America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand... The bottom line is that America has done some horrible things in it's history. Proof positive that it was founded as a Christian Nation.

On the other hand... The bottom line is that America has done some horrible things in it's history. Proof positive that it was founded as a Christian Nation.

You need some new material. But, the obvious counter is that if those things were done in the name of secularism, humanism, atheism, theism or deism, it is perfectable acceptable. Which side best represents you?

No side represents me. I'm an Anarcho-Capitalist. Anyone, be they secularist, humanist, atheist or whatever who wants to lord over others should under no circumstance be allowed to do so.
The aim of my contributions to this thread were to show that the whole idea of Christians seizing and wielding earthly political power is the exact opposite of what Jesus wanted or expected of His followers. Yes, Porter I read those links. They were wrong, If you agree with them, you're wrong, too.

You sound like a political opportunist that took a left turn to get here. Real Christians support the idea of LIBERTY. I don't know why you're here as your posts are nor related to the OP in any way, shape, fashion or form. If you weren't going to read the first post and access the links, you shouldn't have participated.

NOBODY supporting my position on this thread, including me, wants political power to dictate religion by way of government. We would like to have Freedom OF Religion... which you seem to oppose. But, that is not the subject of the OP. So, thanks for ignoring the first post and good luck out there.

I told you already I read your links, I totally disagreed with them. They never answered my question: "Where did Jesus command His followers to seize and control earthly political power?!!!!!"
All the scriptures I posted strongly suggested the opposite view, namely that Jesus never wanted Christians involved with the dirty business of worldly politics.

One more thing. Why did it take soooo long for Christians to come up with the idea of "Liberty"? Why wasn't it readily apparent to the emperor Theodosius when he made Christianity the only legal religion in the Empire? Were Christians back then second class Christians, who didn't deserve Liberty?

I can't help you with straw man arguments. If you'd like to discuss the OP, great. If not, such arguments will have to be addressed some other time. IF we ever get past this thread, I will do one on Liberty.

What point was that? This one?

It is fin of Christians to engage in the political process. Your desire for them not to, is your bigotry, not theirs.
I don't want any political process, no matter who's involved. So I can't be considered a bigot.

Have you similarly attacked secular liberals for engaging in the political process?

#1124 Protestant Christians A-L-M-O-S-T to a man. Post #1117.
Which God are we talking about? The signers of the Declaration of Independence were Protestant Christians - almost to a man (IIRC.)

This goes back to when PORTER ROCKWELL wrote: “Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts.”

And I replied in Post #189
. Nice opinion. I see no need to refute that. Just a question though. How do you make the leap from your opinion that Biblical values being present in society means America was founded as a Christian Nation?

My opinion is that non-Christian Deist optimism and ideas derived from Enlightenment philosophers molded much of the Founders such as Jefferson’s thought. .

Porter Rockwell did not disagree that a lot of non-Christian ideas and principles influenced the minds of our founding fathers in post #191
There was a lot of input from a variety of sources, but the founders / framers at the behest of the people ended up with a constitutional Republic based on Christian principles.

So now we are asked to accept that non-Biblical influences did not change the Declaration’s writers perception of God to any thing different from centuries old PROTESTANT dogma about God when a monarch was God’s Representative on earth.

Last edited:

You need some new material. But, the obvious counter is that if those things were done in the name of secularism, humanism, atheism, theism or deism, it is perfectable acceptable. Which side best represents you?

No side represents me. I'm an Anarcho-Capitalist. Anyone, be they secularist, humanist, atheist or whatever who wants to lord over others should under no circumstance be allowed to do so.
The aim of my contributions to this thread were to show that the whole idea of Christians seizing and wielding earthly political power is the exact opposite of what Jesus wanted or expected of His followers. Yes, Porter I read those links. They were wrong, If you agree with them, you're wrong, too.

