A Deception of the Last Days

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
For Christians on the thread

I watched a video today where two men were claiming that Jesus was a false prophet. The video can be found at "Broken Promises: Jesus & the second coming." Their claim was that the second coming was believed by 1st Century Christians to come in their lifetime. Since it didn't occur within their lifetime, they consider Jesus to be a false prophet. Their argument argues that in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 after telling of the prophesies that lead up to the second coming, the Lord says:

Matthew 24:34-35
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mark 13:
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.
31 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

Luke 21:32-33
32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33 Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.

The argument is that since that generation has passed away and that the second coming and all the prophecies that lead up to it did not come to pass, Jesus was a false prophet. As a Christian, How would you respond to the logic of this argument? When I have more time, I will post my thoughts on why these men are flawed and do not understand the scriptures.

Last edited:
Was talking with another driver at work who is also an assistant Pastor at his church about this very thing. Jesus Himself DID warn us that nobody BUT God the Father would know the time of His Son's return. But it will happen.
So his son's HaShev (return).

I watched a video today where two men were claiming that Jesus was a false prophet. The video can be found at "Broken Promises: Jesus & the second coming." Their claim was that the second coming was believed by 1st Century Christians to come in their lifetime. Since it didn't occur within their lifetime, they consider Jesus to be a false prophet. Their argument argues that in Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 after telling of the prophesies that lead up to the second coming, the Lord says:

34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mark 13:
30 Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done.

32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.

The argument is that since that generation has passed away and that the second coming and all the prophecies that lead up to it did not come to pass, Jesus was a false prophet. As a Christian, How would you respond to the logic of this argument? When I have more time, I will post my thoughts on why these men are flawed and do not understand the scriptures.
The other argument is they never saw the kingdom as promised, and he caused most of them to get killed not liberated.
All the christ figures used for the compiled image called Jesus failed to be HaSheva (deliverer).
In fact in purposely removed & hidden text ( just like we hide and censor news that harms our false narratives) there is an account in Luke liken to doubting Thomas where Luke "admits" that Jesus wasn't who they "hoped him to be" when he died and failed to liberate them.
John also has an account like that in of all places
John 66:6, which is fitting because Rome created the image of a man to speak behind as the 1 world religion's god above God, as the first fallen imposter messiah made a god aka story of Lucifer.-Ezekiel 28
That's why at the end of Romes compiled mythology they explain who their Jesus is.
In Rev 22:16 Morning Star=Lucifer, look it up in any collegiate dictionary or encyclopedia.

Mark 13:

And revelation took place in that era not a later forecast, can be found by combining Luke 21:24 & Romans 11:25 which by history of that era, shows that Revelation 11:1-3 occurred in aprox 70ad

Was talking with another driver at work who is also an assistant Pastor at his church about this very thing. Jesus Himself DID warn us that nobody BUT God the Father would know the time of His Son's return. But it will happen.
So his son's HaShev (return).
Yep. We refer to it as the Second Advent.
So you are a Sheva (7th) day adventist, observing the Sheva day in rememberance of the name?

Somebody seems to be following Revelations with the Mark of the Beast now rolled out. Already in Israel they are making it almost impossible to do anything with out the COVID injection.

OUTCRY TO THE WORLD FROM ISRAEL ABOUT NWO ENSLAVEMENT OF MANKIND [2021-03-20] - ILANA RACHAEL DANIEL

Somebody seems to be following Revelations with the Mark of the Beast now rolled out. Already in Israel they are making it almost impossible to do anything with out the COVID injection.

OUTCRY TO THE WORLD FROM ISRAEL ABOUT NWO ENSLAVEMENT OF MANKIND [2021-03-20] - ILANA RACHAEL DANIEL

The mark of the beast was permission to buy and sell from the Emperor.

Hardship within the city didn’t impact the rebels nearly as severely as it affected the Jewish civilians. While a “mark” on the hand or forehead was not an actual mark but traditionally was rather a public show of allegiance, such as to God (Ex 13:9, 16), in the Apocalypse, it indicated allegiance to the beast. The ability to buy and sell remained the province and privilege of the rebels who took control of and plundered the city’s treasury. Allegiance to the Judean hierarchy was the hope of eating and surviving. Such was the condition of Jerusalem during the war. Bearing the mark of this beast enabled one to buy and sell.

If they don't know when that will happen, how will they know when to flee the city, as Jesus advised them to do?

Mark 13:

The first "generation" lived nearly 1000 years in some cases. After that God said max 120 'because I cant put up with them longer than that". Thats our "generation".
"Then the LORD said, 'My Spirit will not put up with humans for such a long time, for they are only mortal flesh. In the future, their normal lifespan will be no more than 120 years.'"

If they don't know when that will happen, how will they know when to flee the city, as Jesus advised them to do?

Jesus references the previous Abomination of Desolation under Antiochus IV Epiphanes' desecration of the Temple. When you see it [B[again[/B] Jesus says flee to the mountains. Historians say they did flee to Pella.

Flight to Pella - Wikipedia
The fourth-century church fathers Eusebius and Epiphanius of Salamis cite a tradition that before the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 the Jerusalem Christians had been miraculously warned to flee to Pella in the region of the Decapolis across the Jordan River. The flight to Pella probably did not include the Ebionites. The authenticity of this tradition has been a much debated question sinc…

Jesus references the previous Abomination of Desolation under Antiochus IV Epiphanes' desecration of the Temple. When you see it [B[again[/B] Jesus says flee to the mountains. Historians say they did flee to Pella.

