When McCain said it, bad, Obama says it , good.

Were you ever embarrassed by the NO and do nothing Democrats under Bush? Didn't think so.

President Bush got every thing he wanted the first few years he was in office, from a great deal of Democrats, he got his tax cut plan, he got his medicare prescription plan, he got his Iraqi Resolution vote, he got his Patriot Act, he got his Surges, he got his wish on staying in Iraq and all of his funding for it, he got his bankruptcy reform to help the banks, he got his wish on the phone companies and their help is spying, he got Roberts and Alito etc.....

In fact there is not one thing that president truly wanted, he didn't get many, many Democratic votes for...

So, lets not try to rewrite history on the Democrats in congress....sure they might have voiced their concerns, but it was nothing but rhetoric....the Dems were yellow belly cowards the entire 8 years and supported the presidents agenda, with their votes.

care
sorry, that was not HIS medicare prescription plan

The Democrats prescription plan was a mistake made in a failed attempt to correct another mistake made by some of Jr.s lackies who stole some money from it. I don't see two wrong making a right ... regardless of which side did it.

Can you please decode the following statements for the rest of us and tell us how they are not the same? I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be grateful for the reading comprehension lesson.

"Our economy, I think, is still -- the fundamentals of our economy are strong, but these are very, very difficult times,'' McCain said. "I promise you, we will never put America in this position again. We will clean up Wall Street."

"And my opponents may disagree, but those fundamentals -- the American worker and their innovation, their entrepreneurship, the small business, those are the fundamentals of America, and I think they're strong," he said in Orlando.
McCain: Fundamentals of Economy are 'Strong' but 'Threatened' | 44 | washingtonpost.com

But, Mr. Obama said, "if we are keeping focused on all the fundamentally sound aspects of our economy, all the outstanding companies, workers, all the innovation and dynamism in this economy, then we're going to get through this. And I'm very confident about that."
Political Punch: Key Obama Economic Adviser: Fundamentals of the Economy Are Sound

the way he was speaking, and the manner in which his team was presenting their daily news to us, was bringing everyone down....when coupled with the bombardment of every news channel and radio station saying it is the end of times as we knew them...

now i am not foolish enough to believe something has drastically changed to make him switch his tune, and know he has done such because some very smart people from alot of different walks, told him, that he had to change his doom and gloom tune, because ''confidense'' is a very important part of this recovery .

I also believe we have had some good results recently w/BOA and others that show a positive change since he started to sound a little more upbeat and not so negative in every aspect. He is still not talking it up in any kind of unrealistic way, he still adds gloom and doom, but not as much...and at some point this multi trillion the gvt has pumped out has got to make some impact...God willing!

What is the point to all of this uproar, retgysgt? How will all this nit picking right now help us, help the USA?

This is such a non issue, out of all the real issues going on around us now...imo.

It's like crying wolf one too many times....all this continual criticism...when the time comes, where Obama really does something that is truly bad, no one's ever going to believe any of you guys and you all will just get the ''obama basher'' label like the ''bush basher'' label you all gave others...and completely ignored on most all, even if relevent.

Anyway...i ain't no dummy rgs, i know the tune change of O's seems sudden, yah dee and dah on it too...but does it really matter when all is said and done?

care

Wel, if confidence is the name of the games he loses.. Nobody can put confidence in someone who does a 180 just cause it's politically correct.

Tell that to the people who bought stocks last week willow....

if we had a 10% increase like last week every week for a year that would be 520% increase on the year! of course that won't happen but something changed on wall street...

if they bought because of obama's tune change then good, if they bought because of some good news like BOA profits then obama's 180 was justified and even better...

i heard from O, a lot of negative and a little good, a little more positive tone, not a 180 by the way...

How can you just not be LIVID over the fact that he talked our economy down for no other reason than to be able to pass the Democrats spending wish list? He cost Americans over 3 trillion dollars in stock market losses by crying catastrophe so that Harry could get his train and Nancy could get her mouse money. It was nothing short of shameful.

Last edited:
Wel, if confidence is the name of the games he loses.. Nobody can put confidence in someone who does a 180 just cause it's politically correct.

if we had a 10% increase like last week every week for a year that would be 520% increase on the year! of course that won't happen but something changed on wall street...

if they bought because of obama's tune change then good, if they bought because of some good news like BOA profits then obama's 180 was justified and even better...

i heard from O, a lot of negative and a little good, a little more positive tone, not a 180 by the way...

