Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

No because God doesn't control our lives in a way that he would do something to me.
Sorry... but the sheer ego of someone who believes that God has such a special relationship with them that he will grant them a miracle while "allowing" millions to suffer incalculably worse situations than yours is some serious ego.
I didn't see any post here that warranted this kind of... malice

If I don't see an ego problem, there's probably not an ego problem.. which I admit sounds egotistical by itself but in any case

I think you are being overly cold and uncaring... God knows why. And I'm sorry but God does control your life IF... big word there.. IF you allow Him to (though not ever detail..?.)

No because God doesn't control our lives in a way that he would do something to me.
Sorry... but the sheer ego of someone who believes that God has such a special relationship with them that he will grant them a miracle while "allowing" millions to suffer incalculably worse situations than yours is some serious ego.
Don't downplay his experiences. He was thrown out of his home on account of mere accusations by his school of him having a gun at school. This suggests a very sad and dysfunctional childhood and irresponsible parents or parent.

There was no crime unless you consider the agent provocateurs crimes. I was beaten because I wouldn't rat out people.

I still have no criminal record and there was a time I communicated with C Level executives of the largest companies in the world and had access to a bank vault, million dollar lines of credits etc.
Try being thrown to the lions like the ancient Christians of old just to entertain the masses.

I was beaten and rendered deaf in one ear due to the "authorities" while had my pants taken down and a stick taken to my groin as a skinny teen. This, on top of false allegations at my school that I had a gun (causing me to be thrown out of my house while in high school) and various efforts for years to entrap and misrepresent me.

Is that direct enough of a response? You tell me what response you'd expect, when an undercover told me "you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride" all because I spoke the truth.
What did you learn from that experience?

I had a horrible childhood. I was in fights every day. My home was so unstable I would joke about being better off kidnapped by gypsies.

That made me the person I needed to be to do what I had to do.

So, how did your experiences shape the person you needed to be today?

This is uplifting...

I have had the true condition of my soul revealed to me... didn't realize how... what's the word? .. how messed up it was. And that was shown to me when I had to get gut level honest w/ God... (which included being angry at Him) ..kind of a long story.. But again, it's been shown to me that if thus and so hadn't happened... other things would not have happened either.. (things like serious gut level conversations w/ God)
Actually being angry with God is a frequent normal stage of grief. I think he forgives us quite easily for that. And yes, once we acknowledge how 'messed up' we are on our own, that can very often encourage us into a deeper more meaningful relationship with God which after all is pretty much all he expects of us.

I had a horrible childhood. I was in fights every day. My home was so unstable I would joke about being better off kidnapped by gypsies.

What did I learn from that experience? That I can't hear you if you scream in my ear and the permanent tinnitus becomes background noise over the years.

There was no crime unless you consider the agent provocateurs crimes. I was beaten because I wouldn't rat out people.

I still have no criminal record and there was a time I communicated with C Level executives of the largest companies in the world and had access to a bank vault, million dollar lines of credits etc.
I'll accept everything you say as the truth, with some caution. I think it's the best tact to use to break through the fog that's been created.

Were you expected to rat out some serious and excessive criminal behaviour?

Are you talking about a Christian school? Are you a first nations person?

I didn't see any post here that warranted this kind of... malice

If I don't see an ego problem, there's probably not an ego problem.. which I admit sounds egotistical by itself but in any case

I think you are being overly cold and uncaring... God knows why. And I'm sorry but God does control your life IF... big word there.. IF you allow Him to (though not ever detail..?.)
Not intended with malice.
Just honest.
I remember the horrible school shooting at Sandy hook.
A parent, whose child was NOT killed, had the audacity to say, in front of parents who were not so fortunate, that she thanked God for saving her child and answering her prayers.
She got a lot of heat online for saying that, and it was well deserved.
Her child was "saved" because they were not in the place where the murderer was shooting, if htey were, they would have been dead too.

Try being thrown to the lions like the ancient Christians of old just to entertain the masses.
people only know the difficulties and persecutions they know... we shouldn't belittle their miseries, much less their asking God "WHY?"

that said, it is good to compare our sufferings w/ those of our Lord or even, as you say, the Christians who went b4 us and gave their lives.. It is a very uplifting thing to remember such... But it is hard to go through things that, for one, you feel no one else has gone through or very few anyway... and worse, no one understands and God seems to have taken a long hike...

I'll accept everything you say as the truth, with some caution. I think it's the best tact to use to break through the fog that's been created.

Were you expected to rat out some serious and excessive criminal behaviour?

Are you talking about a Christian school? Are you a first nations person?

It wasn't an excessive crime, no. Non-violent in nature and I tried to stay silent. I was a kid. Naive, afraid but loyal (as I am today).

So now we're killing more than one bird with one stone, so to speak!

Not intended with malice.
Just honest.
I remember the horrible school shooting at Sandy hook.
A parent, whose child was NOT killed, had the audacity to say, in front of parents who were not so fortunate, that she thanked God for saving her child and answering her prayers.
She got a lot of heat online for saying that, and it was well deserved.
Her child was "saved" because they were not in the place where the murderer was shooting, if htey were, they would have been dead too.
I doubt the woman thought about what she was saying... likely overjoyed that her child hadn't been killed, wasn't even thinking of her words.... so you can hardly say she deserved criticism

What did I learn from that experience? That I can't hear you if you scream in my ear and the permanent tinnitus becomes background noise over the years.
It's a sticky subject. If you did not learn whatever it is you were supposed to learn, you will be faced with the same circumstance over and over, until you do.

people only know the difficulties and persecutions they know... we shouldn't belittle their miseries, much less their asking God "WHY?"

that said, it is good to compare our sufferings w/ those of our Lord or even, as you say, the Christians who went b4 us and gave their lives.. It is a very uplifting thing to remember such... But it is hard to go through things that, for one, you feel no one else has gone through or very few anyway... and worse, no one understands and God seems to have taken a long hike...
I'm not belittling anyone

People need to know that Christians, if waking the Christian life, should suffer to some degree or another for it.

But at the end of the day, we all suffer no matter if we are a Christian or not, so why not make it count?

Matthew 5:12

Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Yep, they persecuted and murdered the prophets of God as well.

None. You're just coasting along.
Are you a scorpio? virgo?

LOL

just kidding... do NOT answer... I don't like astrology... just unfortunately didn't know how bad it was when younger and therefore, learned some things about it that have stuck with me through the years, albeit unwanted..

It wasn't a betrayal at all. It was pushing me through a tight spot.
Trust-in-God-Stories-Dont-Lose-Hope-in-Difficult-Times-Best-Moral-Stories.jpg

~S~

I'm not belittling anyone

People need to know that Christians, if waking the Christian life, should suffer to some degree or another for it.

But at the end of the day, we all suffer no matter if we are a Christian or not, so why not make it count?

We have to be careful how we word things on the i-net because no one can hear an inflection of the voice or see body language.. so I just said that stuff because what you said could be construed as belittling (by some)

Forum List

Back