You sound like a political opportunist that took a left turn to get here. Real Christians support the idea of LIBERTY. I don't know why you're here as your posts are nor related to the OP in any way, shape, fashion or form. If you weren't going to read the first post and access the links, you shouldn't have participated.

NOBODY supporting my position on this thread, including me, wants political power to dictate religion by way of government. We would like to have Freedom OF Religion... which you seem to oppose. But, that is not the subject of the OP. So, thanks for ignoring the first post and good luck out there.

I told you already I read your links, I totally disagreed with them. They never answered my question: "Where did Jesus command His followers to seize and control earthly political power?!!!!!"
All the scriptures I posted strongly suggested the opposite view, namely that Jesus never wanted Christians involved with the dirty business of worldly politics.

One more thing. Why did it take soooo long for Christians to come up with the idea of "Liberty"? Why wasn't it readily apparent to the emperor Theodosius when he made Christianity the only legal religion in the Empire? Were Christians back then second class Christians, who didn't deserve Liberty?

I can't help you with straw man arguments. If you'd like to discuss the OP, great. If not, such arguments will have to be addressed some other time. IF we ever get past this thread, I will do one on Liberty.
IF we ever get past this thread, I will do one on Liberty.

hopefully with at least a modicum of evidence without it being supposedly buried in some distant post that then only the depraved would recognize as having merit.

good luck -

So what is the point of all this? What kind of reaction are you hoping for from us non Christians?

The original point was educational discussion aimed at those who kept asking questions. Since most people, including you, do not know what the topic was, it was informational, not intended to be confrontational.

The OP was ignored and we argued about everything except a topic you're still in the dark about. If America was founded as a Christian nation, but not a theocracy, then what did it mean, exactly?

hopefully with at least a modicum of evidence without it being supposedly buried in some distant post that then only the depraved would recognize as having merit.

good luck -

More bizarre words from the cryptic one. Try English next time.

good luck -

howabout providing your proof instead of hiding it in link inside a post ...

Which God are we talking about? The signers of the Declaration of Independence were Protestant Christians - almost to a man (IIRC.)

This goes back to when PORTER ROCKWELL wrote: “Politics is nothing more than religion in action. Our sense of right and wrong are all predicated on moral values and we got from biblical precepts.”

. Nice opinion. I see no need to refute that. Just a question though. How do you make the leap from your opinion that Biblical values being present in society means America was founded as a Christian Nation?

My opinion is that non-Christian Deist optimism and ideas derived from Enlightenment philosophers molded much of the Founders such as Jefferson’s thought. .

Porter Rockwell did not disagree that a lot of non-Christian ideas and principles influenced the minds of our founding fathers in post #191
There was a lot of input from a variety of sources, but the founders / framers at the behest of the people ended up with a constitutional Republic based on Christian principles.

So now we are asked to accept that non-Biblical influences did not change the Declaration’s writers perception of God to any thing different from centuries old PROTESTANT dogma about God when a monarch was God’s Representative on earth.

A host of people have tried to influence the kind and type of government we have. Because there are Masonic symbols on our money, they claim they have covertly influenced the government. Thre are fasci on the back of the dime and fascists claim they influenced the Constitution.

What you continually ignore is the truth about what else I said. You screwed this whole thread up over one word which "I" never stated. Here you are, just as dishonest as you can be. Here is what matters:

THE FINAL PRODUCT THAT THE FRAMERS PRODUCED WAS A CHRISTIAN NATION.

It was NOT a Christian nation in the sense that we declared a religious theocracy. What was done is that:

1) Office holders in the several states took an oath that they believed. That is not a test; that is a simply a requirement that the believe

2) The purpose of the Constitution is laid out in the Preamble of the Constitution which provides:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The Constitution is a "Social Contract." a legal document between we, the people and that entity called government. Who were those people? In ALL of the state constitutions on the day the Constitution was signed were, every elected leader had taken an oath and most, if not all states, had requirements that one must believe in the Bible (at one level or another.)

