When McCain said it, bad, Obama says it , good.

I guess it takes a non-Right winger to let you guys in on a couple of secrets!!

The Economy sucks--Obama is trying to build "confidence" in those people that got all those "tax cuts" to invest with yet refuse to risk money in a downward spiraling market.

I guess you could call Obama our great Confidence Man.
--Kind of place him up there with Ponzi and Madof!!

I guess it takes a non-Right winger to let you guys in on a couple of secrets!!

The Economy sucks--Obama is trying to build "confidence" in those people that got all those "tax cuts" to invest with yet refuse to risk money in a downward spiraling market.

I guess you could call Obama our great Confidence Man.
--Kind of place him up there with Ponzi and Madof!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

it does not reassure me that we were in a terrible economic crisis...one that mandated a huge governement intervention with an amount of money that i cannot even grasp the concept of..trillions?
and we all know the government never brings anything in under budget...so what the hell comes after trillions? do any of us know...

jsanders is correct...our debt to other countries is being questioned by the debt holders and the country has done nothing....

for all the bravo of the obama campaign, i expected him to hit the ground running...i know it has only been 50 days...but in a time where each day counts he should have had all his key people in place and vetted. i am rather disappointed to see the clintons taking such a high profile in the "obama" administration. i loved bill clinton to death but his time is over.

then suddenly....pooh..the crisis isnt that bad...oppsie..our bad...not as deep as we said...do they have any clue the damage done by the negative attitudes that prevailed for the first 50 days? and now its all better?

so what do i believe? that were were going off the cliff to economic disaster? or that it just wasnt that bad and its all uphill from now? or that no one has a fucking clue what they are doing?

He is being roundly criticised for the extensive negative messages. He has to do a balancing act here so as not to worry investors. Also, he does need to appear confident and decisive, otherwise we are sunk.

I'm glad to see him in positive mode right now.
so he was lying before
moron
:rolleyes:

Obama is going to make calculated political statements, like any president does.

My question is who has more credibility?

McCain, you, and the GOP more broadly never once said or posted that the economy was in trouble, until the last six months ....who in fact, spent most of the last 18 months telling us the Bush economy was pretty darn good

Or, the people like Obama and Paul Krugman who said bush was fucking up, the economy was weak, and it was possibly heading for the cliff?

I don't remember you, McCain, or ANY republican message board postrer prior to 6 months ago say the bush economy was a fraud and possibly headed for the cliff. I clearly remember Obama and most other liberals saying it.

well which was the truth from obamalama,, "It's the worst ever" or "It's not as bad as I told you it was"? Which?

He means they're working on it and it's getting better. I know it was a relief to me the day Bush headed back to the ranch for the last time.

Ergh.

I hate to agree with Willow here, but Obama did essentially say "The fundamentals of our economy are strong" with different wording. He fucked up. He shouldn't have said that since the economy is only worse than it was during the McCain/Obama debates when Obama chided McCain for saying that.

Obama fucked up. You shouldn't be a partisan hack and not admit it when your side is wrong.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
he was the one playing it down before
thats kinda hypocritical

I'm aware of his previous statements.

It doesn't change my opinion.
of course not

you are being a partisan

The way I see it the market rallied nicely last week on some good news from Citicorp and GM. Right now I'm more concerned with keeping up that momentum and moving forward in a positive direction than I am in finding stuff to criticize Obama about.

So who's the one being partisan here?

well which was the truth from obamalama,, "It's the worst ever" or "It's not as bad as I told you it was"? Which?

He means they're working on it and it's getting better. I know it was a relief to me the day Bush headed back to the ranch for the last time.

Ergh.

I hate to agree with Willow here, but Obama did essentially say "The fundamentals of our economy are strong" with different wording. He fucked up. He shouldn't have said that since the economy is only worse than it was during the McCain/Obama debates when Obama chided McCain for saying that.

Obama fucked up. You shouldn't be a partisan hack and not admit it when your side is wrong.

Oh my God, do you guys even know what he said? It was nothing like McCain's singular proclamation that the fundamentals of our economy are strong. I really don't care who you agree with, you are on the wrong path.

Here are the discussions, he was not sitting around musing about something that he knows nothing about. He is clearly informed and has a grasp of the issues:

china's growing role

Obama said that increasing purchases of U.S. bonds are "a recognition that the stability not only of our economic system but also our political system is extraordinary." Only three weeks ago, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a visit to Beijing, urged the Chinese to continue investing in U.S. Treasuries, which she said were sound. China's foreign minister, Yang Jiechi, responded with the noncommittal reply that his government is always evaluating where it can best invest its money.

Obama repeated his pledge to reform the international financial system, saying that reforms would be "front and center" at the meeting of the G-20 group of largest world economic powers in London in April.

"We have to do financial regulation, and nobody's going to be a more vigorous promoter of the need for a reform of our financial systems" than the United States, Obama said. He said that a number of moves are needed to restore the world economy, but that "financial regulation is front and center in terms of the issues that we want to deal with."

<snip>

And then:

brazil's concerns

In a critique from a different perspective, Lula said he worried that the flight of investment dollars to the relative safety of American investments was hurting Brazil and the developing world.

"This is a problem we will have to discuss at the G-20 meeting," the Brazilian said.

He said that world leaders should recognize the need to address the social problems that have been heightened around the world by the economic crisis. "We already see migrant workers facing many problems in different countries," he said.

The two leaders said they discussed energy issues, including biofuels, expanding trade, joint work on Africa, and increasing standards of living in Latin America. They said their meeting was friendly and productive.

Obama says U.S. economy remains strong | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser

i'm aware of his previous statements.

