Conservatives give more to charity than liberals, even though liberals generally earn more

notmyfault2020

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2022

So much for the myth of liberals being "compassionate." But I have known for an awfully long time that they are not charitable people. They want big gov programs for the poor only for POLITICAL power. They want the poor vote.

Why don't the Rs go after the poor vote, by the way?

Do they just automatically figure the poor are not going to vote R? Defeatist attitude. I have met people on govt assistance who are R because of the pro-life issue and/or some other issue (s).

No American group should be written off as potentially voting for the party!

not one group. If such groups are written off, everyone will notice. I sometimes wonder how many people just .. shall we say carelessly vote for Ds just bc.. they KNOW someone on govt assistance and think maybe they are helping such people? I don't know.. never took any survey but u can't help but wonder about such..

• Banned
The left want someone ELSE to pay. Individually they are cheapskates, half the time they don't even leave a tip.
easy to be generous w/ other people's money.. esp when you want to spend it on your own little ideologically-correct bs like "climate change"

Climate has been changing ever since it was created who-knows-how-long ago

BS City

carbon monoxide, i have heard, is found naturally in the atmosphere, was not brought to us by autombiles, non-electric.

And as someone else here has pointed out, it would TRILLIONS of dollars to enable everyone, or even most people having an electric car. The grid cannot handle it.

Loonytunes in charge.. :rolleyes:

So much for the myth of liberals being "compassionate." But I have known for an awfully long time that they are not charitable people. They want big gov programs for the poor only for POLITICAL power. They want the poor vote.

Do they just automatically figure the poor are not going to vote R? Defeatist attitude. I have met people on govt assistance who are R because of the pro-life issue and/or some other issue (s).

not one group. If such groups are written off, everyone will notice. I sometimes wonder how many people just .. shall we say carelessly vote for Ds just bc.. they KNOW someone on govt assistance and think maybe they are helping such people? I don't know.. never took any survey but u can't help but wonder about such..

Republican donations to "charity" are generally donations made to their churches, not charitable causes. Mormans tithe 10% of their income to the Church which is why the Mormon Church as a billion dollars in trust, none of which is being used to help the poor.

Every dollar that went into the collection plate at my church, goes t pay for heat, electricity and the Minister's salary and housing allowance. If not for the $250,000 trust fund and elderly parishioners dying and leaving us money in their wills, we would have closed years ago.

So when you take out Church donations, Republicans contibuted LESS to real charities which are helping the poor, than the Democrats. And they seem to think no other social spending is needed.

• Banned
Republican donations to "charity" are generally donations made to their churches, not charitable causes. Mormans tithe 10% of their income to the Church which is why the Mormon Church as a billion dollars in trust, none of which is being used to help the poor.

Every dollar that went into the collection plate at my church, goes t pay for heat, electricity and the Minister's salary and housing allowance. If not for the $250,000 trust fund and elderly parishioners dying and leaving us money in their wills, we would have closed years ago.

So when you take out Church donations, Republicans contibuted LESS to real charities which are helping the poor, than the Democrats. And they seem to think no other social spending is needed.
well, I cannot refute this. I have seen in my own Church (what used to be my Church...) how money flows in but rarely outward toward those in the Church who need it.

There have been some notable exceptions but they are rather rare.

Still.. the point was not that Rs couldn't give more or give to more worthy causes.. The point is that libs are hypocrites and personally, do not give $$ much..

But they can sure give money to their cronies (through govt/private enterprises)... taxpayer money. . such an easy thing to do.. spend others' money. Plus they LIE saying they "care"

Please...

They care about power (and having all the goodies life appears to offer, save the goodies in the spiritual realm..)

I'm no paragon of generosity but I do pay lots in taxes and I'm happy to have some of that money go to people in need.

The skeptic in me wonders about the numbers here. Is money given to a church considered giving to charity?

well, I cannot refute this. I have seen in my own Church (what used to be my Church...) how money flows in but rarely outward toward those in the Church who need it.

There have been some notable exceptions but they are rather rare.

