What in the hell????

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
It seems that our newly elected president and vice president are either lying to us or our foreign counterparts...

This just in....an exert from

Obama says US economy sound, reassures investors
By DARLENE SUPERVILLE, Associated Press Writer – Sat Mar 14, 9:15 pm ET

"There's a reason why even in the midst of this economic crisis you've seen actual increases in investment flows here into the United States," Obama said. "I think it's a recognition that the stability not only of our economic system, but also our political system, is extraordinary.

"I think that not just the Chinese government, but every investor, can have absolute confidence in the soundness of investments in the United States," he added.

Vice President Joe Biden on Saturday said he believed there were signs that the public's confidence is growing in the administration's ability to tackle the financial crisis. He credited the "Obama factor."

"There is no doubt in our minds and there is no doubt in the president's mind that in fact we will overcome this. We will climb out of this hole," Biden told The Associated Press in a phone interview. "It just takes some real perseverence and you've got to have a guy as gutsy as the president who's willing to make some really tough decisions."

WTF???? 3 days ago we're sinking so fast, we made the Titanic look like a good place to be. Now, because China started rattling our cage, we're gonna change our tune and start singing Bobby McFerrin tunes??? "DON'T WORRY.....BE HAPPY!"

BO is all like, "Chill ya'll...it's all good in the hood!" and uncle Joe is all, "Can't nobody do like B do! Ya'll know it's true!"

So I'm just thrilled to see the truth is coming out.

Now we just have to decifer which lie to believe.

Back in September, when McCain said our economy was "fundamentally sound" they railed against him, called him out of touch. All that rot. Then like a coward, McCain backtracked. He should have stood his ground and explained to them how right he was and why. To that point in time, the economy had lost about 600,000 jobs in the first 8 months of 2008. Hell, that's less than was lost just LAST MONTH!

Now, we have Obama saying the same thing! The fundamentals of our economy are strong!

And BOTH McCain and now Obama are right. What we have here is a house that's been in a hurricane. The windows are busted out, there's water damage, roof damage. But the foundation of the house is still good! So what do you do, repair the house or tear it down and build another?

Of course, you repair the house. The foundation is solid.

This shows again, what Obama will continue to try to do, what he said he would do when he said: "What you see in FDR that I hope my team can emulate is, not always getting it right, but projecting a sense of confidence."

That's what all con men do. Project a sense of confidence. That's why they're called con men and why what they do is called a con!

Wake up America! See this charlatan for what he is!

Last edited:
If BO goes negative, the markets sink and investors run, so he has to go postive now.
Do you really think he's that stupid, ignorant and inexperienced? That he changed his tune because somebody explained to him the Pygmalion Effect, the self-fulfilling prophesy?

Or could it be that now that he's seeing the bigger picture, stuff he wasn't privy to as a candidate, he's wising up? He did on Gitmo, it's closing on the timetable Bush already had set for it. He did on Iraq, we're getting out no faster than Bush had it set, and still leaving as many troops there as Bush intended.

I don't know. I want to be fair to the guy but he really makes that difficult at times.

If BO goes negative, the markets sink and investors run, so he has to go postive now.

And he is just now figuring this out????? What about 2 weeks ago when his economic advisers were telling the press that we can't gauge our success on the market!?!?!? That the market fluctuations are irrelevant!!! I'm just so disgusted by this political tennis match.

Somebody needs to get on a microphone somewhere and tell us what is REALLY going on.

Is this posturing or is it the actual truth that has been covered up to get the "stick-it-to-us" bill passed?

If this is supposed to be a confidence builder, I'm still not buying. I'm not buying stock, I'm not buying real estate, I'm not buying a new car and I'm sure as hell not buying this line of shit!

alicecoopernightmare-1.jpg

WELCOME TO MY NIGHTMARE!!!!

Do you really think he's that stupid, ignorant and inexperienced? That he changed his tune because somebody explained to him the Pygmalion Effect, the self-fulfilling prophesy?

Or could it be that now that he's seeing the bigger picture, stuff he wasn't privy to as a candidate, he's wising up? He did on Gitmo, it's closing on the timetable Bush already had set for it. He did on Iraq, we're getting out no faster than Bush had it set, and still leaving as many troops there as Bush intended.

I don't know. I want to be fair to the guy but he really makes that difficult at times.

BO is a terrible leader. We're going to be seeing a lot more of this maneuvering on his part. One day he will say one thing, and if it doesn't go over well, he will change his tune a few days later. We've already seen this to a great extent.

BO was a great campaigner, great speaker with the telepromter, but he is not a leader. A leader sets his course of action and pursues it, at least for five minutes. Obama changes course in less than two. This guy is in way over his head. Hopefully, given time, he will get better. We have to realize, the guy has absolutely zero executive experience, and it is showing. So he has a lot to learn. Hopefully, his recent actions will not be indicative of his entire term.

New Topics

Forum List

Back