When McCain said it, bad, Obama says it , good.

hmmmmmmmmmm.... perhaps it has nothing to do with blindly supporting anyone but a realization that McCain wasn't even aware of what was going on as the banks were crashing.

I find it amusing that cartain partisan types can't see the difference between that and the president assuring our INVESTORS that we are a good investment.

Is the disingenuousness intentional?

Mayhaps ... for now time will tell in reality. My comment was a double edged one though, targeted at a couple of the posters who blindly follow their party at the beginning of the thread. They know who they are.

hmmmmmmmmmm.... perhaps it has nothing to do with blindly supporting anyone but a realization that McCain wasn't even aware of what was going on as the banks were crashing.

I find it amusing that cartain partisan types can't see the difference between that and the president assuring our INVESTORS that we are a good investment.

Is the disingenuousness intentional?

Yep. Conservatives only think in straight lines. Suits their purpose. Think their reaction to the Kerry flip flopping sound bite "he voted for it before he voted against it". It's the win that matters, not the details. And that's why a huge section of them should not be allowed to vote, or should pass some remedial intelligence test just to make sure they have grey matter between the ears...

Yep. Conservatives only think in straight lines. Suits their purpose. Think their reaction to the Kerry flip flopping sound bite "he voted for it before he voted against it". It's the win that matters, not the details. And that's why a huge section of them should not be allowed to vote, or should pass some remedial intelligence test just to make sure they have grey matter between the ears...

the lack of nuanced thought is terrifically frightening. But then again, if the goal is to have China feel insecure about our debt and have things crash instead of get better, then I guess their position is more dishonest than badly informed.

I find it amusing that cartain partisan types can't see the difference between that and the president assuring our INVESTORS that we are a good investment

And I find it amusing that certain partisan types would agree with the President's lying to our investors. He doesn't know if we're a good investment, nor do you. As it stands right now, we're not. Not only are we taking on debt at an astronomical rate, but we're doing nothing to lessen the amount of debt we owe.

I find it amusing that cartain partisan types can't see the difference between that and the president assuring our INVESTORS that we are a good investment

And I find it amusing that certain partisan types would agree with the President's lying to our investors. He doesn't know if we're a good investment, nor do you. As it stands right now, we're not. Not only are we taking on debt at an astronomical rate, but we're doing nothing to lessen the amount of debt we owe.

I was sort of hoping this thread would die where it stood. Atta boys at the front and rear. :lol:

When McCain told everyone the economy was sound you liberals all called him mistaken, foolish and stupid.

So now what does that make Obama?

Obama says US economy sound, reassures investors

McCain wanted to continue doing nothing, Obama is defending steps that he and his economic team are taking to bring the country out of this recession.

McCain said himself that he is weak on the economy, we all took him at his word on that. Obama was accused of making the market skittish everytime he or Geithner opened their mouths, the Dow has rallied over the last few days and the criticism now is that he is making positive comments regarding the state of the union.

Sheesh. I'm beginning to wonder if fatboy Rush is the only one wanting the president to fail. :lol:

When McCain told everyone the economy was sound you liberals all called him mistaken, foolish and stupid.

McCain wanted to continue doing nothing, Obama is defending steps that he and his economic team are taking to bring the country out of this recession.

McCain said himself that he is weak on the economy, we all took him at his word on that. Obama was accused of making the market skittish everytime he or Geithner opened their mouths, the Dow has rallied over the last few days and the criticism now is that he is making positive comments regarding the state of the union.

Sheesh. I'm beginning to wonder if fatboy Rush is the only one wanting the president to fail. :lol:

This.

This.

Did you put a picture in your post? I've seen other responses that seem to have something additional that I'm not seeing for some reason.

it does not reassure me that we were in a terrible economic crisis...one that mandated a huge governement intervention with an amount of money that i cannot even grasp the concept of..trillions?
and we all know the government never brings anything in under budget...so what the hell comes after trillions? do any of us know...

jsanders is correct...our debt to other countries is being questioned by the debt holders and the country has done nothing....

for all the bravo of the obama campaign, i expected him to hit the ground running...i know it has only been 50 days...but in a time where each day counts he should have had all his key people in place and vetted. i am rather disappointed to see the clintons taking such a high profile in the "obama" administration. i loved bill clinton to death but his time is over.

then suddenly....pooh..the crisis isnt that bad...oppsie..our bad...not as deep as we said...do they have any clue the damage done by the negative attitudes that prevailed for the first 50 days? and now its all better?

so what do i believe? that were were going off the cliff to economic disaster? or that it just wasnt that bad and its all uphill from now? or that no one has a fucking clue what they are doing?

it does not reassure me that we were in a terrible economic crisis...one that mandated a huge governement intervention with an amount of money that i cannot even grasp the concept of..trillions?
and we all know the government never brings anything in under budget...so what the hell comes after trillions? do any of us know...

jsanders is correct...our debt to other countries is being questioned by the debt holders and the country has done nothing....

for all the bravo of the obama campaign, i expected him to hit the ground running...i know it has only been 50 days...but in a time where each day counts he should have had all his key people in place and vetted. i am rather disappointed to see the clintons taking such a high profile in the "obama" administration. i loved bill clinton to death but his time is over.

then suddenly....pooh..the crisis isnt that bad...oppsie..our bad...not as deep as we said...do they have any clue the damage done by the negative attitudes that prevailed for the first 50 days? and now its all better?

so what do i believe? that were were going off the cliff to economic disaster? or that it just wasnt that bad and its all uphill from now? or that no one has a fucking clue what they are doing?

go with the last one

This.

Did you put a picture in your post? I've seen other responses that seem to have something additional that I'm not seeing for some reason.

lol ... nope.

It's just another way of saying, "I agree."

He is being roundly criticised for the extensive negative messages. He has to do a balancing act here so as not to worry investors. Also, he does need to appear confident and decisive, otherwise we are sunk.

I'm glad to see him in positive mode right now.

I was sort of hoping this thread would die where it stood. Atta boys at the front and rear. :lol:

why would you hope that? and why is a realistic view of the fact that china DOES hold our debt and DOES need to see that all necessary steps are being taken problematic for you?

Forum List

Back