Zone1 Satan

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
So the only punishment Satan ever got from God, was banishment. Which is weird because God created him and knew this would happen.. anyway..
There is no other punishment for Satan, if you even call that a punishment.
But this loving God will punish his creation, that he supposedly loves, while not punishing Satan? He punished the tempted, not the tempter...
Doesnt that seem a bit messed up to you?
Can anyone explain this?

God has ordered genocide ad nauseum, including children. Killed animals. Burned cities. Flooded the planet..
Satan has done what? Tempted someone to cheat on their wife? Tempted someone to kill another?
Who is really the bad guy here guy here?

So the only punishment Satan ever got from God, was banishment. Which is weird because God created him and knew this would happen.. anyway..
But this loving God will punish his creation, that he supposedly loves, while not punishing Satan? He punished the tempted, not the tempter...
Can anyone explain this?

Here's kind of the problem. YOu are conflating the Bible with Milton's Paradise Lost.

Satan is barely mentioned in the Old Testament at all. (The word Lucifer is, but that's a mistranslation of Morningstar)

Here's kind of the problem. YOu are conflating the Bible with Milton's Paradise Lost.

Satan is barely mentioned in the Old Testament at all. (The word Lucifer is, but that's a mistranslation of Morningstar)

The entire Christian religion is built around God is love and Satan is evil.

Can anyone explain this?
Without Lucifer walking the Earth, then man wouldnt have "CHOICE".

How is it that the EVIL of the leftists allow murderers, child molesters and rapists live till their end of times, but then want innocent unborn and born babies executed because Mommy said so?

As with all mythology, it was written by people trying to explain things far too complicated to understand.

I know there is a God, I'm confident He came to earth as Jesus to straighten us out, but I seriously don't believe He gives an angel's ass what belief system is followed as long as the individual seeks to be GOOD. There are those who clearly seek to do evil shit, and those motivated by more than simple self preservation who endeavor to thwart them.

I suspect that he asked God for too many favors. ;)
Lucifer got kicked out, because he got jealous of Man. And then because of that green streak of Lucifer, he got the best looking woman in the world, to screw over the most gullible man in the world. The rest is history.

So you can't. Because it's logical.
No, your straw man isn't my belief. My belief is that God does not destroy what he creates. That one is either eternally united with God or eternally separated from God.

But do you really need to gen up straw men not to believe?

Not my take on that account. So, straw man #2.

I'm going to call you butter because you are on a roll.

No, your straw man isn't my belief. My belief is that God does not destroy what he creates. That one is either eternally united with God or eternally separated from God.

But do you really need to gen up straw men not to believe?
So you don't believe in the flood, genocide, or hell? Lol

Can anyone explain this?
In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we believe that the intelligence of man has always existed. It was not created or made, neither indeed can be. We also believe that the elements in the universe are also self-existent.

Doctrine and Covenants 93:29,33
29 Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be.
33 For man is spirit. The elements are eternal, and spirit and element, inseparably connected, receive a fulness of joy;

Through the process of procreation through an immortal being who is known as God the Father, the inseparable union of intelligence and element have been formed into an immortal spirit that can never be annihilated. All of our spirits are immortal and can never be annihilated. Once a being is resurrected, his physical body will become immortal can never be destroyed. Thus God's creations can never be completely destroyed. God created all things spiritually before he created them naturally upon the earth.

Moses 3:4-5
4 And now, behold, I say unto you, that these are the generations of the heaven and of the earth, when they were created, in the day that I, the Lord God, made the heaven and the earth,
5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew. For I, the Lord God, created all things, of which I have spoken, spiritually, before they were naturally upon the face of the earth. For I, the Lord God, had not caused it to rain upon the face of the earth. And I, the Lord God, had created all the children of men; and not yet a man to till the ground; for in heaven created I them; and there was not yet flesh upon the earth, neither in the water, neither in the air;

Our spirits are immortal and upon all mankind's resurrection our bodies will also become immortal to never die again. So if God created us to eventually be immortal, both spirit and body, then what punishment other than banishment from heaven would you expect? As D&C 93:33 above states, spirit and element inseparably connected is capable of receiving a fullness of joy. In our premortal existence as the spirit children of God the Father, our spirits were formed by bringing together self-existing spirit matter with self-existing intelligence to form our immortal spirits in the very image of God the Father and Jesus Christ. Our spirits are the very literal immortal offspring of God the Father.

Acts 17:28-29
28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man’s device.

Hebrews 12:9
9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

The second death is a banishment of a spirit to a kingdom or world without glory. It is also known as Outer Darkness or Perdition. It has been likened to a lake of fire and brimstone where worm never dieth. This is the punishment of Satan and his angels and all those who give themselves over to the devil in this life. It is the ultimate punishment of the wicked and is the worst possible punishment. All others will find themselves in a kingdom of glory. Those who choose righteousness and truth will go to the highest of kingdoms where God himself resides known as the kingdom of heaven or the Celestial Kingdom.

So basically, most all of us will not suffer the same damnation as Satan and his angels who rebelled against God in the War in Heaven. They will go to kingdoms of glory depending on how they fair in the day of judgement. (see Doctrine and Covenants 76)

Can anyone explain this?
It’s the yin and yang. God created satan because you can’t have the light without darkness. Satan is a necessity to virtue.

Can anyone explain this?
:desk:
God gave Adam dominion over the earth. Adam relinquished dominion of the earth to Satan. Satan had to own it or he couldn't have tempted Jesus with it:
Luke 4:5-7 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said unto him, "All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine".

God is 100% just and honored the transfer from Adam, but it's time is limited. Then He and Jesus Christ pulled an end around and came here to fulfill the Law for the Jews, and remove our sin, and as a gift to us, He gave us His perfect record to enter Heaven with so Satan couldn't use our sin to condemn us:
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus

Christ is going to war with Satan and will sentence him to the Lake of Fire for eternal torment at the White Throne Judgment. God is going to make sure that Satan gets everything that is coming to him, for eternity. That is Just. And He forgives us while we are committing sin, to prevent it from separating us from Him. That is mercy.

Hebrews 8:12 For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more." And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.

And like any good Father, He never abandoned Adam and Eve, but their punishment for disobedience was legit. They had to be thrown out of Eden, because the Tree of Life was still there, and off limits.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain this?
He will be thrown into the pit of hell.

St. Augustine described Satan perfectly:
He has refused to accept reality and in his arrogant pride presumes to counterfeit an unreality.

but I seriously don't believe He gives an angel's ass what belief system is followed as long as the individual seeks to be GOOD
So in other words you have made up your own god. Being “good” on its own isn’t going to get anyone into heaven, this is because no one can be good enough to meet those standards. It would mean you have to live a completely sinless life, and not even think in a sinful way. Even mother Teresa cannot get into Heaven on her own, she would still need the mercy of God and thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus. The wages of sin is death, not good deeds. So you can choose to take that death yourself in hell, or accept that Jesus already died for you and accept that fact.

Forum List

Back