There is NOTHING in that Preamble that talks about taking over other nations, converting non-Christians, forcing people to believe in any religion, or creating a theocracy. We established justice. But, justice can mean something different to a Muslim than it does to the Christian. We wanted to insure domestic tranquility. That is quite the opposite of creating a multicultural society and inviting chaos and discord. The objective was to "secure the blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"

3) As repeated and referenced over 20 times on this thread, "ourselves and our Posterity" referred to white freemen (sic) when extending the privilege of naturalization / citizenship. And the fact is, the rest of the world considered the white nations of the world to be Christian. That faith started with those people and we limited the privilege of citizenship to those people. It is a combination of our culture and our heritage.

This will take another entry to explain

CONTINUATION OF PREVIOUS POST

4) EVERY nation on this earth has a system that is based on something. NO nation just rose up and determined that something is right or this is wrong. Even the Chinese have have a history of their government being influenced by Confucius, the British, the communists, etc. to the bastardized government they have today, but which social customs, culture, and nationality being imperative in the continuation of their society have left them with a country that is 91.5 percent Han Chinese. Every nation has their moral barometer that helps determine their cultural and ethnic values. They are a Han Chinese country and they don't need a constitutional law to validate what is fact

7) The final product of this nation is that our culture, heritage, ethnic makeup, and nationality were all built on our religion. Now our troll wants to MISQUOTE me as he nor I know what is in the heart of every man. Let me make this position very clear:

People may have participated in the making of our Constitution with an ulterior motive. The troll will not understand that and he will lie like the dishonest troll he is, but some people thought that there MIGHT be something hidden in the wording of the Constitution that would be used to destroy Liberty in the future. What the people thought they were getting and what the politicians guaranteed them was a Republican Form of Government (Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution) that would secure the blessings of Liberty to the framers and their posterity. Those people understood that objective from the standpoint of a Christian. No matter how you slice it, dice it or misrepresent it. Those are the facts.

Constitution? Here's the final word about that:
Inasmuch as the Constitution was never signed, nor agreed to, by anybody, as a contract, and therefore never bound anybody, and is now binding upon nobody; and is, moreover, such an one as no people can ever hereafter be expected to consent to, except as they may be forced to do so at the point of the bayonet, it is perhaps of no importance what its true legal meaning, as a contract, is. Nevertheless, the writer thinks it proper to say that, in his opinion, the Constitution is no such instrument as it has generally been assumed to be; but that by false interpretations, and naked usurpations, the government has been made in practice a very widely, and almost wholly, different thing from what the Constitution itself purports to authorize. He has heretofore written much, and could write much more, to prove that such is the truth. But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain—that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
From "The Constitution of no Authority", Lysander Spooner (1870)

#1132 Reference to God in the Declaration of Independence is DEIST not Protestant Christian.

If you had read this thread, I proved, unequivocally, that Jefferson was a Christian.

FOR THE RECORD: Porter Rockwell defines being a Christian to include a man who twice in his entire life wrote these four words.... “I am a Christian” ....but both times written over a decade apart, adding both times either ‘only in the sense’ and ‘very different from’ the 99.9 % of all the people who actually practice a religion and believe things according to Catholicism or all the variations of Protestant Christianity.

This is not some small trivial matter.

#956.
On an on he's gone about trivial matters that would not change the outcome of this thread.

This issue arose again today when Porter Rockwell describes the signers of the Declaration as Protestant Christians - almost to a man in Post #1117.

Jefferson of course was a signer. Jefferson did not ever in his adult life write or say that he believed that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD.

However that is the one requirement that Porter Rockwell says must be believed to be a Christian. It is right here in post #538
Who wrote the rules saying what one must believe or disbelieve IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD (WHICH IS IN THE BIBLE)?????

Jefferson did not believe that Jesus was the Son of God. In his own words:

To William Short Monticello, August 4, 1820 < The Letters of Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826 < Thomas Jefferson < Presidents < American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond

“That Jesus did not mean to impose himself on mankind as the son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in that lore.

