BREAKING: Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) announces he will not run again...

So browbeating is not in fashion for elected officials?

Dunno, but apparently Flake thinks there is too much petty infighting in Congress and they don't want to work together.

Guess he's tired of not being able to do his job because of all the gridlock and infighting.
He simply cannot win because Trump is not supporting him. Dr. Kelli Ward is going to take his seat.

Another career congresscritter has been Trumped.

A Democrat is going to beat her and take the seat. Another win for Trump?

It is the only issue here. Opposition to Trumps agenda is now the kiss of political death for incumbent Republicans...that is far mord important than whether Dems get a pick up or not in Arizona. You need to think more strategically and less tactically.
You're going to lose some skirmishes on the way to laying claim to the battlefield. I'm not conceding Arizona...in all honesty I don't follow state level politics in any state other than my own. Trump is solidifying his power over the political fortunes of these political insiders...and that is more important than individual races.

When did Flake oppose Trump's agenda? He voted for everything Trump wanted. The only crime he committed was not fanatically defending Trump. This is becoming more and more like the Nazis in Germany. Everyone must fanatically support the leader or else. Even when Trump does in-conservative things.

Oh, your liberalism is acting up again! How many votes were never even held because he stated that he would not support the bill?

Why don't you shut up about liberalism. You are the liberal. To you, Ronald Reagan would be a liberal. Some of us stand on conservative principles and hold people accountable.

You are hilarious! You don't even see that your hatred of Trump is because of your own demented belief system. We see it in every dingbat post you make!

You are the dingbat. You are the one with sick values. You are the one who is demented and we can see it every time you defend Trump. You are a typical cult member. Unable to think for themselves and all they can do is parrot the party line.

You need to step back, turn to your left or right because that person you are seeing is yourself looking back from the mirror.

I have no doubt that Flake and Corker have decided not to run for reelection because they're worried about being primaried. That's not the real issue here.

Ward will almost certainly lose the general. Flake, if he ran again, would almost certainly win.

It is the only issue here. Opposition to Trumps agenda is now the kiss of political death for incumbent Republicans...that is far mord important than whether Dems get a pick up or not in Arizona. You need to think more strategically and less tactically.
You're going to lose some skirmishes on the way to laying claim to the battlefield. I'm not conceding Arizona...in all honesty I don't follow state level politics in any state other than my own. Trump is solidifying his power over the political fortunes of these political insiders...and that is more important than individual races.

When did Flake oppose Trump's agenda? He voted for everything Trump wanted. The only crime he committed was not fanatically defending Trump. This is becoming more and more like the Nazis in Germany. Everyone must fanatically support the leader or else. Even when Trump does in-conservative things.
Flake is a pro-open borders, pro-DACA, pro-amnesty, anti-wall supporter. In a border state like Arizona, this is a death knell. When he asked Trump for his support, Trump refused.

And we're off ....

Americans are pro-DACA, pro-amnesty and anti-wall as well. Worth noting that Trump won Arizona by only 3.5 points and was under 50%.

I am not so sure of that. However Flake's chances of winning are better than Ward's. I think Flake has been damaged by his votes to kick millions off of their insurance.

Just like Jeb! and Kasich had a chance of winning and Trump didn't?

My apologies if I don't take your word on that.

Unfortunately you are going to find out the hard way. Romney won Arizona by 9 and Trump won by less than half of that. Kelli Ward is a looney tune. Democrats will have a field day with her. Look at what happened in Delaware.

Oh, your liberalism is acting up again! How many votes were never even held because he stated that he would not support the bill?

Why don't you shut up about liberalism. You are the liberal. To you, Ronald Reagan would be a liberal. Some of us stand on conservative principles and hold people accountable.

You are hilarious! You don't even see that your hatred of Trump is because of your own demented belief system. We see it in every dingbat post you make!

