Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

I've thought that too, except, a life of abuse isn't much of a life, is it?

I've stated on here multiple times that the Book of Job is the best reflection in the bible of my life, it's also the most unusual and out of place writings in the bible.
How do you react to what you think is God's punishment?

I just read a good article about that at Answers in Genesis. Natural disasters haver plagued man since the beginning of time. God doesn't want bad things to happen to us...but we make bad decisions, personally or state or nationally that come back to bite us. We tell God to get out of our business and then blame him when he leaves us alone and bad things happen.

I've never asked God to stay out of my business, not once in my 40+ years on earth and maybe 1000s of conversations and prayers with him. I wanted his guidance and protection, I welcomed it dearly.

Or we are surrounded by evil who justify their actions as "righteous" or "karma". Since they don't fear God they don't feel the weight of consequences for violating norms which men fought and died for.
If you're now choosing to talk about it on your own personal level then that allows me to address your concerns much more directly.
You have to be feeling that the police or government authorities are acting against you for some reason that is on account of them serving your god's purpose.

You're still making the claim that you are free of all blame, and that's a little to hard for others to digest.

And so now, is the god responsible for your troubles or is it still the government authorities to blame?

• Love
Reactions: cnm
I've never asked God to stay out of my business, not once in my 40+ years on earth and maybe 1000s of conversations and prayers with him. I wanted his guidance and protection, I welcomed it dearly.
I thought you were much older than 40, probably because you have more wisdom in your posts than... OK, so it's not such a high bar here at usmb but still...

absolutely, I have felt that way.. and often.

And I don't know if I've ever connected w/ another poster as well as I have w/ you.. for bringing this up
Be cautious of who you identify with. You may find that you've linked to someone who has many undesirable traits!
How did I get through that? It was ugly, at times, to tell the truth.. I mean, some of the things I said to God were just terrible.. I LOL about it now but ...I hate feeling .. things like: that God is not good after all (!).. am wondering: Did you ever feel THAT.. (I can't assume such, so I ask..)

One thing I can say is that as "things" went along in my walk w/ Him... I began to see that.. if this or that had not happened, something I thought was God being against me (egregiously).. then this other thing would not have happened either.. I pray you experience this .. or (and/or) realize that you have experienced it?

Please elaborate/
elaborate how? You want details on how awful the awful stuff in my life has been?

If you are anything like most humans, you would likely blame ME for all those things... and some of it was my fault... the fault of my being a fallen human... aka a sinner. But.. well, I don't know...

I am hesitant to say much about all the awful things I've been through.. I've had more than my share of people judging and condemning me... I guess I'm kind of a wuss at this point...

You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
I take comfort in the Bible passage: "Now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face." I have a list of questions that are unanswerable now. All I ask to take with me from this earthly life is the love I have known and that list so that I can get all those questions cleared up.

In "Fiddler on the Roof" Tevia demonstrates the Biblical admonition to 'pray without ceasing' as he has long conversations with God as he goes around his daily tasks. But even he, devout to the last, but when things were at their worst, he had to question God 'why?' He didn't see it as him being punished. It was those unexplained things that only God knows why.

I think the deeper message of the ancient scriptures is that God does not will bad things to happen to us. But he gave us free will so that we could know his love. That free will also allows us to sin and it is the cumulative sins of humankind that has spoiled God's perfect Creation. Sin is bad because it hurts the sinner and also the innocent whether by sins of commission or omission. Sin has consequences even 'unto the fourth and fifth generations.'

I think that's the way we should look at it and be like Job. No matter how bad it gets we do not curse God and die. And this too shall pass, God will get us through it, and it will be but a fleeting memory in the whole of eternity.

If you're now choosing to talk about it on your own personal level then that allows me to address your concerns much more directly.
You have to be feeling that the police or government authorities are acting against you for some reason that is on account of them serving your god's purpose.

You're still making the claim that you are free of all blame, and that's a little to hard for others to digest.

And so now, is the god responsible for your troubles or is it still the government authorities to blame?

I was beaten and rendered deaf in one ear due to the "authorities" while had my pants taken down and a stick taken to my groin as a skinny teen. This, on top of false allegations at my school that I had a gun (causing me to be thrown out of my house while in high school) and various efforts for years to entrap and misrepresent me.