How can you just not be LIVID over the fact that he talked our economy down for no other reason than to be able to pass the Democrats spending wish list? He cost Americans over 3 trillion dollars in stock market losses by crying catastrophe so that Harry could get his train and Nancy could get her mouse money. It was nothing short of shameful.

OH MY GOD!

CUT ME A BREAK!

all of pork came to 2% of everything they spent and Republicans got half of it, with fewer members.

Obama or Democrats or Nancy or Harry did not cost americans 3 trillion in the stock market...that is pure partisan rhetoric that does nothing to help this country and only serves to please right wing NUTS....yes NUTS, LOONIES that try to blame this financial mess and disaster on Obama and it is about as silly as it comes....but go ahead and keep promoting this GARBAGE if it makes you "feel" better.... :cuckoo:

I can't believe those on the right are causing such a tizzy fit over President Obama changing his world stance to a slightly more positive outlook after spending a kazillion million dollars trying to fix it....what is wrong with you guys? Is this all just a partisan game to you? Do you even give a crap about your own country?

You all are complaining because something Obama did might have actually helped us and helped the market a little because of his well advised tune change, which is probably not the case but the actual results of BOA's profits....that helped the market and Obama's outlook just put them at ease a little, allowed them to exhale....

jimminee christmas almighty!!!

What's YOUR PLAN to get us on the right economic track, what did you WANT Obama to do?

Care

John McCain was and is a pathetic old man who lives in the past. His was a useless atttempt at the Presidency. His age plus the fact that he collaborated with the NVA during his POW experience defeated him. Good riddence.

OH MY GOD!

CUT ME A BREAK!

all of pork came to 2% of everything they spent and Republicans got half of it, with fewer members.

Obama or Democrats or Nancy or Harry did not cost americans 3 trillion in the stock market...that is pure partisan rhetoric that does nothing to help this country and only serves to please right wing NUTS....yes NUTS, LOONIES that try to blame this financial mess and disaster on Obama and it is about as silly as it comes....but go ahead and keep promoting this GARBAGE if it makes you "feel" better.... :cuckoo:

I can't believe those on the right are causing such a tizzy fit over President Obama changing his world stance to a slightly more positive outlook after spending a kazillion million dollars trying to fix it....what is wrong with you guys? Is this all just a partisan game to you? Do you even give a crap about your own country?

You all are complaining because something Obama did might have actually helped us and helped the market a little because of his well advised tune change, which is probably not the case but the actual results of BOA's profits....that helped the market and Obama's outlook just put them at ease a little, allowed them to exhale....

What's YOUR PLAN to get us on the right economic track, what did you WANT Obama to do?

Care

I think what it comes down to is that the conservatives don't trust Obama, Pelosi, or Reid.
Fact is, I don't think Obama has a handle on his administration, and Pelosi and Reid have too much influence. I think that just might be the problem.

John McCain was and is a pathetic old man who lives in the past. His was a useless atttempt at the Presidency. His age plus the fact that he collaborated with the NVA during his POW experience defeated him. Good riddence.

yukon, i realize this is nothing but amusement to you and you have no stake in what you say or do, but your bunk does nothing to help those you think you are on the same side of....

McCain gave more to his country then most all men in America, years of his life in enemy captivity...

so ....... kindly....... just, shut up!

Care

OH MY GOD!

CUT ME A BREAK!

Care
uh, no
the republicans were responsible for about 40%
thats not half
and its about equal to their representation
but, the problem is, what we are complaining about is BOTH sides doing it
you seem to think conservatives are only upset at the democrats, thats NOT the case
what i know is that WE will have to pay for all of this, so WE should also get a share of the benefit
we DONT
did you see what our 2 senators got for us?(both republicans)
72 projects, ALL of them in either Portland, or Lewiston
how is that a fair share for the rest of us that will end up paying for it?
thats why they shouldnt be doing this with federal money
it should be cut out and reduce federal taxes so the STATES can tax based on what THEY need

OH MY GOD!

CUT ME A BREAK!

Care

I think what it comes down to is that the conservatives don't trust Obama, Pelosi, or Reid.
Fact is, I don't think Obama has a handle on his administration, and Pelosi and Reid have too much influence. I think that just might be the problem.

I have my own reservations regarding President Obama and our entire congress for that matter, but i am not here day and night, minute by minute, throwing out every thing but the kitchen sink at them, hoping something will stick.....

Those things only tend to hurt us through divisiveness...the devil's tool, divide and conquer.