You are the dingbat. You are the one with sick values. You are the one who is demented and we can see it every time you defend Trump. You are a typical cult member. Unable to think for themselves and all they can do is parrot the party line.

You need to step back, turn to your left or right because that person you are seeing is yourself looking back from the mirror.

You need to step back because the fruitcake is you.

Who is this "you" you're speaking of?

Do you believe that the President is owed the support of his party, no matter what?

Flake has voted with the Republican majority on essentially every vote he's ever made in the Senate - and he's voted with Trump 90% of the time since 2016.

But you're willing to trade him for a Democrat, just because he said mean things about Trump?

The proof is in the pudding Doc. Just look at this thread. There is an ideological divide in the Republican party and there is one in the Democratic party as well. One side is going to prevail. The optics of Trump triumphing over the Flakes and the Corkers is another victory over the old guard. You're seeing the same thing in with the Democrats...Feinstein being primaried, calls for Pelosi to step down, Sanders giving Clinton a run for her money...such a threat the DNC had to cheat to quell his insurgency. Things are changing on both sides. Dems are moving farther left and Republicans are moving farther right.

We unexpectedly have all three branches of government, and we aren't getting it done. Time to separate the wheat from the chaff. Flake and Corker are chaff.

What you are seeing is the extremes of both sides demanding 100% purity. The average American does not want that. For example, they want Obamacare fixed not repealed. They support DACA. The Democrat chance of picking up Arizona improved tremendously. Also the Democrat Governor in Tennessee is also considering running for the seat. Tennessee could be up for grabs.

I have no doubt that Flake and Corker have decided not to run for reelection because they're worried about being primaried. That's not the real issue here.

Ward will almost certainly lose the general. Flake, if he ran again, would almost certainly win.

Flake is a pro-open borders, pro-DACA, pro-amnesty, anti-wall supporter. In a border state like Arizona, this is a death knell. When he asked Trump for his support, Trump refused.

And we're off ....

Americans are pro-DACA, pro-amnesty and anti-wall as well. Worth noting that Trump won Arizona by only 3.5 points and was under 50%.

No they aren't. You are looking at the same polls that said Hillary would win.

:lol:

You've got that flipped around. You're thinking tactically, not strategically. Ideological purity within the Republican Party is meaningless if they lose control.

There is a large portion of the Republican voting base that feels the same was as Flake and Corker. Those people aren't going to vote for Ward in Arizona, they're going to stay home.

That's the biggest issue with the way you guys regard Trump. You mistake a perfect storm for a tidal change.

Trump won AZ over Hillary. Sure, Dems can get a DINO elected...but then they are in the same boat with some bozo working against them.

Republicans may lose AZ, but if the return is. Passing the Trump Agenda, it is a well placed sacrifice. Lose AZ, pick up MO...think McCaskill has a chance? It would take an Akin...but I'm hopeful that won't happen again. And it's a wash...Republicans keep control. Dems are in a Senate hole in 2018...one pick up for them will be inconsequential.

Remember back when Missouri was a purple state?

www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/what-the-hell

Trump did beat Clinton in AZ - but by significantly less of a margin than Romney or McCain beat Obama there.

Clinton got around 100,000 more votes in 2016 than Obama did in 2012. On the other hand, Trump got about 20,000 more votes in 2016 than Romney did in 2012.

How does one less Republican help pass the "Trump Agenda"?

I'll pose the opposite question...what good is one more Republican if that Republican is going to work against you?

Cut your losses if you must, and focus your attention on Missouri, West Virginia and Montana.

You assume that "Republican" means they will automatically fall in line .... they ain't the Democrats. Dems are like lemmings --- they just continue to march off the cliff. Some Republicans are threatened by the new regime, and that's why you hear all the noise.

The swamp is full of all kinds of critters - both Democrat and Republican. If you're going to drain it, you have to get rid of them all.

