Brian Sandoval, Republican governor of Nevada, is being vetted for Supreme Court vacancy

Sandoval is mostly a puppet for show....the Republicans will never confirm him and the Democrats don't have much interests in seeing him confirmed....but it will piss a lot of people off that the Republicans block him so obtusely (ie hispanics).

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

Republican governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval being considered for Supreme Court

I dont know where you get this '...and republicans would have to confirm him.'

Republicans have been trying to get their Congresscritters to do what they are supposed to do for decades now and it hasnt worked yet.

How are they going to reject a sitting Republican governor and explain that one?
They'll dig up or make up some scandal.

I wonder what dirt Obama has on this guy.
You better sweat. Sandoval is far more socially liberal than even Scalia as a wild altar boy.
I don't give a damn about how a SC justice feels about social issues, I care about how they feel about the rule of law as it pertains to the Constitution. If Obama appoints somebody, it's gonna be an activist who legislates from the bench and he/she should be blocked by the Senate.

Any Republican who allows him/her self to be nominated has proven him/her not just incompetent but downright stupid so should be given even less consideration than an openly liberal puppet.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

It does to a right winger who cares more about being an obstruction to the president than helping the country.

Any Republican who allows him/her self to be nominated has proven him/her not just incompetent but downright stupid so should be given even less consideration than an openly liberal puppet.
It is the Supreme Court. Who the fuck would turn down a Supreme Court nomination?

It is the Supreme Court. Who the fuck would turn down a Supreme Court nomination?

Perhaps one who understands he/she is simply being manipulated?

I wonder what dirt Obama has on this guy.

Sandoval is an Obamacare proponent. He isn't as pro-abortion as the lefties make out, but he isn't pro-live either.

The real question is whether he support the Bill of Rights and will stand against the other Obama appointees as they work to end civil rights.

How are they going to reject a sitting Republican governor and explain that one?

Does Sandoval support the 1st Amendment? Does he support the 2nd?

Will he stand up to Ginsburg and Kagan as they try to end civil rights?

These are the critical questions.

He vetoed a gun control bill that came through a couple of years ago when the Democrats controlled the legislature.

I don't give a damn about how a SC justice feels about social issues, I care about how they feel about the rule of law as it pertains to the Constitution. If Obama appoints somebody, it's gonna be an activist who legislates from the bench and he/she should be blocked by the Senate.

Sandoval has a judicial record, has he supported the law in the past?

Perhaps one who understands he/she is simply being manipulated?
He's only being manipulated if his own party doesn't vote for him.

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

The GOP Senators just signed a pledge that they won't be looking at anyone put forward by President Obama. But that does sound like a fair choice to me. Too bad his own party plans on rejecting him sight unseen.
They may go for it. The GOP congress are a bunch of spineless whiners.

They sure are.

And that's why our Trump attack dog is firing their asses.

You all may keep the White House as a result. But fuck it. We'd rather have a Democrat president to blame than a RINO to defend and be disappointed by.

We're tearing the GOP DC establishment apart for better or worse.

Sandoval has a judicial record, has he supported the law in the past?
Obama has a record too, a record of only appointing people who are willing to subvert the Constitution. I don't trust anything he does.

The GOP Senators just signed a pledge that they won't be looking at anyone put forward by President Obama. But that does sound like a fair choice to me. Too bad his own party plans on rejecting him sight unseen.
They may go for it. The GOP congress are a bunch of spineless whiners.

They sure are.

And that's why our Trump attack dog is firing their asses.

You all may keep the White House as a result. But fuck it. We'd rather have a Democrat president to blame than a RINO to defend and be disappointed by.

We're tearing the GOP DC establishment apart for better or worse.
Okay...

Sandoval, if nominated and rejected or worse not even considered, can tip the vote in the Senate to the Dems.

Forum List

Back