BREAKING: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announces he will not run again...

Matt Lauer asked Jeff Flake repeatedly if it would be better if Hillary had won. He didn't answer the question.

Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

Arizona's Jeff Flake announces he will not seek re-election to U.S. Senate

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

It also likely will upend the race for Flake's seat.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

'Here's the bottom line ...'
Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

"This spell will pass, but not by next year," Flake said.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."
He's a pussy and got caught up in a scandal and is being quietly asked to not seek re-election. If he had any balls, and integrity, he'd fight, but he has neither. He's as corrupt as John McCain his RINO mentor.

Jeff THE FAKE FLAKE has no choice but to bow out. He'll be lucky to even finish his term.

Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."
He's a pussy and got caught up in a scandal and is being quietly asked to not seek re-election. If he had any balls, and integrity, he'd fight, but he has neither. He's as corrupt as John McCain his RINO mentor.

Jeff THE FAKE FLAKE has no choice but to bow out. He'll be lucky to even finish his term.

Why will he "be lucky to even finish his term"? Are you saying that something is going to happen to remove him from office? Sorry, there's not enough time to run a recall election, he only has a bit over a year left to serve.

"It's like you’re back in junior high. ... We've got a job to do, damn it, and so all of this nonsense, I got nothing to say on it. Everyone shut up and do your job

Alright big boys, we got a majority and you know who it is who is screwing up governing? It's the so-called elder statesman moderates" - Senator Cruz

Cruz on GOP-Trump feud: 'Shut up and do your job'

i'm hoping for a Trump/Pence(R) vs. Biden/Booker (D) vs. Sanders/Warren(I) vs. Flake/Sasse(I) general election in 2020!

Doesn't Sarah Palin owns some property in Arizona? Want to see libs heads explode?

You wish to see Palin lose again?
If she ran, she will win. But one thing that they cannot say that she was colluding with the Russians at all. It is because the closer she got to Russia, is by looking at it from her backyard.

Joe Arpaio still considering Arizona Senate run, says he met Steve Bannon twice

Joe Arpaio may challenge Jeff Flake for Arizona Senate seat: Exclusive

She never made that statement. What she said was that you can see Russia from some parts of Alaska. She also pointed out that due to the geography, Alaska's Governor receives regular security briefings from Washington. Tina Fey was the one who said that you can see Russia from her house. It was the lying bitch Katie Couric who said Palin made that statement. She got a award for lying.

"It's like you’re back in junior high. ... We've got a job to do, damn it, and so all of this nonsense, I got nothing to say on it. Everyone shut up and do your job

Alright big boys, we got a majority and you know who it is who is screwing up governing? It's the so-called elder statesman moderates" - Senator Cruz

Cruz on GOP-Trump feud: 'Shut up and do your job'

Cruz is a bad joke. He is not a conservative. He has sold his soul to the devil. He is a disgrace.

DM817QEUEAAQSm6.jpg

He has no chance at reelection and knows it. A normal will take his place.

:lol:

If you mean a Democrat, almost certainly.

But "normal" is not a word that anyone in their right mind would apply to O'Donnell 2.0.

In fact, just about zero chance a Communist democrat will win Arizona.

But you go ahead and cling to that fantasy.

It's in my best interest to encourage you to continue believing that.

It's not Chicago bub..

But dream on about "faithless electors" and shit.

I'm all in for Dr. Kelly Ward to take Flake's seat! She's the real deal, unlike Flake the Fake.

She's going to lose, and she'll do it badly.

But who cares, right?

Ideological purity above all!

Just like Trump was going to lose.....:rofl:

Get a new Crystal ball Doc, the one you are using is full of baloney!

As I said, you keep that faith alive.

Trump's election was a perfect storm, not a change in the tides.

You keep that faith alive. The faith that Trump's election was not a change in tides.... :lol:

I don't need faith, I have numbers.
What number is this ??? Cohen leaving the pos soon after tax reform

You don't get it.

Trump won Arizona by 4% (within the margin of error).

During that same election cycle, McCain beat Ward (a huge Trumpster) by double digits in the primary, and beat the Democrat challenger in the general by double digits as well.

Since then, Trump has only lost support.

So, it just a huge coincidence that the Republicans who are so far out of the realm of possibility for re-election That they are dropping out of their races and going home just HAPPEN to be the same Republicans that oppose the Trump agenda?

Come on :rolleyes:... I was born at night, but it weren't LAST night.

I have no doubt that Flake and Corker have decided not to run for reelection because they're worried about being primaried. That's not the real issue here.

Ward will almost certainly lose the general. Flake, if he ran again, would almost certainly win.

I am not so sure of that. However Flake's chances of winning are better than Ward's. I think Flake has been damaged by his votes to kick millions off of their insurance.

Can you name one person who has been kicked off of their insurance?

I didn't think so because it hasn't happened.

The only reason it hasn't happened is because McCain and Collins did what was right for the country rather than playing politics.

Sucking the dick of the Stalinists isn't "what's right for the country," nor what their constituents elected them to do.

I'm all in for Dr. Kelly Ward to take Flake's seat! She's the real deal, unlike Flake the Fake.

But who cares, right?

You keep that faith alive. The faith that Trump's election was not a change in tides.... :lol:

Yep, you Stalinists have it in the bag. :thup:

But who cares, right?

Cohen?

Cohen?
Gary Cohn is reportedly set to leave the White House as soon as tax reform is done

BOB BRYAN
Oct 25th 2017 5:21PM
X
  • Gary Cohn is reportedly set to leave the Trump administration as soon as the

I hope he takes Corker, McCain and Graham with him

Wow...................during Obama's administration, those were three of the biggest heroes of the GOP and conservatives. You guys are turning on and eating your own.

No ... They were the three Senators from the Republican party the media threw in our faces every chance they got.

That was pretty much because those three wouldn't avoid a camera in a tiger's mouth.
Senator McCain said stupid shit the moderates liked ... Senators Corker and Graham would say anything if it would get them on camera.

Silly people that believe the media is telling the real story tried to make them into something special.

So, it just a huge coincidence that the Republicans who are so far out of the realm of possibility for re-election That they are dropping out of their races and going home just HAPPEN to be the same Republicans that oppose the Trump agenda?

Come on :rolleyes:... I was born at night, but it weren't LAST night.

I have no doubt that Flake and Corker have decided not to run for reelection because they're worried about being primaried. That's not the real issue here.

Ward will almost certainly lose the general. Flake, if he ran again, would almost certainly win.

I am not so sure of that. However Flake's chances of winning are better than Ward's. I think Flake has been damaged by his votes to kick millions off of their insurance.

Can you name one person who has been kicked off of their insurance?

I didn't think so because it hasn't happened.

The only reason it hasn't happened is because McCain and Collins did what was right for the country rather than playing politics.

Sucking the dick of the Stalinists isn't "what's right for the country," nor what their constituents elected them to do.
McCain and Collins are doing what is right for the country. The Alt Right want to break the country and deliver it to Russian domination,

I hope he takes Corker, McCain and Graham with him

Wow...................during Obama's administration, those were three of the biggest heroes of the GOP and conservatives. You guys are turning on and eating your own.

No ... They were the three Senators from the Republican party the media threw in our faces every chance they got.

That was pretty much because those three wouldn't avoid a camera in a tiger's mouth.
Senator McCain said stupid shit the moderates liked ... Senators Corker and Graham would say anything if it would get them on camera.

Silly people that believe the media is telling the real story tried to make them into something special.

".... wouldn't avoid a camera in a tiger's mouth."

I like that.

The other end, too?

Forum List

Back