Clearly, the Dems are just about finished .... they seem intent on committing political suicide. Getting rid of the Republicans who think they are, somehow, entitled, and who believe THEY should run the country, rather than the people, is the next logical step. Take a look, sometime, at the records of Flake and Corner.

You can hear the sump pumps running .... he is definitely draining the swamp.

Trump is not draining the swamp. He is restocking it with different creatures. Goldman Sachs could hold a board meeting in Trump's cabinet meetings. Numerous lobbyists are now regulating the area they lobbied in.

You've got that flipped around. You're thinking tactically, not strategically. Ideological purity within the Republican Party is meaningless if they lose control.

There is a large portion of the Republican voting base that feels the same was as Flake and Corker. Those people aren't going to vote for Ward in Arizona, they're going to stay home.

That's the biggest issue with the way you guys regard Trump. You mistake a perfect storm for a tidal change.

Trump won AZ over Hillary. Sure, Dems can get a DINO elected...but then they are in the same boat with some bozo working against them.

Republicans may lose AZ, but if the return is. Passing the Trump Agenda, it is a well placed sacrifice. Lose AZ, pick up MO...think McCaskill has a chance? It would take an Akin...but I'm hopeful that won't happen again. And it's a wash...Republicans keep control. Dems are in a Senate hole in 2018...one pick up for them will be inconsequential.

Trump did beat Clinton in AZ - but by significantly less of a margin than Romney or McCain beat Obama there.

Clinton got around 100,000 more votes in 2016 than Obama did in 2012. On the other hand, Trump got about 20,000 more votes in 2016 than Romney did in 2012.

I'll pose the opposite question...what good is one more Republican if that Republican is going to work against you?

Cut your losses if you must, and focus your attention on Missouri, West Virginia and Montana.

You assume that "Republican" means they will automatically fall in line .... they ain't the Democrats. Dems are like lemmings --- they just continue to march off the cliff. Some Republicans are threatened by the new regime, and that's why you hear all the noise.

The swamp is full of all kinds of critters - both Democrat and Republican. If you're going to drain it, you have to get rid of them all.

Clearly, the Dems are just about finished .... they seem intent on committing political suicide. Getting rid of the Republicans who think they are, somehow, entitled, and who believe THEY should run the country, rather than the people, is the next logical step. Take a look, sometime, at the records of Flake and Corner.

Trump is not draining the swamp. He is restocking it with different creatures. Goldman Sachs could hold a board meeting in Trump's cabinet meetings. Numerous lobbyists are now regulating the area they lobbied in.

Why do you libs think the best place to hire Cabinet members is at the local halfway house or Home Depot parking lot?

You probably get your car repaired by the plumber and you see your dentist for hemorrhoids!

Dunno, but apparently Flake thinks there is too much petty infighting in Congress and they don't want to work together.

Guess he's tired of not being able to do his job because of all the gridlock and infighting.
He simply cannot win because Trump is not supporting him. Dr. Kelli Ward is going to take his seat.

:alcoholic:

And we're off ....

No they aren't. You are looking at the same polls that said Hillary would win.

Actually I am looking at the polls conducted by state run media Fox News which is pretty much a 24 hour infomercial for Trump.

What do you think should happen to the illegal immigrants who are currently working in the United States -- do you favor deporting as many as possible or do you favor setting up a system for them to become legal residents?
Deport as many as possible; 14%
Set up a system for them to become legal: 83%

Do you favor or oppose granting work permits for illegal immigrants under the age of 30 who were brought to the United States as children, provided they pass a background check?
24-26 Sep 17 Favor: 86% Oppose 12%

Do you favor or oppose granting U.S. citizenship for illegal immigrants under the age of 30 who were brought to the United States as children, provided they pass a background check? Favor Oppose (Don’t know) 24-26 Sep 17
Favor: 79% Oppose: 19%

Why do you libs think the best place to hire Cabinet members is at the local halfway house or Home Depot parking lot?

You probably get your car repaired by the plumber and you see your dentist for hemorrhoids!