FOR THE RECORD: Porter Rockwell appears to accept that Jefferson could be classified as a Christian Deist

Jefferson was a Christian - just not a mainstream Christian. This is from the source you quoted, but omitted the link:

"He was a Christian deist because he saw Christianity as the highest expression of natural religion and Jesus as an incomparably great moral teacher."

Jefferson was not a Protestant Christian. He did not believe Jesus was the Son of God. Porter Rockwell has not mentioned the fact that Jefferson was the primary writer of the D of I.

Here is a different view of what the reference to. Nature’s God meant to the writer.
  • The only direct reference to God in the Declaration of Independence comes in the first paragraph, in which Thomas Jefferson and his fellow drafters of that document--including Benjamin Franklin and John Adams--invoke the "laws of nature and of nature's god." (The absence of capitalization was the way Jefferson wrote it, though the final parchment capitalizes all four nouns.) The phrase "nature's god" reflected Jefferson's deism--his rather vague Enlightenment-era belief, which he shared with Franklin, in a Creator whose divine handiwork is evident in the wonders of nature. Deists like Jefferson did not believe in a personal God who interceded directly in the daily affairs of mankind. Thomas Jefferson: God Of Our Fathers
I’m not seeing the Protestant Christian God being referenced in the Declaration of Independence. I’m not the only one not seeing it.

Last edited:
Constitution? Here's the final word about that:
Inasmuch as the Constitution was never signed, nor agreed to, by anybody, as a contract, and therefore never bound anybody, and is now binding upon nobody; and is, moreover, such an one as no people can ever hereafter be expected to consent to, except as they may be forced to do so at the point of the bayonet, it is perhaps of no importance what its true legal meaning, as a contract, is. Nevertheless, the writer thinks it proper to say that, in his opinion, the Constitution is no such instrument as it has generally been assumed to be; but that by false interpretations, and naked usurpations, the government has been made in practice a very widely, and almost wholly, different thing from what the Constitution itself purports to authorize. He has heretofore written much, and could write much more, to prove that such is the truth. But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain—that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
From "The Constitution of no Authority", Lysander Spooner (1870)

Here is the bottom line I extrapolated from your post, in the writer's own words:

"... the writer thinks it proper to say that, in his opinion,...'

Other writers have other views:

http://spia.uga.edu/faculty_pages/dougherk/caroline_pearson_brief1.pdf

Not endorsing the link, just presenting it.

#1132 Reference to God in the Declaration of Independence is DEIST not Protestant Christian.

If you had read this thread, I proved, unequivocally, that Jefferson was a Christian.

FOR THE RECORD: Porter Rockwell defines being a Christian to include a man who twice in his entire life wrote these four words.... “I am a Christian” ....but both times written over a decade apart, adding both times either ‘only in the sense’ and ‘very different from’ the 99.9 % of all the people who actually practice a religion and believe things according to Catholicism or all the variations of Protestant Christianity.

This is not some small trivial matter.

#956.
On an on he's gone about trivial matters that would not change the outcome of this thread.

This issue arose again today when Porter Rockwell describes the signers of the Declaration as Protestant Christians - almost to a man in Post #1117.

Jefferson of course was a signer. Jefferson did not ever in his adult life write or say that he believed that JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD.

However that is the one requirement that Porter Rockwell says must be believed to be a Christian. It is right here in post #538
Who wrote the rules saying what one must believe or disbelieve IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN THAT JESUS IS THE SON OF GOD (WHICH IS IN THE BIBLE)?????

Jefferson did not believe that Jesus was the Son of God. In his own words:

To William Short Monticello, August 4, 1820 < The Letters of Thomas Jefferson 1743-1826 < Thomas Jefferson < Presidents < American History From Revolution To Reconstruction and beyond

“That Jesus did not mean to impose himself on mankind as the son of God, physically speaking, I have been convinced by the writings of men more learned than myself in that lore.

