When McCain said it, bad, Obama says it , good.

let me explain this so that even a two-time bush voter, who still thinks the iraq war was a great idea can understand it.

McCain said the fundamentals were strong, AND he and every single other republican denied we were in a recession or that the bush economy was headed for the cliff. You, MCain, and Rush Limbaugh refused to recognize this reality until you belatedly realized that, for calculated political reasons, you had to throw baby george under the train. It was only when you realized that a political election was at stake you even remotely acknowleged that the nation's economy was sucking wind.

This recession started in 2007. Obama has spent years saying the economy was headed for the cliff.

And the very first sentence of your link quotes the admin saying the economy is still tanking.

so which is it.. cut the shit,, put ink to paper

was obamalama lying when he siad:: "our economy is the worst we've ever seen in our lifetime" or "it's not as bad as we said it was"? which?

Is it suppose to always stay the same? never change with actions taken or with time? and god forbid if it does change and one states such, is that suppose to be hypocritical? :eusa_whistle:

Ya cause a couple weeks is such a long time for change to occur in a Countries economy. Right?

so which is it.. cut the shit,, put ink to paper

was obamalama lying when he siad:: "our economy is the worst we've ever seen in our lifetime" or "it's not as bad as we said it was"? which?

Is it suppose to always stay the same? never change with actions taken or with time? and god forbid if it does change and one states such, is that suppose to be hypocritical? :eusa_whistle:

Ya cause a couple weeks is such a long time for change to occur in a Countries economy. Right?

the way he was speaking, and the manner in which his team was presenting their daily news to us, was bringing everyone down....when coupled with the bombardment of every news channel and radio station saying it is the end of times as we knew them...

now i am not foolish enough to believe something has drastically changed to make him switch his tune, and know he has done such because some very smart people from alot of different walks, told him, that he had to change his doom and gloom tune, because ''confidense'' is a very important part of this recovery .

I also believe we have had some good results recently w/BOA and others that show a positive change since he started to sound a little more upbeat and not so negative in every aspect. He is still not talking it up in any kind of unrealistic way, he still adds gloom and doom, but not as much...and at some point this multi trillion the gvt has pumped out has got to make some impact...God willing!

What is the point to all of this uproar, retgysgt? How will all this nit picking right now help us, help the USA?

This is such a non issue, out of all the real issues going on around us now...imo.

It's like crying wolf one too many times....all this continual criticism...when the time comes, where Obama really does something that is truly bad, no one's ever going to believe any of you guys and you all will just get the ''obama basher'' label like the ''bush basher'' label you all gave others...and completely ignored on most all, even if relevent.

Anyway...i ain't no dummy rgs, i know the tune change of O's seems sudden, yah dee and dah on it too...but does it really matter when all is said and done?

care

Last edited:

the way he was speaking, and the manner in which his team was presenting their daily news to us, was bringing everyone down....when coupled with the bombardment of every news channel and radio station saying it is the end of times as we knew them...

now i am not foolish enough to believe something has drastically changed to make him switch his tune, and know he has done such because some very smart people from alot of different walks, told him, that he had to change his doom and gloom tune, because ''confidense'' is a very important part of this recovery .

I also believe we have had some good results recently w/BOA and others that show a positive change since he started to sound a little more upbeat and not so negative in every aspect. He is still not talking it up in any kind of unrealistic way, he still adds gloom and doom, but not as much...and at some point this multi trillion the gvt has pumped out has got to make some impact...God willing!

What is the point to all of this uproar, retgysgt? How will all this nit picking right now help us, help the USA?

This is such a non issue, out of all the real issues going on around us now...imo.

It's like crying wolf one too many times....all this continual criticism...when the time comes, where Obama really does something that is truly bad, no one's ever going to believe any of you guys and you all will just get the ''obama basher'' label like the ''bush basher'' label you all gave others...and completely ignored on most all, even if relevent.

Anyway...i ain't no dummy rgs, i know the tune change of O's seems sudden, yah dee and dah on it too...but does it really matter when all is said and done?

care

Wel, if confidence is the name of the games he loses.. Nobody can put confidence in someone who does a 180 just cause it's politically correct.

care

Wel, if confidence is the name of the games he loses.. Nobody can put confidence in someone who does a 180 just cause it's politically correct.

