Why the Sudden Doubts about the Verdict?

Do you have any proof.?

What if monkeys flew out of Trump's butt. Should we all put on our Ruby Slippers and say "There's No Place Like Home"?

But that is what you all are doing. Trump can’t get a fair trial. Trump is being persecuted. He has done nothing wrong. Kangaroo court and process. If found guilty it will be overturned.

That last one makes no sense. Democrats, the same ones, manage the State appeals courts. So if it is a political persecution, or a fair verdict, how could you tell by the appeals process.

In this trial, we have had 20 witnesses who said Trump talked to them about doing what he is accused of doing. There are documents that show Trump doing what he is accused of doing. There is audio recordings of Trump talking about doing what he is accused of doing.

Yet none of that matters to you guys. Political persecution is all you will consider.

I don’t know how the trial will turn out. I don’t know what the verdict will be. I’ll listen and consider.

No, his mistake was ignoring Fauci because he didn't want to rattle the markets.

Disbanding the Pandemic Response Team
Throwing out the pandemic response plan left by Obama
Not replenshing stockpiles of medical supplies.
Withdrawing from the WHO
Closing the CDC office in Beijing
Telling people to inject bleach
Telling people it would clear up by Easter
Telling people it was "the Democrat's New Hoax".
Telling people to take quack cures like Hydrochloroquinine
Fauci should be in prison along with many others who pushed this terrible fraud.

You should not. Reread the OP. I called such mealy mouth nonsense moral cowardice.

Now you're talking! Some of your fellow TDS suffers are slipping. They are the ones saying they will accept the verdict.

I said I would. Because unlike you I have faith in the system. I accepted the OJ Verdict. And use it often to show what kind of defense I like to see the accused mount.

Sorry, I don't think anyone was banking on Trump going to prison. That was never going to happen. There's just a different set of rules for the privileged and well-connected. But the prosecution has proven its central case of falsification of business records. Chances are, he'll be found guilty on a few of the counts. And he'll get to appeal and avoid sentencing while that happens. One way or another, it won't affect his ability to lose come November. :)
The fuck you weren't.

I said I would. Because unlike you I have faith in the system. I accepted the OJ Verdict. And use it often to show what kind of defense I like to see the accused mount.
So you believe OJ was factually innocent, and you will believe the same of Trump if he is acquitted?

Sorry Westworld, I never had any illusions Trump will spend any time in prison. Even though that's where he deserves to be. :)
Oh? Why does he deserve to be?

The only crimes we have seen committed are those of the prosecutors, and the Biden crime family.

No evidence of any crime has presented for Trump though.

Funny that.

So you believe OJ was factually innocent, and you will believe the same of Trump if he is acquitted?

I believe and the record shows that the defense did a good job in OJ’s case. They were able to discredit the vital witnesses. Mark Furman as one example. By catching him in a lie on the Stand they cast his entire testimony in doubt. The Defense was brilliant.

When DNA, which was a new thing, was introduced. The Defense attacked it. How accurate is it? One in five million. Oh so in the Los Angeles Basin you are telling me that twenty people would have the same DNA result as OJ?

Not one piece of evidence was allowed to pass unchallenged. Not one bit of testimony was let slide.

The Defense created the reasonable doubt in the minds of the Jury. And that is exactly their job. It is exactly the system we are supposed to have.

In Savannah, the case of Jim Williams was similarly hard fought. And eventually won.

I want to see the intent of the Constitution abided by. I want it hard to convict someone. That is why we have so many amendments specifically protecting the rights of the accused. Our Founders wanted it hard to take away someone’s freedom.

I believe in the old quote by Blackwell. It is better that a thousand guilty men go free than one innocent man go to prison.

That is why I would accept a Not Guilty verdict from the Trump Trial. Because I believe in the intent of our system. I believe that it is supposed to be hard to convict.

No, his mistake was ignoring Fauci because he didn't want to rattle the markets.

Disbanding the Pandemic Response Team
Throwing out the pandemic response plan left by Obama
Not replenshing stockpiles of medical supplies.
Withdrawing from the WHO
Closing the CDC office in Beijing
Telling people to inject bleach
Telling people it would clear up by Easter
Telling people it was "the Democrat's New Hoax".
Telling people to take quack cures like Hydrochloroquinine
The Pandemic Response team was never dismissed and were available his entire term.
The pandemic response plan was inadequate but never thrown out.
Teh stockpiles that Obama failed to replenish?
Withdrawing from the WHO was the correct response.
He never told anyone to inject bleach. It is an outright lie.
I don't recall him ever telling people it would clear up by Easter. I do recall the Speaker of the House telling people to come on down to Chinatown, the air is fine.
He was correct. The Democrats' response was a hoax.
He never told anyone to take Hydrochloroquinine, though we now see that the drug is effective at alleviating symptoms.

Do you have any more fiction you wish to promote?

But that is what you all are doing. Trump can’t get a fair trial. Trump is being persecuted. He has done nothing wrong. Kangaroo court and process. If found guilty it will be overturned.

That last one makes no sense. Democrats, the same ones, manage the State appeals courts. So if it is a political persecution, or a fair verdict, how could you tell by the appeals process.