FOR THE RECORD: Porter Rockwell appears to accept that Jefferson could be classified as a Christian Deist

Jefferson was a Christian - just not a mainstream Christian. This is from the source you quoted, but omitted the link:

"He was a Christian deist because he saw Christianity as the highest expression of natural religion and Jesus as an incomparably great moral teacher."

Jefferson was not a Protestant Christian. He did not believe Jesus was the Son of God. Porter Rockwell has not mentioned the fact that Jefferson was the primary writer of the D of I.

Here is a different view of what the reference to. Nature’s God meant to the writer.
  • The only direct reference to God in the Declaration of Independence comes in the first paragraph, in which Thomas Jefferson and his fellow drafters of that document--including Benjamin Franklin and John Adams--invoke the "laws of nature and of nature's god." (The absence of capitalization was the way Jefferson wrote it, though the final parchment capitalizes all four nouns.) The phrase "nature's god" reflected Jefferson's deism--his rather vague Enlightenment-era belief, which he shared with Franklin, in a Creator whose divine handiwork is evident in the wonders of nature. Deists like Jefferson did not believe in a personal God who interceded directly in the daily affairs of mankind. Thomas Jefferson: God Of Our Fathers
I’m not seeing the Protestant Christian God being referenced in the Declaration of Independence. I’m not the only one not seeing it.

You are a blathering idiot and giving you chance after chance does nothing but allow you to lie like Hell and misrepresent stuff. IF your dumb ass were a student of history, Jefferson made NO statement about his views as they were private. But, what he signed his name to left no doubt... unless you want to call him a liar. I'm done with you.

I'll update your troll record tomorrow.

ACKNOWLEDGING THE TROLL

I made no such claims. NONE OF NOTFOOLEDBYW'S CRITICISMS REFLECT MY VIEWS; NOTHING HE SAYS IS TRUE This list of NOTFOOLEDBYW updated today and an addendum follows in the next post...

NOTFOOLEDBYW - YOU ARE A FILTHY LIAR. SEE THE UPDATES THAT PROVE SAME. Bolded for everyone's convenience

NOTFOOLEDBYW'S FINAL RESPONSE

This thread is now
1025 posts long as I begin this response. Of those, NOTFOOLEDBYW has made a total of 187 posts. They are posts # 78, 80, 111, 113, 118, 126, 140, 154, 157, 158, 159, 162, 172, 174, 179, 189, 192, 195, 196, 197, 203, 204, 205, 212, 220, 224, 225, 232, 233, 234, 235, 240, 240, 241, 242, 243, 246, 247, 254, 255, 256, 267, 279, 280, 285, 290, 296, 297, 302, 307, 309, 318, 321, 328, 330, 335, 339, 340, 341, 345, 347, 350, 350, 351, 352, 367, 370, 373, 381, 393, 394, 399, 401, 404, 411, 412, 413, 420, 421, 425, 426, 429, 430, 431, 432, 468, 485, 500, 504, 508, 512, 516, 519, 525, 527, 537, 539, 541, 546, 549, 551, 554, 557, 559, 561, 563, 565, 566, 569, 570, 574, 577, 581, 582, 587, 589, 606, 607, 610, 626, 630, 636, 642, 644, 646, 684, 688, 699, 700, 703, 704, 707, 708, 709, 715, 716, 718, 724, 725, 730, 740, 744, 746, 747, 750, 753, 754, 755, 761, 762, 769, 774, 782, 7998, 800, ... that is 155 posts out of 805, 807, 812, 824, 827, 830, 831, 832, 844, 847, 860, 872, 899, 904,913, 929, 936, 943, 946, 951, 965, 973, 986, 999, 1011, 1018

In virtually every post NOTFOOLEDBYW has insulted posters, called them liars, misrepresented people, and NOBODY has defended his positions.

