking cigars with him and told him that part of the Bible was just a joke. It’s hilarious to watch his flexibility. Christians live by the Bible. Ding lives by what is good and he is against all that is bad. Don’t even try to play the gotcha card on him. God will just tell him that you are wrong and ding is right. Isn’t it uncanny that God never tells ding that he is wrong. Weird.
That's odd cause God keeps bringing me back to all the lessons I didn't learn the first, second and third times.

If you and Taz actually had logical arguments instead of emotional arguments you'd probably be able to convince me but your straw men arguments of what you believe Christians must believe just isn't cutting it.

Your strategy is to systematically deny all evidence that proves God's existence and build straw men arguments for what Christians should believe.

"Your strategy is to systematically deny all evidence that proves God's existence". Nobody has shown any. You certainly haven't with your "the universe existing proves it was poofed into existence from nothing by an invisible magician because I say so".

"Your strategy is to systematically deny all evidence that proves God's existence". Nobody has shown any. You certainly haven't with your "the universe existing proves it was poofed into existence from nothing by an invisible magician because I say so".
You are confusing proof with evidence, dummy. The only evidence for a Creator is what was created.

I don't believe in an invisible magician either, dum dum.

You are confusing proof with evidence, dummy. The only evidence for a Creator is what was created.

It's evidence of something, but not your invisible magician who poofed everything into being from nothing. You're delusional from licking hairy balls again.

It's evidence of something, but not your invisible magician who poofed everything into being from nothing. You're delusional from licking hairy balls again.
Again... I don't believe in an invisible magician either, dum dum. But you would have actually had to evaluate the evidence before dismissing it. Let's hear your evaluation, Taz. :popcorn:

Your two dads would be upset to see you disparaging their lifestyle choices, Taz.
Of course you believe in an invisible magician. Don't you claim that the universe started from nothing? Or did you already walk that back somewhere? You shit chewer.

There weren't any specific promises about faith being able to create an earth quake. There were for being able to cast mountains into the sea.

I don’t think God owes us anything if He exists. I do however think that a person claiming God exists and that I should follow that God owes me something along the lines of an apology or some evidence that God is actually interested in me.

Nobody really hates God. We just hate the people who use God’s name to attempt to manipulate us into taking an action that will make that person more comfortable. If God wants something from me then He is powerful enough to say it Himself.

It Is funny though that the third commandment says it is forbidden to use God’s name in vain yet people do it all the time and pretend lying about God wanting me to do this or to do that is God’s work.

It is God’s followers that owe me something. If you say that God wants to know me, then you better make a compelling case as to why God didn’t come tell me Himself. God has never ever ever bothered me. I do get bothered by hearing nonsensical foolishness frequently in my environment. I hear stupid nonsense like I prayed to God and he helped me find my car keys. Yeah. You owe me an apology for obviously, blatantly, wickedly, and hatefully lying to my face. You owe me that if you ever spread lies like that to my ears. God owes me nothing. It’s the liars who follow God that owe me an explanation or an apology for their repeated nonsensical jabbering but no. God don’t owe me anything if that was your question.
Although this was directed to the OP, your answer is valid.

I get the point of God's so-called people.

However, God does speak to you though...if you listen.

There weren't any specific promises about faith being able to create an earth quake. There were for being able to cast mountains into the sea.

tomato tomatoe.

Dude, a few posts ago you expressed the belief that God owes you to prove He exists to you like a trained show pony or something. Or did you forget the lollipop already?

Did I ?

EyogUGjWgAAnSwA

Did I ?
Of course you did.

Now I see why you can't understand why it's evidence for a Creator, you keep thinking of an invisible magician.

Your two dad's are crying because of your homophobia.

Forum List

Back