The fourth-century church fathers Eusebius and Epiphanius of Salamis cite a tradition that before the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 the Jerusalem Christians had been miraculously warned to flee to Pella in the region of the Decapolis across the Jordan River. The flight to Pella probably did not include the Ebionites. The authenticity of this tradition has been a much debated question sinc…
That they fled before the tribulation is a historical truth. The Bible also foretells their flight before the tribulation. "Children, it is the last hour" (1 Jn 2:18).

“No one knows,” said Jesus in about the year 30. When Jesus uttered those words, no one knew, not even he. Fast forward thirty-five years later or so, and people knew.

Paul said the same thing:

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. (1 Thes 5:1-4)​

The Christians were not in darkness; the day did not surprise them. Paul reminded the Thessalonians to remain vigilant for the Lord’s reckoning, but he didn’t have to, for they obviously knew in short order that the day and the hour was upon them.

That they fled before the tribulation is a historical truth. The Bible also foretells their flight before the tribulation. "Children, it is the last hour" (1 Jn 2:18).

“No one knows,” said Jesus in about the year 30. When Jesus uttered those words, no one knew, not even he. Fast forward thirty-five years later or so, and people knew.

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. (1 Thes 5:1-4)​

The Christians were not in darkness; the day did not surprise them. Paul reminded the Thessalonians to remain vigilant for the Lord’s reckoning, but he didn’t have to, for they obviously knew in short order that the day and the hour was upon them.

The political climate of the times is illuminating.. The various Jewish factions were fighting each other and the Romans. .. Herodians, Pharisees, Sadducees, (Essenes left for the desert) Zealots, Siccarri...

Herod's granddaughter was the Mistress of Titus.

Recipe for the perfect storm.. You didn't have to be a prophet to see disaster on the horizon.

The elder, Marcus, married Berenice, the granddaughter of Herod. After Marcus died at a young age, Berenice became the mistress of Vespasian’s son, Titus. Julius’ younger son, Tiberius Alexander, inherited his father’s entire estate after the death of Marcus, making him one of the richest men in the world.
Category: Herods - Caesar's Messiah
www.caesarsmessiah.com/blog/category/herods

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. (1 Thes 5:1-4)

The political climate of the times is illuminating.. The various Jewish factions were fighting each other and the Romans. .. Herodians, Pharisees, Sadducees, (Essenes left for the desert) Zealots, Siccarri...

Recipe for the perfect storm.. You didn't have to be a prophet to see disaster on the horizon.
You didn't have to be a prophet, but it did help that you were a believer. For the Christians, world-changing events had been happening in Palestine: the crucifixion and resurrection; Pentecost and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit; mounting tensions in Judea between the Romans and the Jews.

At the crucifixion, when the temple veil ripped in two and darkness filled the land, something formidable and monumental loomed. What to make of it the apostles did not truly know at the time, but they dutifully remained in Jerusalem as their Master directed them (Acts 1:4). They sensed that something big was going to happen in that city, and days later they encountered a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit there, as Jesus said they would (Acts 1:5). Certainly after Pentecost, the saints began to understand more fully and forcefully the events that lay ahead of them; they remembered the words of their Master:

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. (Jn 16:13)​

After his resurrection, Christ told them again that they would understand what was happening when the Holy Spirit came upon them (Acts 1:6-8). After Pentecost and an indwelling by the Holy Spirit, they began to fix the day of reckoning more clearly in their sights.

And by the time Roman soldiers began quartering outside the city walls, this terrible day’s imminence must have been common knowledge among the faithful, as, remembering the Lord’s warning a few years earlier, they made a mass exodus from the city. For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God.

Jesuit End Times Antichrist Deception – End Time Deceptions
In 1909, Scofield published the first edition of his famous ‘ Scofield Reference Bible ‘, which injected large doses of Futurism in the commentaries. This Bible became so popular in American Protestant Bible schools that it was necessary to print literally millions of copies.

Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. (1 Thes 5:1-4)

You didn't have to be a prophet, but it did help that you were a believer. For the Christians, world-changing events had been happening in Palestine: the crucifixion and resurrection; Pentecost and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit; mounting tensions in Judea between the Romans and the Jews.

At the crucifixion, when the temple veil ripped in two and darkness filled the land, something formidable and monumental loomed. What to make of it the apostles did not truly know at the time, but they dutifully remained in Jerusalem as their Master directed them (Acts 1:4). They sensed that something big was going to happen in that city, and days later they encountered a great outpouring of the Holy Spirit there, as Jesus said they would (Acts 1:5). Certainly after Pentecost, the saints began to understand more fully and forcefully the events that lay ahead of them; they remembered the words of their Master:

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come. (Jn 16:13)​

After his resurrection, Christ told them again that they would understand what was happening when the Holy Spirit came upon them (Acts 1:6-8). After Pentecost and an indwelling by the Holy Spirit, they began to fix the day of reckoning more clearly in their sights.

And by the time Roman soldiers began quartering outside the city walls, this terrible day’s imminence must have been common knowledge among the faithful, as, remembering the Lord’s warning a few years earlier, they made a mass exodus from the city. For it is time for judgment to begin at the household of God.

It wasn't just Roman soldiers. Vespasian and Titus commanded Syrians, Egyptians, Arabs and any other foreign soldier who wanted to be a Roman citizen.

That is true but no doubt the Elite have been doing these things for a long time. But now it is on the whole world and not just one country.

Forum List

Back