What Are Your Internet Manners?

I don't behave/speak all that differently here than I do IRL. I wasn't aware when I first joined that USMB allows kids on, and I have been cognizant of this since I learned. But in truth, we seem to have only a couple of young people and they seem to hold their own, so it does not chill me as much as perhaps it should.

I think the men on USMB owe the ladies a modicum of consideration. Save the no-holds-barred viciousness and threats for one another. I think the young owe a teeny-weeny amount of consideration to the mature, and the mature owe a much larger consideration to everyone else, especially the very young.

I think it's wrong to keep after someone who has thrown the white flag or seems to be distressed.

I think the straights need to check the anti-gay insults, especially when they hurl them at GLBT USMB-ers. This is something I need to work on myself.

I think our military and vets should be looked at by us civilians with gratitude and pride. We admire you. We admire your families.

If you are a professional -- painter, plumber, lawyer, scientist, doctor, computer genius, broker, etc. -- remember some people on the 'net are so lacking in critical thinking skills they will follow your advice to the letter. You all know the caveats to use....I think you should try to remember to include them when you post "with your biz hat on".

I think the American USMB-ers are generally polite to the furreniers, and that this is, after all, a US political board. I hope we aren't all coming across as Ugly Americans and I know, I like learning a little about other nations.

So, what are your USMB manners?

BTW, I certainly dun claim I never have a manners faux pax. Mine are hardly the standard anyone else should be following...at least not as I practice them!
Why don't you just lie some more and tell women that they are ***** and have maggot infested pussies some more, Miss Manners. :rolleyes:

Damn, are you delusional - daring to speak of manners. Classless, better hags who haven't more than two brain cells to rub together amaze me in what they dare write.

Wow, if not you, I'd neg. Leave the c word out, please. No matter how provoked that is wrong.

I personally hate the word "nipple".

Thank goodness I don't have to see it very often.

I don't behave/speak all that differently here than I do IRL. I wasn't aware when I first joined that USMB allows kids on, and I have been cognizant of this since I learned. But in truth, we seem to have only a couple of young people and they seem to hold their own, so it does not chill me as much as perhaps it should.

I think the men on USMB owe the ladies a modicum of consideration. Save the no-holds-barred viciousness and threats for one another. I think the young owe a teeny-weeny amount of consideration to the mature, and the mature owe a much larger consideration to everyone else, especially the very young.

I think it's wrong to keep after someone who has thrown the white flag or seems to be distressed.

I think the straights need to check the anti-gay insults, especially when they hurl them at GLBT USMB-ers. This is something I need to work on myself.

I think our military and vets should be looked at by us civilians with gratitude and pride. We admire you. We admire your families.

If you are a professional -- painter, plumber, lawyer, scientist, doctor, computer genius, broker, etc. -- remember some people on the 'net are so lacking in critical thinking skills they will follow your advice to the letter. You all know the caveats to use....I think you should try to remember to include them when you post "with your biz hat on".

I think the American USMB-ers are generally polite to the furreniers, and that this is, after all, a US political board. I hope we aren't all coming across as Ugly Americans and I know, I like learning a little about other nations.

BTW, I certainly dun claim I never have a manners faux pax. Mine are hardly the standard anyone else should be following...at least not as I practice them!
Why don't you just lie some more and tell women that they are ***** and have maggot infested pussies some more, Miss Manners. :rolleyes:

Damn, are you delusional - daring to speak of manners. Classless, better hags who haven't more than two brain cells to rub together amaze me in what they dare write.

Wow, if not you, I'd neg. Leave the c word out, please. No matter how provoked that is wrong.

Why, Annie?

Just quoting your pal Madeline, dear. I never use it. Ever. It's only for pigs.

simply delete without opening PM's from people you ignore?

:lol:

I do now....I cannot believe I had to have that suggestion laid out for me. I am a technotard at times.

