About USMB and it’s status as a “conservative(?) Board” etc.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
I read recently (during a rather recent one week vacation) that some folks consider USMB to be both very poorly moderated AND a conservative board.

I have to say, I think they’re wrong.

I consider this board a particularly safe haven for liberal nonsense. Sure, it’s not like the insane Democrap Underground or the daily kos (whateverthefuck that might mean). Libs do get pushback here. Maybe that’s why they don’t like it and consider it a “conservative” board. They prefer group-think style orthodoxy. Silly libs.

And the moderation here ain’t too bad, despite my oft expressed concerns about certain stupid very very stupid rules like “Zone 1” protection for racist threads. Oh, and this penchant mods have for “cleaning up” threads. 🙄

I’m not going to use this forum to start a poll. Just wondering. Who actually believes that this Board is overly represented by conservatives? I see many. But I see oceans of liberals too.

I read recently (during a rather recent one week vacation) that some folks consider USMB to be both very poorly moderated AND a conservative board.

I consider this board a particularly safe haven for liberal nonsense. Sure, it’s not like the insane Democrap Underground or the daily kos (whateverthefuck that might mean). Libs do get pushback here. Maybe that’s why they don’t like it and consider it a “conservative” board. They prefer group-think style orthodoxy. Silly libs.

And the moderation here ain’t too bad, despite my oft expressed concerns about certain stupid very very stupid rules like “Zone 1” protection for racist threads. Oh, and this penchant mods have for “cleaning up” threads. 🙄

I’m not going to use this forum to start a poll. Just wondering. Who actually believes that this Board is overly represented by conservatives? I see many. But I see oceans of liberals too.
It's a mishmash of both. One thing I CAN say is...there are kerfuffles (a Judge Judy word) and battles, name calling, insults, harassments, dislikes, hatreds expressed to certain individuals by certain individuals....but when one of the usmb "disfunctional family" is in deep doodoo and I mean DEEP (the mentally and physically painful kind)....all come together to offer verbal support and sometimes monetary assistance.
I know from experience. So overall.....its a damn good board with some damn good people regardless of political persuasion when those situations occur.

I like ALL the mods. Except one. And if he would keep his yapper shut and stop being a fucktard asshole, it would be an exceptional board. Alas, I won't hold my breath that will ever happen.

I see a Ocean of Trump voting base which isn’t true Conservatives and Progressives who are not truly Liberal and very few True Conservatives and Liberals on this board.

As for moderation just remember they are humans…

That just because there's more conservatives and this board isn't run by leftists who censor everything like 90% of everything else out there. Obviously to me, and I haven't been here that long.

I came from a place where you can hardly call anyone what they are ever and the whole board is leftist-biased. Just saying what someone is was considered a "personal attack" and verboten.

That's a major impediment to free discourse. This is better.

Free discourse is good.

Last edited:

When you don't have insane over the top censorship with some element of freedom of speech I think most construe that as a conservative site.

It's roughly 70% to 75% Trumpster. We've run many polls of various kinds and those numbers always fall into place.

As a result, it's an absolutely perfect place to observe, probe and analyze the thought processes, perceptions, information sources, opinions and tactics of the alternate universe. One-stop shopping, as disturbing as it can sometimes get. I've learned, confirmed and come to understand quite a bit here, far more than I would have otherwise.

It is what it is. And the moderation seems fair, all things considered. Meh. No big changes needed. Beer and peanuts would be nice.

Last edited:
It's roughly 70% to 75% Trumpster. We've run many polls of various kinds and those numbers always fall into place.

As a result, it's an absolutely perfect place to observe, probe and analyze the thought processes, perceptions, information sources, opinions and tactics of the alternate universe. One-stop shopping, as disturbing as it can sometimes get. I've learned, confirmed and come to understand quite a bit here, far more than I would have otherwise.

It is what it is. And the moderation seems fair, all things considered. Meh. No big changes needed. Beer and peanuts would be nice.
Sort of reflects how the 2020 election would have went had it not been stolen. ;)

Dems are basically outliers with a MSM rah-rah section.
smiley_abused.gif

Sort of reflects how the 2020 election would have went had it not been stolen. ;)
Yes. I know you folks believe that.

So, Mac nails it again.

Yeah, I'm puzzled too by this carry-on about it being a conservative board. Seems to me the leftists are over-represented relative to the Good Guys.

I read recently (during a rather recent one week vacation) that some folks consider USMB to be both very poorly moderated AND a conservative board. I have to say, I think they’re wrong.

I have to agree, there are basically no conservatives on this forum.

There are a lot of Trumpers, there are a lot of Repubs but damn few conservatives.

This board leans right… no doubt

Forum List

Back