They should not come from the same backgrounds. They represent Wall Street not main street. What about entrepreneurs? Leaders who have built small businesses into big businesses. Don't be so stupid.

Do you believe that the President is owed the support of his party, no matter what?

Flake has voted with the Republican majority on essentially every vote he's ever made in the Senate - and he's voted with Trump 90% of the time since 2016.

But you're willing to trade him for a Democrat, just because he said mean things about Trump?
Your assumption, of course, is that a Democrat will win that seat if Flake isn't running ..... fallacious, at a minimum ... daydreaming, at the most. You need to take a look at the constituency in Arizona.

Well, anything can happen.

But it's undeniable that Ward will have a mich tougher time in the general than Flake would.

Your assumption, of course, is that a Democrat will win that seat if Flake isn't running ..... fallacious, at a minimum ... daydreaming, at the most. You need to take a look at the constituency in Arizona.

Well, anything can happen.

But it's undeniable that Ward will have a mich tougher time in the general than Flake would.
That's not true .... she carries 62% of all Republicans .... Flake carries 18%. There are about 22% more Republicans in Arizona than Democrats ... and more Independents than Democrats. In the last election, 88% of Republicans voted for Trump, 47% of Independents voted for Trump, AND 7% of Democrats voted for Trump.

THAT means it is a very Republican state. Ward is a lock. Check the polling here: United States Senate election in Arizona, 2018 - Wikipedia

Then why did Trump only win by 4 points? Remember that he was running against Clinton. Kelli Ward is a right wing looney tune. There are no recent polls pitting Ward against the Democrat.

So, it just a huge coincidence that the Republicans who are so far out of the realm of possibility for re-election That they are dropping out of their races and going home just HAPPEN to be the same Republicans that oppose the Trump agenda?

Come on :rolleyes:... I was born at night, but it weren't LAST night.

I am not so sure of that. However Flake's chances of winning are better than Ward's. I think Flake has been damaged by his votes to kick millions off of their insurance.

Can you name one person who has been kicked off of their insurance?

I didn't think so because it hasn't happened.

The only reason it hasn't happened is because McCain and Collins did what was right for the country rather than playing politics.

They are both RINOs.

They put the interests of the country above that of the party. You people are RINOs. Ronald Reagan would be considered a RINO by you Trump sycophants.

Can you name one person who has been kicked off of their insurance?

I didn't think so because it hasn't happened.

The only reason it hasn't happened is because McCain and Collins did what was right for the country rather than playing politics.

They are both RINOs.

They put the interests of the country above that of the party. You people are RINOs. Ronald Reagan would be considered a RINO by you Trump sycophants.

Trump is not even a true conservative in many ways. You just can't see the damage that liberalism is doing to this country.

"Dream a little dream with me ... " :eusa_boohoo:

Just like Jeb! and Kasich had a chance of winning and Trump didn't?

My apologies if I don't take your word on that.

Unfortunately you are going to find out the hard way. Romney won Arizona by 9 and Trump won by less than half of that. Kelli Ward is a looney tune. Democrats will have a field day with her. Look at what happened in Delaware.
“From her time working on Ralph Nader's campaign to the state legislature to Congress, Kyrsten Sinema has always been out-of-touch with Arizona and she'll do anything to hide her progressive record,” - the only Democrat running. She had Flake beat by up to 10 points, but is virtually tied with Ward.

"So far this year, Sinema has voted in line with the Trump administration's known preferences 49 percent of the time, according to the website FiveThirtyEight. By that measure, she is the third-most GOP-friendly Democrat so far this year."

"Some Democrats have complained that Sinema has been too eager to support law-enforcement bills that would make life more difficult for immigrants. At the same time, she has been outspoken in her support of "dreamers," immigrants brought to the U.S. illegally as children."

What unmitigated bullshit.

Did you see that on a bumper sticker this morning?

Forum List

Back