Edited By Intense. Abusive Content. It has absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with tech abilities. It is common sense. delete is what I do when I get messages from you and your crowd. I've even posted images of it. Edited By Intense. Abusive Content. .

perfectwine.jpg

-------------------

She's not my pal. God knows! Thanks for your latest post.

Okie dokie, then. Still waiting to hear, if I might, why the word "****" cannot be written on a message board where no one bats an eye at "n*gger", "camel jockey", etc.

What dasdardly evil is suggested to you by someone else rudely referring to a woman's pink bits, Annie?

simply delete without opening PM's from people you ignore?

:lol:

I do now....I cannot believe I had to have that suggestion laid out for me. I am a technotard at times.

you stupid fuck. It has absolutely N-O-T-H-I-N-G to do with tech abilities. It is common sense. delete is what I do when I get messages from you and your crowd. I've even posted images of it you stupid dipshit.

perfectwine.jpg

-------------------

Miss Manners would not consider Dainty to be a gentle person.

Just sayin'.

I don't behave/speak all that differently here than I do IRL. I wasn't aware when I first joined that USMB allows...

Mad Maddie, is full-o-shit

end of story

:eusa_whistle:

Okie dokie, then. Still waiting to hear, if I might, why the word "****" cannot be written on a message board where no one bats an eye at "n*gger", "camel jockey", etc.

What dasdardly evil is suggested to you by someone else rudely referring to a woman's pink bits, Annie?

You are mistaken if you think nobody objects to vile, vulgar, racial epithets.

The best policy, imho, is to completely shun the people who post them.

You are the most nauseating person on this messageboard.

Don't speak of manners. You have none. Although I definitely believe your claim that you are no differenct here at USMB than you are in real life. Few in real life even dare walk on the same side of the street as you, let alone intereact with you in real life, thus you are here 24/7, and few have an ounce of respect for you here, either.

How's that ignoring me going, liar?

Last edited:

You are mistaken if you think nobody objects to vile, vulgar, racial epithets.

The best policy, imho, is to completely shun the people who post them.

Some I do, some I don't. I have most of the worst offenders on ignore.

Putting people on ignore is generally pointless. They are often quoted by others.

By shunning, I mean to not engage in discussion with them. Act is if they do not exist.

"I have written on all sorts of subjects... yet I have no enemies; except indeed all the Whigs, all the Tories, and all the Christians." David Hume

I do not continue an argument beyond a few comments, though I will post new material if relevant.

I never - rarely - get mad at ad hominem replies.

I do not take this so serious I have to curse - exception emphasis.

I do not correct grammar, as I sometimes re-read something I wrote, and think WTF. Plus content matters, thought is often haphazard.

I try to add links or quotes that support, embellish, or stand as a foil to a reply.

I often reply only to add information and not debate; debate with some people is useless.

On occasion, I hope some post or thread helps get someone through the day or lights a light.

I try to stay away from personal or financial information or bragging.

I usually find the single clever sentence replies cute but useless.

If a reply, regardless of length, makes me laugh out loud, even when I disagree, I positive rep it.

Enough for now. ;)

"If anybody asks me what I have accomplished, I will say all I have accomplished is that I have written a few good sentences." Eric Hoffer

I may not agree with your POV too much, but I do respect you as a Person. Your style is gentle and kind. We are in part all products of our upbringing. If we pass you by in the Ark, after the next food, I will make sure We stop and pick you up, We will make room for you, No One left behind. ;)

And these 2 men are what "classy" means folks. :thup:

Putting people on ignore is generally pointless. They are often quoted by others.

By shunning, I mean to not engage in discussion with them. Act is if they do not exist.

If you mean never reply, that I cannot do. If I see it, I burst into flames. I have to not see it....but I don't open threads begun by someone I have on ignore.

That helps.

I wonder if Annie will ever reply to my question about "c*nt"?

For the record, I am quite able and have used crude and/or obscene words. However, there are a few, the c word comes to mind, that are really demeaning whether hurled at male or female.

Not banned here, but imo should be beyond the pale.

Those that wish to continue the discussion, feel free. I stated my stand.

Forum List

Back