Tell that to the people who bought stocks last week willow....

if we had a 10% increase like last week every week for a year that would be 520% increase on the year! of course that won't happen but something changed on wall street...

if they bought because of obama's tune change then good, if they bought because of some good news like BOA profits then obama's 180 was justified and even better...

i heard from O, a lot of negative and a little good, a little more positive tone, not a 180 by the way...

care

if we had a 10% increase like last week every week for a year that would be 520% increase on the year! of course that won't happen but something changed on wall street...

if they bought because of obama's tune change then good, if they bought because of some good news like BOA profits then obama's 180 was justified and even better...

i heard from O, a lot of negative and a little good, a little more positive tone, not a 180 by the way...[/QUOTE]

I suspect you hear exactly what you want to hear.. He did a one eighty. like Kerry,, "he was for it before he was agin it" :lol::lol:

oh, and btw,, really smart people who learn from history won't buy for any reason,, in the space of one week you think we can now trust wall street??? the very people whom you say caused this catastrophe? Hells bells what a pollyanna life you must lead. he did a 180 and that's what you are doing too.

Boy, some of you really need to start reading for comprehension.

you said you kicked ass the last two elections,, just as soon as pop up pelosi and reid took over things went to shit. No babe,, we didn't forget, we're watching you..

:rolleyes: :lol:

You can watch us, just get the hell out of the way. Republicans are now the party of no, their plan is to obstruct for the next 4 to 8 years. They should be embarrassed.

Were you ever embarrassed by the NO and do nothing Democrats under Bush? Didn't think so.

you said you kicked ass the last two elections,, just as soon as pop up pelosi and reid took over things went to shit. No babe,, we didn't forget, we're watching you..

You can watch us, just get the hell out of the way. Republicans are now the party of no, their plan is to obstruct for the next 4 to 8 years. They should be embarrassed.

Were you ever embarrassed by the NO and do nothing Democrats under Bush? Didn't think so.
shes a moron

N

You mean the catastrophe that all of a sudden is not so bad?

Good thing I didn't vote for McCain then huh. Oh BTW I didn't vote for obama either.
And the sheep, now downgraded to lemmings comment was not directed at any party but at party followers in general who have willingly relinquished their reason to the politicians.

And Dimocrats, note that I didn't say liberal because there are no true liberals in the Dimocratic party, like a president who says "Here write the biggest spending bill in history. I won't even bother to read it but I'll scare the public into supporting it and we can get it passed before anyone knows what's in it."

As I said:

Fucking Lemmings

320sw0sw7847.gif

:lol: Oh Christ, another Republican who won't admit to it because your party lost the second election in a row so decidedly. Of course you aren't an R or a D, you like sitting on the fence taking potshots at both sides. You can never lose that way.

I've only been here for 50 posts and that lemming vid is getting pretty lame.

I am not and never have been a repudlican or a Dimocrat.

You see I actually reserve my right to independent thought. Unlike you,Lemming.

i heard from O, a lot of negative and a little good, a little more positive tone, not a 180 by the way...[/QUOTE]

I suspect you hear exactly what you want to hear.. He did a one eighty. like Kerry,, "he was for it before he was agin it" :lol::lol:

oh, and btw,, really smart people who learn from history won't buy for any reason,, in the space of one week you think we can now trust wall street??? the very people whom you say caused this catastrophe? Hells bells what a pollyanna life you must lead. he did a 180 and that's what you are doing too.

Whatever!:eusa_whistle:

i am not saying his tune didn't change, it did, but it did because the old tune was hurting us more than helping....

i don't think we are all of a sudden out of this mess....we got another year or two before we make any strides in coming out of it....

we may have hit close to bottom though, which would be a huge relief! Doesn't mean we won't stay there for a while....

I'm just glad he stopped being so brutally truthful about his fears of the markets, and now is a little more optimistic when he is on the "world stage"...

hopefully the few trillion in bailouts and stimulus will stablize us enough, for us Americans to pick ourselves up and dust off the crud that was thrown at us....

I don't think this is a sure thing, i just hope it is. :) that, or just sit by and watch our country fall further, before being able to pick our selves up....And although i vehemently disagreed with the bank bailouts and some wastefull soending in the stimulus etc, I choose to wish for the former....not the latter...if the latter happens, then so be it...and we, as Americans, will face it, together.

care

I find it amusing that cartain partisan types can't see the difference between that and the president assuring our INVESTORS that we are a good investment.