By contrast, NOTFOOLEDBYW has been challenged by numerous posters to whom NOTFOOLEDBYW has called liars, fools, morons, and accused them of all manner of wrongdoing. Those posters responded a total of 137 times in posts: #120, 130, 134, 167, 169,174, 176, 175, 176, 180, 185, 206, 207, 250, 282, 299, 346, 346, 354, 396, 397, 403, 405, 406, 407, 414, 415, 416, 424, 427, 428, 433, 434, 438, 439, 440, 445, 446, 447, 448, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 460, 461, 464, 465, 466, 467, 469, 470, 472, 474, 476, 483, 484, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 496, 497, 498, 499, 501, 502, 517, 518, 521, 526, 528, 531, 558, 562, 564, 567, 568, 571, 573, 576, 578, 579, 588, 591, 593, 594, 595, 596, 598, 599, 600, 603, 608, 612, 613, 615, 618, 627, 628, 629, 633, 645, 648, 653, 658, 665, 668, 698, 701, 705, 706, 711, 722, 723, 726, 751, 764, 765, 779, 834, 837, 839, 954, 971, 974, 976, 1002, 1016, 1019

I have been obliged to respond to NOTFOOLEDBYW a total of 90 times personally. That is a total of 414 posts that have revolved around this one poster.

One poster or another has successfully defeated each and every argument he brings to the table. He is now remaining, claiming I lied about Thomas Jefferson - as if that would change the balance of this discussion. Here is my position:

1) When other posters began discussing this as a conversation rather than a point by point, let's prove everything, I got conversational. I quoted Thomas Jefferson from an unnamed source in an online general conversation.

I really do not want to restart any conversations with THIS idiot about Thomas Jefferson and my quote. But, I cut and pasted the quote as I found it on the Internet:

http://peace2you.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Faith-of-Founding-Fathers1.pdf

If you look a few quotes down, you can see where I got it from. When that troll made a big deal out of my inadvertent faux pas of leaving out the link, I looked up the book from where the quote was obtained and put it in post #552. I DIDN'T LIE AND NOTFOOLEDBYW IS A ROTTEN, FILTHY, STINKING, LIAR. ALL of his posts were responded to honestly and openly. Check his posts... he's quoting me and it's there.

2) NOTFOOLEDBYW seized upon that accusing me of posting a lie; even claiming that I edited my source. I did not. I did, however, look at where my source got their material and I quoted where it could be found. I did not lie

3) Regardless of how that material reads, the bottom line is Thomas Jefferson said he was a Christian and I took him at his word as his early life indicates such. Jefferson states, and it was quoted on this thread, that his life experiences changed his outlook. Nothing has changed what Jefferson said at that point in his life

4) Regardless of how many times founders did or said one thing or another, I look at the bottom line and if over half the posts here are either one man arguing against those points compared to the scores of posts disagreeing with him, there is no point to prove. If this matters to you and you want to wade through who said what, you have each post - minus my own (which is unnecessary since all those people who agreed with me either quoted the relevant parts and / or the post itself. My point here is I did not lie and every time that troll posts, I will simply cut and paste this response (that took some hours to research just for him.)

If he still wants to call me a liar, he can do it to my face. Otherwise, he has been successfully defeated by other posters to the point that nothing I have to say would be relevant anyway. IF there are any other points to be addressed, I will be happy to entertain them, just not by the resident troll. The dumb ass needs to read. This post refutes his account of what happened.. I know because I'm the one who did it. I copied and pasted the fucking quote as it appeared and no amount of political jockeying will change that. It's over dumbass

AN ADDENDUM TO NOTFOOLEDBYW AKA "BREEZEWOOD" if you are following that whizzing contest

Just in case anyone has followed the saga of the poster known as NOTFOOLEDBYW, I want to take a moment to acknowledge his vicious attacks on me that, as I type those were 187 out of the 1025 posts. He received 137 negative responses for his attacks and a single hit and run poster (which is against the rules) took a swipe at me (and that violated the rules in this zone.)

