Zone1 Do you ever feel betrayed by God?

You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
Well, God of the Old Testament wasn't exactly a touchy feely person with all that fire and brimstone, sulfuric rain, plagues and the like.

As for the rest of your question, I am reminded of Ranier Rilke's quote: "Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final."

Well, God of the Old Testament wasn't exactly a touchy feely person with all that fire and brimstone, sulfuric rain, plagues and the like.

As for the rest of your question, I am reminded of Ranier Rilke's quote: "Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final."

I just hope Americans pay attention and don't jump to conclusions, you do NOT want to be like Canada.

LOL

what???

?
I'm a retired EMT NMF

I was also raised roman catholic

not a very good mix , you see

being an emt isn't hard, it's being witness to the sick and injured that is hard

one of the things that gets under one's skin is 'why do bad things happen to good people'?

well they do, and many times we felt God betrayed them

so you see, as i did, that i was not as strong a soul in the face of humanities darker moments to think this way

~S~

You pray, you try and walk the righteous path but God punished you. Have you felt this way? If so, how do you overcome the feeling?
Why blame our Maker for my bungles in life? That would be like blaming my momma for giving birth to me. "If so, how do you overcome the feeling?" Simple, I just think of judgement day, which considering a good 28 yrs. of my life on the wild side of things, I simply cannot afford. I took the free insurance policy from the Mutual of Messiah so I don't have to stand in line on judgement day to face my Accuser, but use the VIP entrance to meet my Boss on good terms!

I just hope Americans pay attention and don't jump to conclusions, you do NOT want to be like Canada.

I've yet to meet an American who wished they were Canadian. I could possibly tolerate living in Toronto but that would be about it.

Sounds like you've been a victim your whole life.

From birth. I was first jumped by two 13 year olds when I was 8.

If the covert police had left me to my own devices I would be successful today. Revenge and CYA takes precedence over truth and good policing.

Now my wife is supposed to help them as I have been abused for 15 years and too afraid to call the police. I am reminded why today as I have yet to hear from them and my wife is removed from the home.

From birth. I was first jumped by two 13 year olds when I was 8.

If the covert police had left me to my own devices I would be successful today. Revenge and CYA takes precedence over truth and good policing.

Now my wife is supposed to help them as I have been abused for 15 years and too afraid to call the police. I am reminded why today as I have yet to hear from them and my wife is removed from the home.

What the hell are convert police?

one of the things that gets under one's skin is 'why do bad things happen to good people'?

well they do, and many times we felt God betrayed them

so you see, as i did, that i was not as strong a soul in the face of humanities darker moments to think this way

~S~
to think what way?

I get the gist of what you are saying. I'm glad you're retired. I admire your past work, as I couldn't do it... I cannot tolerate seeing people all mangled and bloody.. I have ptsd and have for a long time, so there's that.. but never did like scenes like that.. although in a pinch I think I could do amazing things to save someone's life..

Thanks for sharing all you've shared because, while I've known for a long time I don't want the US to be like Canada... you've made it abundantly clear why we do not want that.. not one damn bit. Why don't u move to the US (not that we're godawful perfect... to be sure)

Thanks for sharing all you've shared because, while I've known for a long time I don't want the US to be like Canada... you've made it abundantly clear why we do not want that.. not one damn bit. Why don't u move to the US (not that we're godawful perfect... to be sure)

My sharing is about truth, I am not a criminal. My wife has been charged and now they will try and paint me as the devil. I am quite confused. I try and remain logical but it's very difficult.

My sharing is about truth, I am not a criminal. My wife has been charged and now they will try and paint me as the devil. I am quite confused. I try and remain logical but it's very difficult.
what has your wife been charged with?

Is there any way you can move?

Forum List

Back