does God love us?

after killing 3 million people with one virus, it seems to me God is an asshole, if he exists even

I've always looked at it that he if he exists he only involves himself in our lives before we are born and after we are dead,, the rest is up to us. so dying from a virus is no different that being mauled by a tiger,,

• Banned
i need reassurance of some deeper justice, some cadence or rhythm that lurks beneath the heartache and chaos

after killing 3 million people with one virus, it seems to me God is an asshole, if he exists even

Don't blame God. Blame Satan, Adam, and Eve for the sin that causes plague and pestilence on this earth. You were created in God's image and He loves you far more than his own angels. But like it's written in 1 Peter 5:8, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." Don't ever believe that the Devil is not real.

Those people who died of coronavirus had every chance throughout their lifetimes of accepting Christ as their savior. After all, this worldly life may be only 70 or 80 years, but the afterlife is forever.

i need reassurance of some deeper justice, some cadence or rhythm that lurks beneath the heartache and chaos

You'll find comfort and reassurance in the black book called "The Bible." You were given one life and one life only, and that book is the user's manual to that life.

Maimonides responds...

MEN frequently think that the evils in the world are more numerous than the good things, that just isn't the case. He who thinks that he can have flesh and bones without being subject to any external influence, or any of the accidents of matter, unconsciously wishes to reconcile two opposites, viz., to be at the same time subject and not subject to change. If man were never subject to change there could be no generation: there would be one single being, but no individuals forming a species. It would be in vain to expect to see living beings formed of the blood of menstruous women and the semen virile, who will not die, will never feel pain, or will move perpetually, or will shine like the sun. Whatever is formed of any matter receives the most perfect form possible in that species of matter: in each individual case the defects are in accordance with the defects of that individual matter. The best and most perfect being that can be formed of the blood and the semen is the species of man, for as far as man's nature is known, he is living, reasonable, and mortal. It is therefore impossible that man should be free from this species of evil. You will, nevertheless, find that the evils of the above kind which befall man are very few and rare.

It must be admitted as a fact that it cannot be said of God that He directly creates evil, or He has the direct intention to produce evil; this is impossible His works are all perfectly good. He only produces existence, and all existence is good. God is perfect goodness, and that all that comes from Him is absolutely good. Consequently the true work of God is all good, since it is existence. ALL the great evils which men cause to each other because of certain intentions, desires, opinions, or religious principles, are likewise due to non-existence, because they originate in ignorance, which is absence of wisdom. The numerous evils to which individual persons are exposed are due to the defects existing in the persons themselves. We suffer from the evils which we, by our own free will, inflict on ourselves and ascribe them to God, who is far from being connected with them. Man himself is the author of this class of evils. The error of the ignorant goes so far as to say that God's power is insufficient, because He has given to this Universe the properties which they imagine cause these great evils.

What good would it do for the human race to bail us out from ourselves at every turn...The God I hope to find one day is a loving instructor...a teacher....a being that wants the best for me....and what is best for me is to allow me to be in control of my entire life in a world of beauty love good and bad and consequences.....otherwise why bother....

Oh, God exists alright but probably not the way you perceive God. Unless of course you think it was just a coincidence that a universe hardwired to produce intelligence just popped into existence out of nothing. :lol:

Every second of every day that you emerge from your sleep and are able to breath and thrive.....proves God loves you. Your question should then become, do I love God for his blessings and the mercy he's shown me?

Every second of every day that you emerge from your sleep and are able to breath and thrive.....proves God loves you. Your question should then become, do I love God for his blessings and the mercy he's shown me?
hell no

Beer is proof there is a God, and he loves us. Looking for anything more substantial than that? I got nothing.

Forum List

Back