NOTFOOLEDBYW's very first post (#78) was to take a swipe at Christianity with a claim that it was bullshit (sic.) The post did not address the OP; it was just an off topic insult. If his post was not relative to the OP (it was not) then he deliberately, knowingly and purposely insulted me.

NOTFOOLEDBYW has made it his mission to claim I insulted him first. My position is that his post did not address the OP, it started the thread on a downward spiral. So, when I said "ignorance is bliss," he comes unglued for 187 posts so far. His entire argument rests on an accusation regarding what "I" said. I left a quote from a source. The quote is italicized and in quotation marks AND the title and page of a book, but no link. It should be apparent to any idiot that those were not my words.

NOTFOOLEDBYW made a big deal about it, so I researched the book and posted the title and everything needed to locate it on the page my link said it was on. Then NOTFOOLEDBYW issued a challenge in post # 831. He says:

"Can anyone find a direct quote by Thomas Jefferson that reads this way in these exact words. If you do I will no longer post to this thread.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."

In post # 838 I accepted his challenge and repeated the quote I had from the Internet:

http://peace2you.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Faith-of-Founding-Fathers1.pdf

NOTFOOLEDBYW's argument is that I lied. Pardon my language, but you have to be one dumb fuck not to understand that a quote in quotation marks AND in italics are not my words, but a quote. Consequently, it is dishonest to say I lied. I provided the source and there is no requirement in NOTFOOLEDBYW'S challenge that says the quote must be accurate or fit some standard. NOTFOOLEDBYW is a dishonorable liar that did not keep his word.

And so this saga has caused NOTFOOLEDBYW to misrepresent my positions, lie, complain, and attempt to derail this thread to the point that correll wants to lock the thread. I simply don't want to give one troll that kind of power over me. NOTFOOLEDBYW has gotten 137 negative responses and he has called posters here morons, liars, fools, LUNATICS, etc. He wanted to be the poster boy for the secularists or maybe humanists. The best he could do is waste a tremendous amount of bandwidth over one word. Ironically, with or without that word, it does not change the facts that were brought to the table AND WHOLLY IRRELEVANT TO THE OP.

SOCKPUPPET ACCOUNTS, DAILY HARASSMENT, THE GUY IS A COWARD AND NOT A MAN OF HIS WORD

A host of people have tried to influence the kind and type of government we have. Because there are Masonic symbols on our money, they claim they have covertly influenced the government. Thre are fasci on the back of the dime and fascists claim they influenced the Constitution.

What you continually ignore is the truth about what else I said. You screwed this whole thread up over one word which "I" never stated. Here you are, just as dishonest as you can be. Here is what matters:

THE FINAL PRODUCT THAT THE FRAMERS PRODUCED WAS A CHRISTIAN NATION.

It was NOT a Christian nation in the sense that we declared a religious theocracy. What was done is that:

1) Office holders in the several states took an oath that they believed. That is not a test; that is a simply a requirement that the believe

2) The purpose of the Constitution is laid out in the Preamble of the Constitution which provides:

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

The Constitution is a "Social Contract." a legal document between we, the people and that entity called government. Who were those people? In ALL of the state constitutions on the day the Constitution was signed were, every elected leader had taken an oath and most, if not all states, had requirements that one must believe in the Bible (at one level or another.)

There is NOTHING in that Preamble that talks about taking over other nations, converting non-Christians, forcing people to believe in any religion, or creating a theocracy. We established justice. But, justice can mean something different to a Muslim than it does to the Christian. We wanted to insure domestic tranquility. That is quite the opposite of creating a multicultural society and inviting chaos and discord. The objective was to "secure the blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity"

3) As repeated and referenced over 20 times on this thread, "ourselves and our Posterity" referred to white freemen (sic) when extending the privilege of naturalization / citizenship. And the fact is, the rest of the world considered the white nations of the world to be Christian. That faith started with those people and we limited the privilege of citizenship to those people. It is a combination of our culture and our heritage.

