Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

Why do you think God punished you. Sometimes things happen because of previous choices we made. Sin affects everyone. Regardless, i am sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I don't know that i have ever felt God was punishing me directly...but i recognize that things have happened in my life as a result of my sin. Times like that.....repent and ask God to forgive you...... A good father does not neglect to punish his kids for wrong doing so that they turn out right....am i right?

You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
I think that some people attribute their personal problems to then being the god's punishment, when superstitious beliefs are clearly not the problem.

We could have a closer look at that which could serve as an example, in order to help us decide if the example was due to some personal issue that the Christian might have overlooked.

As an atheist, i don't have that excuse to fall back on and blame for my misfortunes in life.

And fwiiw, I seldom blame it on bad luck either. We make our own luck in most cases.

You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
absolutely, I have felt that way.. and often.

And I don't know if I've ever connected w/ another poster as well as I have w/ you.. for bringing this up

How did I get through that? It was ugly, at times, to tell the truth.. I mean, some of the things I said to God were just terrible.. I LOL about it now but ...I hate feeling .. things like: that God is not good after all (!).. am wondering: Did you ever feel THAT.. (I can't assume such, so I ask..)

One thing I can say is that as "things" went along in my walk w/ Him... I began to see that.. if this or that had not happened, something I thought was God being against me (egregiously).. then this other thing would not have happened either.. I pray you experience this .. or (and/or) realize that you have experienced it?

I think that some people attribute their personal problems to then being the god's punishment, when superstitious beliefs are clearly not the problem.

We could have a closer look at that which could serve as an example, in order to help us decide if the example was due to some personal issue that the Christian might have overlooked.

As an atheist, i don't have that excuse to fall back on and blame for my misfortunes in life.

And fwiiw, I seldom blame it on bad luck either. We make our own luck in most cases.

Or we are surrounded by evil who justify their actions as "righteous" or "karma". Since they don't fear God they don't feel the weight of consequences for violating norms which men fought and died for.

Why do you think God punished you. Sometimes things happen because of previous choices we made. Sin affects everyone. Regardless, i am sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I don't know that i have ever felt God was punishing me directly...but i recognize that things have happened in my life as a result of my sin. Times like that.....repent and ask God to forgive you...... A good father does not neglect to punish his kids for wrong doing so that they turn out right....am i right?
You've been able to move on if you don't think the punishment you received for sinning had something to do with the god being involved.

The OP is thinking just the opposite. He seems to accept the churches' doctrine that the god is responsible for everything that happens.

You've been able to move on if you don't think the punishment you received for sinning had something to do with the god being involved.

The OP is thinking just the opposite. He seems to accept the churches' doctrine that the god is responsible for everything that happens.
I just read a good article about that at Answers in Genesis. Natural disasters haver plagued man since the beginning of time. God doesn't want bad things to happen to us...but we make bad decisions, personally or state or nationally that come back to bite us. We tell God to get out of our business and then blame him when he leaves us alone and bad things happen.

Many times. After my storm passes and I look upon the betrayal in hindsight, it really was the best thing. It wasn't a betrayal at all. It was pushing me through a tight spot.
yeh... I know what you mean

Also I have wondered: Does God allow us to experience certain things so we will understand better what Jesus endured on the Cross?

Can anything... even very evil things... be terribly bad if they remind us of Jesus on the Cross?

God doesn't owe me anything, I owe him all. That's something I try to keep in mind.
I've thought that too, except, a life of abuse isn't much of a life, is it?

I've stated on here multiple times that the Book of Job is the best reflection in the bible of my life, it's also the most unusual and out of place writings in the bible.

Why wouldn't God be involved if you receive punishment for specifically sinning?

I just read a good article about that at Answers in Genesis. Natural disasters haver plagued man since the beginning of time. God doesn't want bad things to happen to us...but we make bad decisions, personally or state or nationally that come back to bite us. We tell God to get out of our business and then blame him when he leaves us alone and bad things happen.

LOL

true enough

Forum List

Back