Is that direct enough of a response? You tell me what response you'd expect, when an undercover told me "you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride" all because I spoke the truth.

No because God doesn't control our lives in a way that he would do something to me.
Sorry... but the sheer ego of someone who believes that God has such a special relationship with them that he will grant them a miracle while "allowing" millions to suffer incalculably worse situations than yours is some serious ego.

yeh... I know what you mean

Also I have wondered: Does God allow us to experience certain things so we will understand better what Jesus endured on the Cross?

Can anything... even very evil things... be terribly bad if they remind us of Jesus on the Cross?
I have always thought that God lets me experience bad things to remind me that I am not nearly as brilliant as I thought I was. God lets me experience tragedy and horror because there is something worse in the future and I will need a well of strength to draw from. God guides me to hard times to remind me to rely on Him.

I take comfort in the Bible passage: "Now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face." I have a list of questions that are unanswerable now. All I ask to take with me from this earthly life is the love I have known and that list so that I can get all those questions cleared up.

In "Fiddler on the Roof" Tevia demonstrates the Biblical admonition to 'pray without ceasing' as he has long conversations with God as he goes around his daily tasks. But even he, devout to the last, but when things were at their worst, he had to question God 'why?' He didn't see it as him being punished. It was those unexplained things that only God knows why.

I think the deeper message of the ancient scriptures is that God does not will bad things to happen to us. But he gave us free will so that we could know his love. That free will also allows us to sin and it is the cumulative sins of humankind that has spoiled God's perfect Creation. Sin is bad because it hurts the sinner and also the innocent whether by sins of commission or omission. Sin has consequences even 'unto the fourth and fifth generations.'

I think that's the way we should look at it and be like Job. No matter how bad it gets we do not curse God and die. And this too shall pass, God will get us through it, and it will be but a fleeting memory in the whole of eternity.
This is uplifting...

I have had the true condition of my soul revealed to me... didn't realize how... what's the word? .. how messed up it was. And that was shown to me when I had to get gut level honest w/ God... (which included being angry at Him) ..kind of a long story.. But again, it's been shown to me that if thus and so hadn't happened... other things would not have happened either.. (things like serious gut level conversations w/ God)

I was beaten and rendered deaf in one ear due to the "authorities" while had my pants taken down and a stick taken to my groin as a skinny teen. This, on top of false allegations at my school that I had a gun (causing me to be thrown out of my house while in high school) and various efforts for years to entrap and misrepresent me.

Is that direct enough of a response? You tell me what response you'd expect, when an undercover told me "you can beat the rap but you can't beat the ride".
Thank you for your confession of what has caused you so much bitterness.

I just wonder if you attribute what has happened to you as the work of your god?

Or is it the work of police who are doing the work of the devil?

Would you like to tell us why the police did what they did? Was it excessive punishment for a petty crime?

I have always thought that God lets me experience bad things to remind me that I am not nearly as brilliant as I thought I was. God lets me experience tragedy and horror because there is something worse in the future and I will need a well of strength to draw from. God guides me to hard times to remind me to rely on Him.

A life of hard times so that God may say "hey, you ready for me to guide you"? I had given myself whole to the point of refusing to betray my vows, I've even been propositioned quite openly, but remained loyal to them.

This doesn't seem a fair result.

your parents should have sued, it seems

Sometimes, but more often than not I feel like I've betrayed God and yet He refuses to leave my side because (I mean this in a good way since I'm like this with friends and family) He's just as stubborn as I am lol

You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
I remember Christ crying out for the Father to spare him from the cross the night before.

Some things you just need to wade through.

get.jpeg

Thank you for your confession of what has caused you so much bitterness.

I just wonder if you attribute what has happened to you as the work of your god?

Or is it the work of police who are doing the work of the devil?

Would you like to tell us why the police did what they did? Was it excessive punishment for a petty crime?

There was no crime unless you consider the agent provocateurs crimes. I was beaten because I wouldn't rat out people.

I still have no criminal record and there was a time I communicated with C Level executives of the largest companies in the world and had access to a bank vault, million dollar lines of credits etc.

Forum List

Back