What Are Your Internet Manners?

Putting people on ignore is generally pointless. They are often quoted by others.

By shunning, I mean to not engage in discussion with them. Act is if they do not exist.

Bastle was shunned by the others in his tribe, so he joined the USMB

TylerisnotAmish.jpg

Putting people on ignore is generally pointless. They are often quoted by others.

By shunning, I mean to not engage in discussion with them. Act is if they do not exist.

If you mean never reply, that I cannot do. If I see it, I burst into flames. I have to not see it....but I don't open threads begun by someone I have on ignore.

That helps.

I wonder if Annie will ever reply to my question about "c*nt"?

I have, you just didn't get it.

For the record, I am quite able and have used crude and/or obscene words. However, there are a few, the c word comes to mind, that are really demeaning whether hurled at male or female.

Not banned here, but imo should be beyond the pale.

Those that wish to continue the discussion, feel free. I stated my stand.

why is c-u-n-t dirty word? do you know any c-u-n-t-s that smell? are they clean? what about twats?

gawd, you Puritans of the 21st century need to be taken out and shot!

She's not my pal. God knows! Thanks for your latest post.

Okie dokie, then. Still waiting to hear, if I might, why the word "****" cannot be written on a message board where no one bats an eye at "n*gger", "camel jockey", etc.

What dasdardly evil is suggested to you by someone else rudely referring to a woman's pink bits, Annie?

You are mistaken if you think nobody objects to vile, vulgar, racial epithets.

The best policy, imho, is to completely shun the people who post them.

there is nothing inherently wrong with the word '******' or any other word.

There IS something wrong with calling a black person a '******'

If you can't see the difference than you have learned nothing in your life.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/******-Strange-Career-Troublesome-Word/dp/0375421726]Amazon.com: ****** - The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word (9780375421723): Randall Kennedy: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

niggern.png

How would one ask fro this book in a book store? :lol:

seriously? Has pc-ism become so rampant and acceptable that one would ask for "the book written by a black man with the title of the 'n' word"?

How degrading, insulting, and patronizing would that be?

For the record, I am quite able and have used crude and/or obscene words. However, there are a few, the c word comes to mind, that are really demeaning whether hurled at male or female.

I know this is how you feel, Annie. I just can't understand why? I can tolerate damned near any word in the dictionary except "n*gger"....it strikes me as odder than fuck for a chick to demonize her own pink bits in the fashion you have chosen to, by setting only "c*nt" outside the pale.

I use to swear a bit to say the least when I first got to USMB. I do try my best to avoid such language now. It's always a work in progress. :lol:

Though on the upside, I am glad to have never used the C word that some posters use towards female posters or any other sort of slur.

I use to swear a bit to say the least when I first got to USMB. I do try my best to avoid such language now. It's always a work in progress. :lol:

Though on the upside, I am glad to have never used the C word that some posters use towards female posters or any other sort of slur.

Shut the hell up you little bastard. :evil:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Okie dokie, then. Still waiting to hear, if I might, why the word "****" cannot be written on a message board where no one bats an eye at "n*gger", "camel jockey", etc.

What dasdardly evil is suggested to you by someone else rudely referring to a woman's pink bits, Annie?

I'm coming close to the personal choice on this. Great post.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/******-Strange-Career-Troublesome-Word/dp/0375421726]Amazon.com: ****** - The Strange Career of a Troublesome Word (9780375421723): Randall Kennedy: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame]

niggern.png

seriously? Has pc-ism become so rampant and acceptable that one would ask for "the book written by a black man with the title of the 'n' word"?

depends on what color you are.
It's immensely fun to watch the outrage that occurs when you merely type "******".

niggern.png

It's immensely fun to watch the outrage that occurs when you merely type "******".

:eusa_shhh:

Just quoting your pal Madeline, dear. I never use it. Ever. It's only for pigs.

Sorry, but some of us not only bat an eye, we cringe. I have even requested a word filter for our CP.
So far we don't have it.
Yes, Maddie, ALL of those words offend me.

I know this is how you feel, Annie. I just can't understand why? I can tolerate damned near any word in the dictionary except "n*gger"....it strikes me as odder than fuck for a chick to demonize her own pink bits in the fashion you have chosen to, by setting only "c*nt" outside sthe pale.
Too fucking bad that you can't understand why. With your lack of any intellectual capacity, you should be used to understanding close to nothing.

Take another drink. Maybe you will finally pass out and get some sleep.

Last edited:

Sorry, but some of us not only bat an eye, we cringe. I have even requested a word filter for our CP.
So far we don't have it.

I believe you, Kat. And this might be Annie's issue as well...all "bad words". You have a certain persona that would make me feel positively crappy for using such language towards you -- so does Pixie, and a few others. I dun share your sensitivity, obviously, but if I did, I wouldn't put "c*nt" at the top of the heap. So what if someone calls me a chick?

I ain't ashamed to be one.

niggern.png

I do agree, context is king.

No offense to the ladies in this thread who are arguing with each other, but don't you get tired of it after awhile? It seems like every thread becomes an argument over the same stuff. Even more so than Dive and I use to, and I use to think we were bad. :lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

So far we don't have it.

I believe you, Kat. And this might be Annie's issue as well...all "bad words". You have a certain persona that would make me feel positively crappy for using such language towards you -- so does Pixie, and a few others. I dun share your sensitivity, obviously, but if I did, I wouldn't put "c*nt" at the top of the heap. So what if someone calls me a chick?

I ain't ashamed to be one.
Bullshit. You called both Pixie and Newby bitches, among other offensive and classless names.

Forum List

Back