Are you saying it's not OK to say when it is politically motivated but that it is OK to say when it's economically motivated?

President Bush got every thing he wanted the first few years he was in office, from a great deal of Democrats, he got his tax cut plan, he got his medicare prescription plan, he got his Iraqi Resolution vote, he got his Patriot Act, he got his Surges, he got his wish on staying in Iraq and all of his funding for it, he got his bankruptcy reform to help the banks, he got his wish on the phone companies and their help is spying, he got Roberts and Alito etc.....

In fact there is not one thing that president truly wanted, he didn't get many, many Democratic votes for...

So, lets not try to rewrite history on the Democrats in congress....sure they might have voiced their concerns, but it was nothing but rhetoric....the Dems were yellow belly cowards the entire 8 years and supported the presidents agenda, with their votes.

care

Whatever!:eusa_whistle:

i am not saying his tune didn't change, it did, but it did because the old tune was hurting us more than helping....

i don't think we are all of a sudden out of this mess....we got another year or two before we make any strides in coming out of it....

we may have hit close to bottom though, which would be a huge relief! Doesn't mean we won't stay there for a while....

I'm just glad he stopped being so brutally truthful about his fears of the markets, and now is a little more optimistic when he is on the "world stage"...

hopefully the few trillion in bailouts and stimulus will stablize us enough, for us Americans to pick ourselves up and dust off the crud that was thrown at us....

I don't think this is a sure thing, i just hope it is. :) that, or just sit by and watch our country fall further, before being able to pick our selves up....And although i vehemently disagreed with the bank bailouts and some wastefull soending in the stimulus etc, I choose to wish for the former....not the latter...if the latter happens, then so be it...and we, as Americans, will face it, together.

care

now then,, you have gone and done it.. you have made my case;of course he changed his tune cause his advisor (Bill Clinton) made mention that the gloom and doom was shredding confidence. so yep! he changed his tune, did a 180. said "it wasn't as bad as I said it was" and you are glad he wasn't brutally honest? Well Well now,, you are the same guy that bitched a blue streak when Bush and McCain said we were fundamentally sound when supposedly we were not. HYPOCRITE so now we on the right not only get to call you hypocrites but we get to ask was obamalama lying then? or is he lying now??

Last edited:
Yep. Conservatives only think in straight lines. Suits their purpose. Think their reaction to the Kerry flip flopping sound bite "he voted for it before he voted against it". It's the win that matters, not the details. And that's why a huge section of them should not be allowed to vote, or should pass some remedial intelligence test just to make sure they have grey matter between the ears...

the lack of nuanced thought is terrifically frightening. But then again, if the goal is to have China feel insecure about our debt and have things crash instead of get better, then I guess their position is more dishonest than badly informed.

Lack of nuanced thought? :lol: You have sadly shown your lack of knowledge of what went on in the years prior to the Fannie Mae fiasco and McCain's public and easily found thoughts on the topic at the time. You really should educate yourself before making statements that can be proven to be entirely incorrect, and then you're so smug about it on top of it all. Typical.

Boy, some of you really need to start reading for comprehension.

OMG, I choked on my morning coffee when I read that. :lol: Simply amazing how uninformed some people are on here.

OMG, I choked on my morning coffee when I read that. :lol: Simply amazing how uninformed some people are on here.

indoctrinated is what they are!

indoctrinated is what they are!

It's kind of scary really to see how many people have no idea what the hell they're talking about, and they're all voting.

President Bush got every thing he wanted the first few years he was in office, from a great deal of Democrats, he got his tax cut plan, he got his medicare prescription plan, he got his Iraqi Resolution vote, he got his Patriot Act, he got his Surges, he got his wish on staying in Iraq and all of his funding for it, he got his bankruptcy reform to help the banks, he got his wish on the phone companies and their help is spying, he got Roberts and Alito etc.....

In fact there is not one thing that president truly wanted, he didn't get many, many Democratic votes for...

So, lets not try to rewrite history on the Democrats in congress....sure they might have voiced their concerns, but it was nothing but rhetoric....the Dems were yellow belly cowards the entire 8 years and supported the presidents agenda, with their votes.

care
sorry, that was not HIS medicare prescription plan

you are the one attempting to rewrite history

Last edited:

Forum List

Back