Still.. the point was not that Rs couldn't give more or give to more worthy causes.. The point is that libs are hypocrites and personally, do not give $$ much..

But they can sure give money to their cronies (through govt/private enterprises)... taxpayer money. . such an easy thing to do.. spend others' money. Plus they LIE saying they "care"

Please...

They care about power (and having all the goodies life appears to offer, save the goodies in the spiritual realm..)

No, the point was to make the false claim that Republicans care about the poor people. When that was proven to be false, you're trying to move the goal posts.

This same thread was posted a couple of weeks ago with the same results.

What's really amazing is that you don't realize how contradictory your post is. :laughing0301:

• Banned
No, the point was to make the false claim that Republicans care about the poor people. When that was proven to be false, you're trying to move the goal posts.

This same thread was posted a couple of weeks ago with the same results.
show a post or thread I've done that says Republicans (or Dimrats) care about the poor.

Good luck

I didn't move any goal posts but I know how leftists love to ACCUSE ACCUSE ACCUSE

while they refuse to look at the nefarious they look at every morning in the mirror... while preparing to meet the world with more of their lies and deceptions in tow

I'm no paragon of generosity but I do pay lots in taxes and I'm happy to have some of that money go to people in need.

The skeptic in me wonders about the numbers here. Is money given to a church considered giving to charity?
money that goes to churches
that goes to gummit

none of it --or very little, it seems--is spent on putting a roof over people's head or providing a place to take a shower. (I am not talking about providing this stuff absolutely free. For one thing nothing is free..)

Then people wonder why people living on the streets are not hired by persnickity employers who don't want smelly, disheveled- looking applicants/employees.. and they of course get their way in this all the time bc they can always hire those who already have a place to clean up and nice and spiffy looking @ the interviews, etc..

and the beat goes on

Why not? The charity raised in my synagogue goes to everything from local food drives to major heart operations internationally.

show a post or thread I've done that says Republicans (or Dimrats) care about the poor.

Good luck

I didn't move any goal posts but I know how leftists love to ACCUSE ACCUSE ACCUSE

while they refuse to look at the nefarious they look at every morning in the mirror... while preparing to meet the world with more of their lies and deceptions in tow
:oops8:There goes Dragonlady. Buh-bye.

Why not? The charity raised in my synagogue goes to everything from local food drives to major heart operations internationally.
No doubt but of every $1 given to your synagogue, how much goes to local food drives and major heart operations internationally. Sorry but IMHO, churches and synagogues of themselves are not charities. You donate $ and you get back religious services. Nothing bad in that but it is for you not for others.

No doubt but of every $1 given to your synagogue, how much goes to local food drives and major heart operations internationally. Sorry but IMHO, churches and synagogues of themselves are not charities. You donate $ and you get back religious services. Nothing bad in that but it is for you not for others.
I have had.. (See Religion section) so many problems with the novus ordo (NO) Church and one of those is that I have no idea where their $$ is spent.. I was once in need years ago of assistance and did NOT get helped. Yet it seems they can always help illegals.

doesn't seem too Christian to help foreigners breaking the law and yet neglecting members of your own Church (used to be member).. just sayin

Last edited:
No, it’s two separate things. We don’t “donate” and get religious services (and all related expenses to maintain them). We pay dues.

The donations are separate, and when we have charity drives, it always has a specific purpose attached. It’s either for a food drive for the community. Or money raised to help Ukranians who lost them homes. Or money raised to help support the Save-a-Heart Foundation.

You wrongly, as many liberals do, discount the money given to religious organizations by questioning their value as true charity.

Now we are even going to fight over what political party members give more money towards helping those in need? Shame on us.

The fact is that liberals justify their lower levels of giving by saying “my taxes provide.” The point is Republicans are paying tax, too, and ALSO giving to charity.

Without question, the cheapest people I know are liberals who, ironically, go on and on about how conservatives don’t help the poor.

How do they determine this stuff? Nobody offers their political affiliation when they donate to charity. The link offers no solid evidence, just apparently the opinion of someone named Dr. Land.

Forum List

Back