It doesn't change my opinion.
of course not

you are being a partisan

the way i see it the market rallied nicely last week on some good news from citicorp and gm. Right now i'm more concerned with keeping up that momentum and moving forward in a positive direction than i am in finding stuff to criticize obama about.

So who's the one being partisan here?
you

Ergh.

Oh my God, do you guys even know what he said? It was nothing like McCain's singular proclamation that the fundamentals of our economy are strong. I really don't care who you agree with, you are on the wrong path.

Here are the discussions, he was not sitting around musing about something that he knows nothing about. He is clearly informed and has a grasp of the issues:

china's growing role

Obama said that increasing purchases of U.S. bonds are "a recognition that the stability not only of our economic system but also our political system is extraordinary." Only three weeks ago, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a visit to Beijing, urged the Chinese to continue investing in U.S. Treasuries, which she said were sound. China's foreign minister, Yang Jiechi, responded with the noncommittal reply that his government is always evaluating where it can best invest its money.

Obama repeated his pledge to reform the international financial system, saying that reforms would be "front and center" at the meeting of the G-20 group of largest world economic powers in London in April.

"We have to do financial regulation, and nobody's going to be a more vigorous promoter of the need for a reform of our financial systems" than the United States, Obama said. He said that a number of moves are needed to restore the world economy, but that "financial regulation is front and center in terms of the issues that we want to deal with."

<snip>

And then:

brazil's concerns

In a critique from a different perspective, Lula said he worried that the flight of investment dollars to the relative safety of American investments was hurting Brazil and the developing world.

"This is a problem we will have to discuss at the G-20 meeting," the Brazilian said.

He said that world leaders should recognize the need to address the social problems that have been heightened around the world by the economic crisis. "We already see migrant workers facing many problems in different countries," he said.

The two leaders said they discussed energy issues, including biofuels, expanding trade, joint work on Africa, and increasing standards of living in Latin America. They said their meeting was friendly and productive.

Obama says U.S. economy remains strong | HonoluluAdvertiser.com | The Honolulu Advertiser
uh, DavidS supports Obama

WASHINGTON -- One of President Obama's economic advisers said Sunday that the economy is fundamentally sound, a striking reversal from the Democrat's campaign rhetoric as his administration now guides the nation's financial health amid dire conditions.
Obama's Democratic allies pleaded for patience for an administration hitting the two-month mark this week, while Republicans said the White House's plans ignore small business and the immediate need to fix what ails the economy.

During the fall campaign, Obama mercilessly mocked his Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, for declaring, "The fundamentals of our economy are strong." Obama's team painted the veteran senator as out of touch and failing to grasp the challenges facing the country.

On Sunday, economic adviser Christina Romer was asked during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" if the fundamentals of the economy were sound. "Of course they are sound," she replied.

Obama Adviser Says Economy Fundamentals Are 'Sound,' Despite Campaign Rhetoric - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

well folks,, there is only one conclusion you can come to.. either obamalama lied then,, or he lies now.. you pick. either way he's a lying sack of shit.

WASHINGTON -- One of President Obama's economic advisers said Sunday that the economy is fundamentally sound, a striking reversal from the Democrat's campaign rhetoric as his administration now guides the nation's financial health amid dire conditions.
Obama's Democratic allies pleaded for patience for an administration hitting the two-month mark this week, while Republicans said the White House's plans ignore small business and the immediate need to fix what ails the economy.

During the fall campaign, Obama mercilessly mocked his Republican opponent, Sen. John McCain, for declaring, "The fundamentals of our economy are strong." Obama's team painted the veteran senator as out of touch and failing to grasp the challenges facing the country.

On Sunday, economic adviser Christina Romer was asked during an appearance on NBC's "Meet the Press" if the fundamentals of the economy were sound. "Of course they are sound," she replied.

Obama Adviser Says Economy Fundamentals Are 'Sound,' Despite Campaign Rhetoric - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

well folks,, there is only one conclusion you can come to.. either obamalama lied then,, or he lies now.. you pick. either way he's a lying sack of shit.

Aside from the obvious truth of your post, Salix, an aside is the following about Romer's expertise:
"She has also researched the causes of the Great Depression in the United States and how the US recovered from the depression. Her work showed that the Great Depression occurred more severely in the US than in Europe, and had somewhat different causes than the Great Depression in Europe. Romer showed that fiscal policy played a relatively small role in the recovery from the depression in the US, because taxes were raised in the US almost as quickly as government spending increased during the New Deal."
Christina Romer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dr. Romer must know that the path the Democrats have chosen didn't work in the past.

Aside from the obvious truth of your post, Salix, an aside is the following about Romer's expertise:
"She has also researched the causes of the Great Depression in the United States and how the US recovered from the depression. Her work showed that the Great Depression occurred more severely in the US than in Europe, and had somewhat different causes than the Great Depression in Europe. Romer showed that fiscal policy played a relatively small role in the recovery from the depression in the US, because taxes were raised in the US almost as quickly as government spending increased during the New Deal."
Christina Romer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dr. Romer must know that the path the Democrats have chosen didn't work in the past.

Remember "Never waste a good crisis"? Well, they didn't.

Now wasn't McCain bashed for the saying the same thing? My vote is that statement is the oxmoron of the year. You got flaky banks, flaky market and flaky stimulus plan. You've got no ethics, no principles and straw grasping. Sound, what the hell is that these days?

Now wasn't McCain bashed for the saying the same thing? My vote is that statement is the oxmoron of the year. You got flaky banks, flaky market and flaky stimulus plan. You've got no ethics, no principles and straw grasping. Sound, what the hell is that these days?

Yes as a matter of fact he was. The dimocwats made a huge deal out of it during the campaign.. a really huge deal..

Forum List

Back