In this trial, we have had 20 witnesses who said Trump talked to them about doing what he is accused of doing. There are documents that show Trump doing what he is accused of doing. There is audio recordings of Trump talking about doing what he is accused of doing.

Yet none of that matters to you guys. Political persecution is all you will consider.

I don’t know how the trial will turn out. I don’t know what the verdict will be. I’ll listen and consider.
So, what is it they testified too?

That Trump had a business ledger account to pay for an NDA? You know that NDAs are not crimes. It might have been a crime if the money came from his campaign, but it has been asserted that it did not. They can't, without serious contortions of law, prove that the ledger information is illegal.

Yet, they will get a conviction because the Jury cannot remain impartial.

The Pandemic Response team was never dismissed and were available his entire term.
The pandemic response plan was inadequate but never thrown out.
Teh stockpiles that Obama failed to replenish
Trump had three years to correct these things and didn't.

I don't recall him ever telling people it would clear up by Easter.
More selective memory?

He never told anyone to inject bleach. It is an outright lie.

I do recall the Speaker of the House telling people to come on down to Chinatown, the air is fine.
Because racist bigots were beating up Chinese people.

He never told anyone to take Hydrochloroquinine, though we now see that the drug is effective at alleviating symptoms.

I think this is fantastic. We should hold presidents to the law.

The worst thing that happened in American Politics was when Ford Pardoned Nixon. Nixon was clearly guilty of crimes, but was never held to account for them.

The deal for the pardon was, Nixon gave up half his Presidential Retirement salary, was stripped of his ability to do Law and could not run for any public office. He didn't get off scot free. The problem was, he was also the worlds most premier expert in foreign affairs and was on a retainer to assist the government in that area which made up for his loss of retirement pay. There is a huge difference between a useful crook and a unuseful idiot.

If you make the Presidency an immunity from prosecution, you will have lawless presidents.

Had tRump (the t is silent) taken something like that and then cooperated then he wouldn't be where he is today and the US would be much better off.

Trump had three years to correct these things and didn't.

More selective memory?

Because racist bigots were beating up Chinese people.

So, you deliberately misconstrue what was said -- a favored tactic of the left -- to support your fiction? He was asking a question, not telling people to do that. In fact, the very concept that you would consider injecting bleach as legitimate tells the world you consider it a viable form of treatment when the rest of us understood it was a question to get information.

In those three years, how much pressure was put on the administration of Trump for the phony Russian dossier, and how many resources did that administration have to expend fighting off seditious attacks?

Because racist people were beating up Chinese people, is there a reason Pelosi put every life in America in jeopardy? At least according to the left. But let Me ask, are these the same Chinese people who are assigned white-adjacent status when applying for college admission?

Oh? Why does he deserve to be?

The only crimes we have seen committed are those of the prosecutors, and the Biden crime family.

No evidence of any crime has presented for Trump though.

Funny that.
Because it's exactly where you or I would be had we been charged with the same crimes.
Why should he be treated any differently?

At the beginnng and through most of the trial, Democrats on her were crowing about Trump going to prison, Republicans being forced to vote for a felon, etc. Now the attitude seems to be "wait and see," and the moral cowardice of, "I'll respect the jury's verdict."

Even the WaPo is lowering expectations - they defining "high expectations" as a former president and current frontrunner literally imprisoned by the opposition party, banana republic style.

I would caution people, based on my own experience, to remember that their experience from the outside is as different than the jury’s as the courtroom sketches are from the reality of being there in person. And I would note that Trump’s guilt will ultimately be decided not on whether the public thinks the case has been made or even on whether the jury does, but instead on the conversation the jury has within the constraints of evidence and the law to which they have been exposed.

And no one can reliably predict how that conversation will unfold.

I don't get it. If the evidence is so strong, and the judge so fair, and the Jury made of savvy New Yorkers who won't be put off by the likes of fellow New Yorker Michael Cohen, why doubt the outcome? If Trump's actions are so proven, and they fit so well into a clearly defined crime, and the witnesses so credible, why would you not predict a swift verdict of guilty on all counts?

Team Trump barely responded to the prosecution's case. Two witnesses, both of whome the fair judge cut off from answering. The jury will consider only the prosecution's examinations, the defense's cross, and the closing arguments. How can you doubt a victory for your side?

Is is possible that this is the answer, incredible as it may seem:

Did you really and truly not know what a farce this trial was from the beginning? Did you believe your own nonsense about no one being above the law, and this case being a simple example of Donald Trump finally facing trial for his crimes as anyone else would? Now, having seen how absurdly weak and counter to the law, this prosecution is, you pretend that you only care that the process was carried out, and you were never expecting a particular outcome?

I'm disappointed in you, really. I would have expected you to keep up the cry of "Felon Trump" right up until the hung jury was announced and then to denounce the sneaky Trumpers who must have lied their way onto the jury.

But, you will respect the findings, eh?

I look forward to seeing you keep that promise.
I am 100% certain the prosecution made no case for any criminality on Trump's part. I am 100% certain the defense made a solid case for his innocence. And I am not at all certain that a hand picked jury by a weaponized prosecutor and judge will do anything but vote their hatred of Trump.

I still vividly recall jurors departing the OJ trial after the innocent verdict saying "lots of people have the same DNA."

Forum List

Back