I think we should save our meaningless complaints, and complain when it is extremely serious and when we have the chance to make a difference, like before a critical vote takes place. After the vote, if they did not vote in the majority to support my position, then i have to live with it, living in a democratic republic.

I grew up in a military family and went to many schools on Military bases, one doesn't continually bash our President, no matter Bush or Obama, in public.... unless it is absolutely necessary, and even then, it should be done respectfully as possible....it's old school in today's world, but it stuck with me, pretty much.

Care

Last edited:

OH MY GOD!

CUT ME A BREAK!

Care

You have missed the whole point of my post. What I want Obama to do is to develop some convictions. I want him to act because he BELIEVES in something, not because it's politically expedient. I detest hypocrisy and that is all that he's shown. And I disagree.. I feel that Obama, Harry and Nancy, as well as many others are very much responsible for the 3 trillion dollars in stock market losses. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that one of the ways to help support our economy is to instill confidence in the public and in those that would invest in our economy. So maybe someone can tell me.. as members of the government ( senator and congressional members )either Obama and company weren't smart enough to realize that or they felt that the political gains were worth the damage. Either way, I find it a problem.

Boy, some of you really need to start reading for comprehension.

you said you kicked ass the last two elections,, just as soon as pop up pelosi and reid took over things went to shit. No babe,, we didn't forget, we're watching you..

:rolleyes: :lol:

You can watch us, just get the hell out of the way. Republicans are now the party of no, their plan is to obstruct for the next 4 to 8 years. They should be embarrassed.

This out of the mouth/keyboard of a member of the former party of obstruction. Guess it's only okey dokey when it's you libbies huh....hypocrite. Give it a rest you don't have a leg to stand on now...

Yeah.

Obama is cheer leading the economy and I support that.

We need a positive mental attitude.
he was the one playing it down before
thats kinda hypocritical

Come on Divecon...that was before polling showed that folks didn't like him due to that. NOW he is sporting the new and improved Oblah blah economy speeches.

From what I've seen since the last administration is that the left wing politicians are always looking at poll numbers to see which way they think on any particuliar day.

he was the one playing it down before
thats kinda hypocritical

Come on Divecon...that was before polling showed that folks didn't like him due to that. NOW he is sporting the new and improved Oblah blah economy speeches.

From what I've seen since the last administration is that the left wing politicians are always looking at poll numbers to see which way they think on any particuliar day.
hell, thats what Clinton did so well

OH MY GOD!

CUT ME A BREAK!

Care

You have missed the whole point of my post. What I want Obama to do is to develop some convictions. I want him to act because he BELIEVES in something, not because it's politically expedient. I detest hypocrisy and that is all that he's shown. And I disagree.. I feel that Obama, Harry and Nancy, as well as many others are very much responsible for the 3 trillion dollars in stock market losses. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that one of the ways to help support our economy is to instill confidence in the public and in those that would invest in our economy. So maybe someone can tell me.. as members of the government ( senator and congressional members )either Obama and company weren't smart enough to realize that or they felt that the political gains were worth the damage. Either way, I find it a problem.

do you think the bush team and the way they handled confidence had anything to do with the 8 trillion dollars lost on the stock market under the last year of President Bush's term?

if you do, then fine, i see nothing hypocritical about your assessment however since you didn't mention such, i would have to presume you are saying this for purely partisan reasons....

and i am not trying purposely to knit pick on ya, but as an outsider....one who is not a Republican, but one who also did not vote for President Obama.... i see it as just opportune partisan politicizing....i'm sorry....but this is what it seems like....

Care

OH MY GOD!

CUT ME A BREAK!

Care

do you think the bush team and the way they handled confidence had anything to do with the 8 trillion dollars lost on the stock market under the last year of President Bush's term?

if you do, then fine, i see nothing hypocritical about your assessment however since you didn't mention such, i would have to presume you are saying this for purely partisan reasons....

and i am not trying purposely to knit pick on ya, but as an outsider....one who is not a Republican, but one who also did not vote for President Obama.... i see it as just opportune partisan politicizing....i'm sorry....but this is what it seems like....

Care

Care, I for one, pulled my money out of the stockmarket when the dems took control of the house and senate. I knew thing were going to change, and I wanted to protect what I had. I also know that there was a lot of people to do this.

Care

Care, I for one, pulled my money out of the stockmarket when the dems took control of the house and senate. I knew thing were going to change, and I wanted to protect what I had. I also know that there was a lot of people to do this.
smart man
it only took em 11 months to make it a mess

Forum List

Back