BREAKING: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announces he will not run again...

I'll pose the opposite question...what good is one more Republican if that Republican is going to work against you?

Cut your losses if you must, and focus your attention on Missouri, West Virginia and Montana.

Who is this "you" you're speaking of?

Do you believe that the President is owed the support of his party, no matter what?

Flake has voted with the Republican majority on essentially every vote he's ever made in the Senate - and he's voted with Trump 90% of the time since 2016.

But you're willing to trade him for a Democrat, just because he said mean things about Trump?
Your assumption, of course, is that a Democrat will win that seat if Flake isn't running ..... fallacious, at a minimum ... daydreaming, at the most. You need to take a look at the constituency in Arizona.

Well, anything can happen.

But it's undeniable that Ward will have a mich tougher time in the general than Flake would.
I'll pose the opposite question...what good is one more Republican if that Republican is going to work against you?

Cut your losses if you must, and focus your attention on Missouri, West Virginia and Montana.

Do you believe that the President is owed the support of his party, no matter what?

Flake has voted with the Republican majority on essentially every vote he's ever made in the Senate - and he's voted with Trump 90% of the time since 2016.

But you're willing to trade him for a Democrat, just because he said mean things about Trump?
Your assumption, of course, is that a Democrat will win that seat if Flake isn't running ..... fallacious, at a minimum ... daydreaming, at the most. You need to take a look at the constituency in Arizona.

But it's undeniable that Ward will have a mich tougher time in the general than Flake would.
That's not true .... she carries 62% of all Republicans .... Flake carries 18%. There are about 22% more Republicans in Arizona than Democrats ... and more Independents than Democrats. In the last election, 88% of Republicans voted for Trump, 47% of Independents voted for Trump, AND 7% of Democrats voted for Trump.

THAT means it is a very Republican state. Ward is a lock. Check the polling here: United States Senate election in Arizona, 2018 - Wikipedia

Then why did Trump only win by 4 points? Remember that he was running against Clinton. Kelli Ward is a right wing looney tune. There are no recent polls pitting Ward against the Democrat.
You gotta be talking out your ass, cuz your mouth knows better.

"The general election between the likely Democratic nominee, U.S. Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, and whomever the Republicans nominate starts as a tossup. At this time, the only notable Republican running against Sinema is Kelli Ward, a former Arizona state senator who has closely aligned herself with Trump. Sinema led Ward in an August HighGround Public Affairs survey 32 percent to 31 percent, with 38 percent of voters undecided. Private polling also had Sinema ahead by a small margin. For comparison, polls had Sinema ahead of Flake by high single digits."

How Does Jeff Flake’s Retirement Change The Arizona Senate Race?

I am not so sure of that. However Flake's chances of winning are better than Ward's. I think Flake has been damaged by his votes to kick millions off of their insurance.

Can you name one person who has been kicked off of their insurance?

I didn't think so because it hasn't happened.

The only reason it hasn't happened is because McCain and Collins did what was right for the country rather than playing politics.

They are both RINOs.

They put the interests of the country above that of the party. You people are RINOs. Ronald Reagan would be considered a RINO by you Trump sycophants.

Trump is not even a true conservative in many ways. You just can't see the damage that liberalism is doing to this country.

I can see the damage that right wing extremists want to do to this country. The fact is that the right wing fanatics are as much a danger to this country. The extremes of both parties are a danger to this country.

That's not true .... she carries 62% of all Republicans .... Flake carries 18%. There are about 22% more Republicans in Arizona than Democrats ... and more Independents than Democrats. In the last election, 88% of Republicans voted for Trump, 47% of Independents voted for Trump, AND 7% of Democrats voted for Trump.

THAT means it is a very Republican state. Ward is a lock. Check the polling here: United States Senate election in Arizona, 2018 - Wikipedia

Then why did Trump only win by 4 points? Remember that he was running against Clinton. Kelli Ward is a right wing looney tune. There are no recent polls pitting Ward against the Democrat.
You gotta be talking out your ass, cuz your mouth knows better.

"The general election between the likely Democratic nominee, U.S. Rep. Kyrsten Sinema, and whomever the Republicans nominate starts as a tossup. At this time, the only notable Republican running against Sinema is Kelli Ward, a former Arizona state senator who has closely aligned herself with Trump. Sinema led Ward in an August HighGround Public Affairs survey 32 percent to 31 percent, with 38 percent of voters undecided. Private polling also had Sinema ahead by a small margin. For comparison, polls had Sinema ahead of Flake by high single digits."

How Does Jeff Flake’s Retirement Change The Arizona Senate Race?

