Brian Sandoval, Republican governor of Nevada, is being vetted for Supreme Court vacancy

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

Republican governor of Nevada Brian Sandoval being considered for Supreme Court

I dont know where you get this '...and republicans would have to confirm him.'

Republicans have been trying to get their Congresscritters to do what they are supposed to do for decades now and it hasnt worked yet.

How are they going to reject a sitting Republican governor and explain that one?
When has the Republican Congressional leadership ever explained anything?

Obama trolls these guys every single time. I'd say he must be good, but the reality may be that McConnell is really that bad. LOL

Every gop senator running will have to answering why he wouldn't hold hearings, let alone, vote on a republican governor whom W put in as a federal judge.

Obama trolls these guys every single time. I'd say he must be good, but the reality may be that McConnell is really that bad. LOL

Every gop senator running will have to answering why he wouldn't hold hearings, let alone, vote on a republican governor whom W put in as a federal judge.
It is simply amazing how they could have walked right into that door.....not seeing it coming.

It is simply amazing how they could have walked right into that door.....not seeing it coming.

It's even better. The guy took the Medicaid money for Obamacare and is pro-choice and doesn't seem to mind gays.

Yep and I imagine that's the last thing Republican incumbent Senators in states like Illinois, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin want to be doing.

Nominate him, let the Senate obstruct,

Democrats win presidency and Senate in November, Obama withdraws his name, and the new president picks a big time liberal in his place and use the Senate majority to confirm him/her.

I have a difficult time seeing Obama appointing a Republican to the court. Democrats would lose their shit over it and the Republicans would have to confirm him.

A centralist would be nice. The GOP should support this nomination.

If Clinton wins and they capture the senate we could see the most radical SCJ ever. With Kagan, Sotomayor, Ginsburg, Breyer and the Clinton pick, there would be drastic rulings by this SCOTUS. It would be bad.

They could capture all 3 branches of the government.

They've already signed a pledge saying they will hold no confirmation hearings until January 2017. No matter what.

Good News- Senate GOP Will Deny Obama Supreme Court Nominee Hearings

That's assuming he appoints a liberal. If he appoints a Republican, particularly a sitting governor, all bets on that so-called pledge are off

Seems like a moderate. Socially liberal, fiscally conservative. Fine by me.
I just can't get past every time I hear Barry speak I have to take dump...

You must be pretty Full of It, huh?

ailes-pjj-315.jpg

Fox Analyst Repeatedly Denounces GOP Obstruction

The Fox News analyst who reportedly serves as network chairman Roger Ailes' personal attorney and on-air "mouthpiece," has repeatedly urged Senate Republicans not to proceed with their unprecedented strategy to obstruct President Obama's forthcoming Supreme Court nominee.

Actually, I was outraged at first. Now, I think it would be a gift to the Democratic Party! STUPID REPUBLICANS!

I have zero confidence Obama's rigid ideology would ever allow him to nominate a true moderate, but if he did, it would be a brilliant political move.

A true moderate? That's an awesome phrase. I have a sneaky suspicion that you and I would not agree on what that means.

Both Kagan and Sotomayor are moderate liberal justices.

Obama's "rigid ideology" allowed him to nominate them.

What exactly has he been rigid about?
Pretty much everything. And yes, we would disagree on what is a moderate. A moderate to me is someone who would put aside race, gender, economic status, sexual preference, etc, and focus on whether a law is really constitutional. IOW, not an activist.

A true moderate? That's an awesome phrase. I have a sneaky suspicion that you and I would not agree on what that means.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a fucking dope.

If Kagan is "moderate," just what defines an ideologue?

Kagan is a Marxist, exactly what is expected of Obama. Kagan is dedicated to ending the Constitution.

Sotomayor is a moron, put on the court to woo Hispanics. She does whatever Kagan tells her to do.

Kagan and Ginsburg are ultra, radical left. Kagan is left of Ginsburg, which is damned hard to do.

A centralist would be nice. The GOP should support this nomination.

If Clinton wins and they capture the senate we could see the most radical SCJ ever. With Kagan, Sotomayor, Ginsburg, Breyer and the Clinton pick, there would be drastic rulings by this SCOTUS. It would be bad.

They could capture all 3 branches of the government.
None with the slim possibility of Sontomayor could hang with Brennan or Douglas. But it would be a big change. I don't discount the Donald's ability to win this thing. And if the gop did the safe (and right) thing and confirmed this guy if nominated, it would work to the dems favor in that they'd have 6 votes for Obamacare, and they guy is prochoice. Not that the gop Justices will ever really do away with Roe, but Ginsburg and Breyer are old, and we still have states like Miss, Texan and Kan that are adamantly trying to regulated abortion out of their states.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a fucking dope.

If Kagan is "moderate," just what defines an ideologue?

Kagan is a Marxist, exactly what is expected of Obama. Kagan is dedicated to ending the Constitution.

Sotomayor is a moron, put on the court to woo Hispanics. She does whatever Kagan tells her to do.

Kagan and Ginsburg are ultra, radical left. Kagan is left of Ginsburg, which is damned hard to do.

You are a loon. I would assume a HUGE Trump supporter?

I have zero confidence Obama's rigid ideology would ever allow him to nominate a true moderate, but if he did, it would be a brilliant political move.

Pretty much everything. And yes, we would disagree on what is a moderate. A moderate to me is someone who would put aside race, gender, economic status, sexual preference, etc, and focus on whether a law is really constitutional. IOW, not an activist.

I believe that Sotomayor and Kagan do exactly that.

2nd Amendment applies to individuals
As a former Federal Judge, I [Brian Sandoval] respect the rule of law. I strongly believe that the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals. I believe that all citizens have a right to firearms for sporting and self-defense purposes. I also support concealed carry laws. Source: 2010 Gubernatorial campaign site briansandoval.com, "Issues" , Nov 2, 2010

Brian Sandoval on Gun Control
Works for me. But it is also the main reason Obama likely will not appoint him, and democrats won't confirm him.

As a former Federal Judge, I [Brian Sandoval] respect the rule of law. I strongly believe that the 2nd Amendment applies to individuals. I believe that all citizens have a right to firearms for sporting and self-defense purposes. I also support concealed carry laws. Source: 2010 Gubernatorial campaign site briansandoval.com, "Issues" , Nov 2, 2010

Works for me. But it is also the main reason Obama likely will not appoint him, and democrats won't confirm him.
Nah. The individual right's a done deal. No going back now. Imo it was the right decision. But also back in the day places like Dodge City really did have no carry laws. Jus sayin.

Silly.

Outside of the judicial activism that Scalia brought in 2008...there have been no major shifts in gun policy in this nation for decades.

While i believe that the self defense excuse is stupid...and does not in any way align with an originalist interpretation of the USC, that issue alone is not enough for me....or many libs...to rule this guy out.

You see.....time is on our side. In time...we will have some sensible firearms legislation and it will survive challenge. I'll still have my gun and so will you. But we'll both be held accountable for them and any damage that results from their use.

Forum List

Back