Former Justice Stephen Breyer says that if you interpret the Constitution they way it reads, it will give us a Constitution we do not want.

I have said all this to say this, there will always be an element of society that believes our rights come from God and not Potato head. That means that no matter what man says, there will be a value placed on man as being equal, no matter their race, sex, or gestational development. This is the rub former justices like Breyer cannot wrap their minds around. I could care less what he thinks, but if the truth be known, the reverse is true. If there was a consensus that abortion was bad, Breyer and his minions would be fighting to change public opinion on the issue.

And the Left will never admit this, but there is also a contingent of non-religious people who are concerned about the issue of abortion. After all, when does a human become a human? This is never asked. This is never attempted to be answered. Why? Because that my friends is opening a whole bag of worms, a bag the Left can never win. It is the same question that was asked of the slave, are the equals? Are they really human?

That is the rub that no court ruling, constitutional amendment, or legislation can ever fix or be agreed upon. The dirty little secret is, neither side really gives a damn what the Constitution has to say about it. If it disagrees with them, they will "fix" it.

So, deal with it and stop your whining!!!

It will forever be an open wound upon society
No , equality never meant that. And it came from the states first.
THomas G West's study of the Founnding : " “almost all of the men and women of the founding generation believed that all men and women are created equal.” SO YOU ARE WAAAAAY OFF THERE>.

Yes he was talkinig about the need to amend it, to deal with modern issues and problems.
Learn to read
The journalist asked Breyer about his point in the book warning about "originalism," noting that Breyer has called this lens of interpretation "inherently ‘regressive,’" writing that it "will not permit modern solutions to modern problems" as well as consigning "us to a set of views and values that predominated during a period when many groups of people today were not equal citizens."

Forum List

Back