You are talking through your ass. That 1 poll was done before Ward said that McCain should retire after he was diagnosed with brain cancer and she should be appointed. The fact is that McCain went after her and beat her easily.

Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

Arizona's Jeff Flake announces he will not seek re-election to U.S. Senate

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

It also likely will upend the race for Flake's seat.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

'Here's the bottom line ...'
Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

"This spell will pass, but not by next year," Flake said.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."

Yep here is Jeff Flake's full 17 minute speech.

Doesn't Sarah Palin owns some property in Arizona? Want to see libs heads explode?

You wish to see Palin lose again?
If she ran, she will win. But one thing that they cannot say that she was colluding with the Russians at all. It is because the closer she got to Russia, is by looking at it from her backyard.

Joe Arpaio still considering Arizona Senate run, says he met Steve Bannon twice

Joe Arpaio may challenge Jeff Flake for Arizona Senate seat: Exclusive

"The reason Flake and Corker dropped out of the Senate race is very simple, they had zero chance of being elected. Now act so hurt & wounded!

The meeting with Republican Senators yesterday, outside of Flake and Corker, was a love fest with standing ovations and great ideas for USA!

Jeff Flake, with an 18% approval rating in Arizona, said "a lot of my colleagues have spoken out." Really, they just gave me a standing O!" - Trump

Last edited:
Right now, on all 3 cable news channels, Sen. Jeff Flake is announcing that he will not run again for office.

Apparently, he's not happy about serving in a screwed up Congress under a president with no leadership qualities. And, he's not just talking about Trump, he's talking about the whole government, from the backbiting and fighting in Congress between the members all the way up to Trump and the way he's doing things.

He really doesn't sound happy about the way Congress and the government has divided itself.

The bombshell, which Flake, R-Ariz., intended to detail Tuesday afternoon on the Senate floor, will further roil Republican hopes of keeping the party's 52-seat Senate majority in the midterm elections of Trump's first term, when the president's party historically loses seats in Congress.

Flake, one of the Senate's more prominent critics of President Donald Trump, has been struggling in the polls.

He told The Arizona Republic ahead of his announcement that he has become convinced "there may not be a place for a Republican like me in the current Republican climate or the current Republican Party."

Flake said he has not "soured on the Senate" and loves the institution, but that as a traditional, libertarian-leaning conservative Republican he is out of step with today's Trump-dominated GOP.

Among Republican primary voters, there's overwhelming support for Trump's positions and "behavior," Flake said, and one of their top concerns is whether a candidate is with the president or against him. While Flake said he is with Trump on some issues, on other issues he is not. And Trump definitely views him as a foe, having denounced Flake publicly and called him "toxic" on Twitter.

"Here's the bottom line: The path that I would have to travel to get the Republican nomination is a path I'm not willing to take, and that I can't in good conscience take," Flake told The Republic in a telephone interview. "It would require me to believe in positions I don't hold on such issues as trade and immigration and it would require me to condone behavior that I cannot condone."

Another one bites the dust.

I see another political firestorm in 2018 with more GOP wins, a number of GOP incumbents defeated in the primaries.

All due to an amazing voter turnout.

At least Jeff Flake can say, "I was busy trying to turn this country into Mexico!"

DM87deRX0AAFFsY.jpg

Principled Conservatism™ is spending the final moments of your political life maligning your own party for ONE LAST TASTE of positive press.

Why is the fake crooked media so hell-bent on calling Jeff Flake a retirement when he’s getting dunked on by Kelli Ward in poll after poll?

So let me get this straight, he is turning tail and running cuz their is no leadership?

Oh, the irony!

real tough talk by Flake. ‘I’m standing up to Trump...by sitting out.’

While the media treats him like a rock star, Republican voters back in Arizona cheer his retirement.

Funny huh?

Last edited:
Why is the fake crooked media so hell-bent on calling Jeff Flake a retirement when he’s getting dunked on by Kelli Ward in poll after poll?

It's funny, isn't it,

He is going to lose, so he just says he is retiring because of Trump. :alcoholic:

Last edited:
Of course Democrats are going to cling to Flake. He was part of the group of globalists selling out America.

Sometimes you drain the swamp ... sometimes it drains itself. :p

I want Christmas to come early this year.

I’m asking Santa for all members of the GOP Swamp Establishment to drop out.
Yup, the Republicans are the best thing the DNC has going for it in the midst of all the revelations of DNC / Obama administration collusion, crime, scandal, and cover-up. :p

"Courageous" men do battle when the odds are against them. Imagine if John Adams took the same approach as Flake in 1776.

Forum List

Back