This will take another entry to explain

CONTINUATION OF PREVIOUS POST

4) EVERY nation on this earth has a system that is based on something. NO nation just rose up and determined that something is right or this is wrong. Even the Chinese have have a history of their government being influenced by Confucius, the British, the communists, etc. to the bastardized government they have today, but which social customs, culture, and nationality being imperative in the continuation of their society have left them with a country that is 91.5 percent Han Chinese. Every nation has their moral barometer that helps determine their cultural and ethnic values. They are a Han Chinese country and they don't need a constitutional law to validate what is fact

7) The final product of this nation is that our culture, heritage, ethnic makeup, and nationality were all built on our religion. Now our troll wants to MISQUOTE me as he nor I know what is in the heart of every man. Let me make this position very clear:

People may have participated in the making of our Constitution with an ulterior motive. The troll will not understand that and he will lie like the dishonest troll he is, but some people thought that there MIGHT be something hidden in the wording of the Constitution that would be used to destroy Liberty in the future. What the people thought they were getting and what the politicians guaranteed them was a Republican Form of Government (Article 4 Section 4 of the Constitution) that would secure the blessings of Liberty to the framers and their posterity. Those people understood that objective from the standpoint of a Christian. No matter how you slice it, dice it or misrepresent it. Those are the facts.

Unable to sustain a credible argument and having a disregard for the truth, NOTFOOLEDBYW has run out of any original material.

Since he won't leave and he insists on jerking my chain, each day, we can revisit some of this most outrageous posts. In Post # 973 he proclaims:

"FOR THE RECORD: I have made no gaffes and errors on this thread. That is why Porter Rockwell has not ‘documented’ a single gaffe or error on my part."

REALITY CHECK: If you check the scorecard, that troll was called out more than 120 times by various posters (my posts are not included in the scorecard) by that point calling into question both his honesty and integrity. He's a legend in his own mind.

More ministers speak out:

America Is A Christian Nation · First Baptist Dallas

The U.S. was founded as a Christian nation - here's more proof

#TruthStraightUp: America is a Christian nation

Yep, it's official: America is a Christian nation - WND

I do not necessarily endorse any of the above links

#1140 Porter Rockwell reply #1134 to #1132 “Reference to God in the Declaration of Independence is DEIST not Protestant Christian.”

“In neither the eighteenth century nor today would most people consider a person with those views a “Christian.” Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia

IF your dumb ass were a student of history, Jefferson made NO statement about his views as they were private. But, what he signed his name to left no doubt... unless you want to call him a liar.

If you had read this thread, I proved, unequivocally, that Jefferson was a Christian. I am not going to argue what has been established as fact..

#1140 FOR THE RECORD: All readers now have a choice. Who is to be believed on the issue of whether Thomas Jefferson was a Christian or not?

(A) Porter Rockwell

(B) The finest Jefferson historians at MONTICELLO Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia | Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

“JEFFERSON AND CHRISTIANITY
While Jefferson was a firm theist, the God in which he believed was not the traditional Christian divinity. Jefferson rejected the notion of the Trinity and Jesus’ divinity. He rejected Biblical miracles, the resurrection, the atonement, and original sin (believing that God could not fault or condemn all humanity for the sins of others, a gross injustice).10 In neither the eighteenth century nor today would most people consider a person with those views a “Christian.”

Jefferson's Religious Beliefs | Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

Jefferson's Religious Beliefs

An Article Courtesy Of The Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia. Click For More.
Thomas Jefferson’s religious beliefs have long been a subject of public discussion,

#1149 it’s exactly as I have said:

Jefferson rejected the notion of the Trinity and Jesus’ divinity. He rejected Biblical miracles, the resurrection, the atonement, and original sin (believing that God could not fault or condemn all humanity for the sins of others, a gross injustice).10. Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia

#1140. For the record, I choose (B). How about you Correll?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back